Colonia or Bubble to 'Git Gud'

On your way yet?
No, you've still a couple of months of play before I humiliate you into quitting Elite Dangerous to play Legos Online.

I did have a few tense moments yesterday when an NPC pirate chased me into Cregglezone while I was loaded with nerve agents. I had to enter the mail slot at 200m/s to avoid detection, and subsequent annihilation, by the local security forces. Long story short: I'm learning to live in that gray area where nobody likes you and everyone hates you - that way, I'll be ready to help out Loren's Legion.

Last edited:
No, you've still a couple of months of play before I humiliate you into quitting Elite Dangerous to play Legos Online.

I did have a few tense moments yesterday when an NPC pirate chased me into Cregglezone while I was loaded with nerve agents. I had to enter the mail slot at 200m/s to avoid detection, and subsequent annihilation, by the local security forces. Long story short: I'm learning to live in that gray area where nobody likes you and everyone hates you - that way, I'll be ready to help out Loren's Legion.
Next time pop a heat sink. Chill life = easy life.

When it comes to serious PvP the only way forward is constant refinement and improvement through practice.
The broader the range of opponents and situations the more your skills, reactions and management will improve.
I suspect this is the root of the gap between the top-tier PvPers that sometimes go out on a gank, and the tryhards that seem to do nothing but try and gank. If all you do is sit at the star and pull newbies, you're not going to actually get any experience. Rinzler even pointed out in his git gud guide that most gankers are scrubs.

I'm kind of relying on the fact that most gankers are scrubs- my tactic is to go to known gank-hotspots hoping to be attacked! I'm hoping that my combat rating being only deadly and not elite will encourage a few bullies to attack.

After a bit of that try to see if I can get a few good people to give me a masterclass with tips - even if the tips come after a rebuy.

Any thoughts on a system to start at? I was thinking Sol and Shinrarta followed by maybe Deciat?

I'm kind of relying on the fact that most gankers are scrubs- my tactic is to go to known gank-hotspots hoping to be attacked! I'm hoping that my combat rating being only deadly and not elite will encourage a few bullies to attack.

After a bit of that try to see if I can get a few good people to give me a masterclass with tips - even if the tips come after a rebuy.

Any thoughts on a system to start at? I was thinking Sol and Shinrarta followed by maybe Deciat?
Definitely try Deciat. The few murder hobos and seal clubbers that I've friended are there almost nightly.

On a related note, I tried the "try and get schwacked " thing during the exploration CG a few weeks ago. I kitted out an AspX and for battle and trolled around. Got a few bites but as soon as I returned fire and my shields held and there's didn't, they executed a hasty Brave Sir Robin. One guy lined up behind me and I was sure he was going to pull me....I waited a second and then got a direct message. "LMAO, CMDR...nice loadout for an exploration ship. Anybody fall for it?" I responded "A few." He responded, "You've got stones, fly dangerous!" and banked away.

It was fun for an evening anyway.

Definitely try Deciat. The few murder hobos and seal clubbers that I've friended are there almost nightly.

On a related note, I tried the "try and get schwacked " thing during the exploration CG a few weeks ago. I kitted out an AspX and for battle and trolled around. Got a few bites but as soon as I returned fire and my shields held and there's didn't, they executed a hasty Brave Sir Robin. One guy lined up behind me and I was sure he was going to pull me....I waited a second and then got a direct message. "LMAO, CMDR...nice loadout for an exploration ship. Anybody fall for it?" I responded "A few." He responded, "You've got stones, fly dangerous!" and banked away.

It was fun for an evening anyway.
I've done that with my DBS too. I know the stealth-dbs-hulltank isn't as popular as it used to be but it still gets a few bites. I'd do it with a DBX for the true pose-as-an-explorer look but it's a touch too heavy to get any speed out of it compared to the scout.

most gankers are scrubs

most gankers are scrubs

Not necessarily representative...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQOOgNCMDXc

I'm hoping that my combat rating being only deadly and not elite will encourage a few bullies to attack.

Combat rank is meaningless. Best to fly a damaged ship. Half of my CMDRs CMDR kills are from being yanked by people who somehow think having a hull that's been shot to pieces means he can't shoot back.

Also, swap out your interdictor for an advanced docking computer. Works exactly the same way, only in reverse.

Combat rank is meaningless. Best to fly a damaged ship. Half of my CMDRs CMDR kills are from being yanked by people who somehow think having a hull that's been shot to pieces means he can't shoot back.

Also, swap out your interdictor for an advanced docking computer. Works exactly the same way, only in reverse.
I'd have thought an elite-ranked pilot flying a small-pad ship with a docking computer would be even more of a "that's bait" sign.

Not necessarily representative...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQOOgNCMDXc

That vid is great! What a muppet!

Thinking about it my C1 has an extra hull reinforcement to help the thermal resistance, I might have to change that. Will see how many times I get pulled over first though....

Last edited:
That's actually one of the reasons my CMDR unlocked virtually all obtainable permits by 1.3; they were great places to escape to. Was one of the logistical aspects to PvP that I enjoyed on the rare opportunities I was able to leverage them.

Of course, any high-wake is virtually impossible to follow if you double jump or cut thrusters immediately on entrance to a new system.

Top Bottom