Longest time out of the bubble?

So recently I've reached Beagle Point and upon getting there I realized that my last visit at a station was almost 4 months ago (April 5th) when i docked near Sag A and I left the bubble almost 8 months ago (departed on the 6th of January). While this is mostly due to my work schedule and me playing more casually it still is longer than some people play most games in total. In that time I've missed a lot of things like events and new releases (I don't have a second account because I'd rather commit to one) and will miss a lot more since coming back isn't really that important at the moment. I've out in one ship (Krait MK2) for so long in fact that I feel like the interior is deteriorating in front of my own eyes (not sure if it's just my paranoia or maybe the textures really do change slightly over time).

This bringw me to my question: How long have you guys been out of the bubble on one expedition? I’m not talking total because that would be hard to count but did you ever spend more than a month or maybe a bit more than a month just flying trough no man’s land.

Just a random question to bring some discussion and maybe satiate my curiosity.

I'm not exactly sure how long, but I was somewhat keeping track of the hours, and I got back to the bubble with 55 hours total. Including time logged off, I would say about 6 months. I also stopped at colonia

Hope you're sitting down, CMDR. Folks have been out for years. I met a guy at Beagle that was in an unengineered 32ly Anaconda. He left before Engineering was a thing.

Yeah I'm aware my time is nowhere near the top. Still finding out there are actually such people is fascinating.

Current trip has been 4 months without docking (stopped briefly at the base in the Heart Nebula). Still maybe a few months left before the next stop. Longest trip of mine was around 6 months as well, a lazy circle with Sol,Sag A* and what eventually became Colonia at the edge.

:D S

Last time out I took a couple of weeks to get to Beagle Point, then three days to get back so Shinrarta... You dont need to stay out for months unless you want to.
Sure I don't have to. If I went straight for Beagle and back I'd be done in like a month or two tops even at my pace but then I wouldn't see so many views on the way (a big part of why I don't feel like coming back).

Sure I don't have to. If I went straight for Beagle and back I'd be done in like a month or two tops even at my pace but then I wouldn't see so many views on the way (a big part of why I don't feel like coming back).
Tis true... I still see a lot though. Perhaps not as much, but it wont be my last trip out either. I'm in no hurry.

Like you I’ve been out of the Bubble since January. Helped out with the DW2 Omega Nebula CG, made my way to Colonia, transferred some ships and modules out, did some mining, unlocked engineers, went to Beagle, neutron jumped my way back to Jaques, built up my rep with local factions, fought in a few conflicts including the great war for Carcosa last week, just decided to drop half a billion and get my Vette transferred out here. I am enjoying the life of a provincial bumpkin almost more than being a city slicker from Okinura.

Never done a neutron jump... I'm always worried I'd miss something interesting.
I usually think about missing things due to neurtron jumping this way: unless I visit every system (not enough of a life span for that) I will miss some things anyway so might as well get to that interestig cluster quicker.

I usually think about missing things due to neurtron jumping this way: unless I visit every system (not enough of a life span for that) I will miss some things anyway so might as well get to that interestig cluster quicker.
I agree. I never claimed I was being rational. I see the dark, and I hear the void calling... And then, some time later I come back...

My longest so far has been however long DW2 was, around 5/6 months? After that I came back to the bubble to unlock and rank the engineers I wanted and set off again. That’s all on my explorer alt account though so I don’t expect to be docking again anytime soon and until I find my first ringed ELW (my own personal quest) I’ve no desire to go back.*

*Admittedly very easy on a second account :)

Hope you're sitting down, CMDR. Folks have been out for years. I met a guy at Beagle that was in an unengineered 32ly Anaconda. He left before Engineering was a thing.
These people are heroes, they contribute to the colonization of the galaxy by the human species.

:)

Top Bottom