What other games are we all playing?

I was playing bit of Witcher 3 today and while doing some quest for the Bloody Baron I stumbled upon two drunk guards in the basement.
And they went with the very exact same accents as in certain movie:
"-Bring out the gimp
-The gimp sleeping...
- Well, I guess you're just gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you? "
Needles to say I fled in a hurry...

I love those small Easter eggs in TW3. Today I actually read a small note I found. Apparently, CDP are fans of Cthulhu.

I was playing bit of Witcher 3 today and while doing some quest for the Bloody Baron I stumbled upon two drunk guards in the basement.
And they went with the very exact same accents as in certain movie:
"-Bring out the gimp
-The gimp sleeping...
- Well, I guess you're just gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you? "
Needles to say I fled in a hurry...
Easter eggs in the Witcher 3 are awesome. There are whole guides and videos about them.
Personally, my favourite is the Monty Python rabbit, because I found it on my own, but all of them are kind of endearing. :)

Not having any access to t'internet for over 3 weeks, no mobile phone signal due to moving house to a very pleasantly situated communications black hole...I've been playing a lot of Xbox...namely RDR2 which is the only game I have in hard copy.

Practically everything else refused to work at all with no connection to said t'internet with the exception of Sniper, Ghost warrior 3 in my Steam library... which I finished in around 10 hours....that and Project cars 2. I've still only got half an internet connection...enough to post on here and access my digital game collection but not much else...

Just as well I love RDR2 then :rolleyes:

Not having any access to t'internet for over 3 weeks, no mobile phone signal due to moving house to a very pleasantly situated communications black hole...I've been playing a lot of Xbox...namely RDR2 which is the only game I have in hard copy.

Practically everything else refused to work at all with no connection to said t'internet with the exception of Sniper, Ghost warrior 3 in my Steam library... which I finished in around 10 hours....that and Project cars 2. I've still only got half an internet connection...enough to post on here and access my digital game collection but not much else...

Just as well I love RDR2 then :rolleyes:

Man, you're seriously committed to online gaming! I'd say 95% of my combined Steam/GOG library works offline. The only absolutely infuriating case I've experienced is Steep (Ubi Soft skiiing game), which, if offline doesn't allow you to take part in events (races, time attacks, score attacks, jumping challenges, etc) because reasons. There's still free skiing so it's not quite dead, but it's still pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Man, you're seriously committed to online gaming! I'd say 95% of my combined Steam/GOG library works offline. The only absolutely infuriating case I've experienced is Steep (Ubi Soft skiiing game), which, if offline doesn't allow you to take part in events (races, time attacks, score attacks, jumping challenges, etc) because reasons. There's still free skiing so it's not quite dead, but it's still pretty ridiculous.
Not that interested in the online part of gaming to be honest...that's old news for me. What I did find with absolutely no internet connection at all is that 90% of my games library on Steam, Origin and Uplay simply required an initial online login before the offline option was available...kinda defeats the object somewhat.

Even strictly offline games like Metro Exodus or Far Cry Primal refused to fire up via Steam's offline mode, obviously needing a partner handshake from Epic or Uplay before they worked. Anything Ubisoft was a complete no-no since Uplay refused any attempts at logging in in an offline capacity. It's not like I had an internet connection and was just attempting to play offline, I had nothing...not even a mobile phone signal.

I managed to trick FIFA 19 to fire up by spam clicking on the executable directly from the game directory forcing the Origin launcher to fire up in an offline mode...unfortunately, that was the only game that worked at all bar the ones I mentioned.

They should have worked offline if you parked it offline whilst still connected, very strange. Can you use your phone a mobile hotspot just to login and go offline straight after?

AFAIK Uplay can work offline but you need to be online to enable the offline mode (LOL)
Steam is trash, Origin, well, I'm a fan of Origin but nope, they don't do offline very well.

Fortunately I'm mainly using GOG. I really can't thank CDP enough.

Never had an issue with either Uplay or Steam in offline. Origin I hate with a passion

Only ever had an issue with offline mode if I had no notification I'd be offline for a while. ie grab your kit your off on holiday to somewhere sandy....

Playing just the first few hours of Darksiders 3.

I loved the first one, the whole setting and story gripped me. The second had some great stuff too but something about the gameplay put me off it and I never finished it.

The third goes for a Souls-a-like type affair which is interesting. Same sort of thing where if you die you lose collected items which can be picked up and recovered however smaller mobs all respawn etc etc.

The story seems to be there and what I love most of the series the exploration of the environment is still strong.

Really enjoying it so far though reviewers didn't mark it all that highly. Maybe I'm seeing something they didn't or havent experienced yet.

Started another PT in Stellaris. Machine Empire. Very good start and got the ball rolling. Then found out they totally changed Ecumonopoly and habitats. Again about to cancel and start another. I swear to God, when I ever finish a bloody PT in Stellaris ....

Finally got around the play XCOM 2 with the "Long War" mod.

I'll be damned, this must be one of the greatest modding jobs in the history of gaming. It dramatically changes the game, keeping all the good parts and adding so much more.

Finally got around the play XCOM 2 with the "Long War" mod.

I'll be damned, this must be one of the greatest modding jobs in the history of gaming. It dramatically changes the game, keeping all the good parts and adding so much more.
I really disliked XCOM1, hated the campaign forcing it to the end. I mostly play just for the sake of it. Mission for mission. I need my own pacing and long war and some extra mods were one of the best round based tactical combat experiences I ever had. Loved it.

I tend to play Star Wars BattleFront 2 when not in ED.
I just had a look at Dauntless but I'm not really convinced.
Sometimes I go back to diablo 3 and I play PixelJunk Monsters with my wife to chill out together.

Been playing through the classic Build Engine FPSs since I missed those games the first time around (grew up in a Mac household). My method is: play on 2nd highest difficulty and I only save/reload once at the start of a stage or upon collection of a new keycard. loving it so far.

Finished Duke 3D, played the D.C. expansion, drew the line at Christmas duke and am probably going to bail on the tropical vacation one as well. Currently around ⅔ of the way through Shadow Warrior and enjoying it even more than Duke.

The inventiveness, thought, and variety put into the Build Engine games is wonderful. Hard to believe that these "dumb" FPS action games have more complex levels and engaging puzzles than most modern RPGs. Shadow Warrior's levels are frequently on par with some of the best dungeons in a Zelda game.

Saving Blood for last because the remaster came out relatively recently, and from what I've read it's not quite faithful yet, but has been getting steady patches. Looking forward to it and who knows maybe I'll play Ion Maiden after that if Ive not burned out by then.

Had to uninstall Elite and several other things because mates talked me into returning to Destiny 2 for a while (That thing is over 100GB. Oof.)
Turned out Destiny 2 doesn't run on Zen 2 processors.

Reinstalling Elite, now. :LOL:

Anything that can be paused, so Stellaris, Observation, Outer Wilds and AC:Origins - though with a 17 month old that won't settle, even those games aren't seeing any action. Elite is resting as I can't get in to it without interuption. It's temporary... I hope.

Top Bottom