PC components updated

Here are some of my experiences with hardware updates. I started with a i5 4690, 8gb ddr3 ram, gtx 970. The resolution of my monitor is 1440p. At first i tried to change the ram to 16 gb 1600 mhz. It helped a lot in terms of running Planet Coaster more fluid. Then i built a new system with Ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ddr4 ram 3200 mhz, RTX 2070. I can see a big amount of improvements now. Planet Coaster is running fluid on Ultra and so far no problems with 7000 guests in a bigger park. My conclusion is, that there actually IS a way to improve the performance. Maybe not that much as in mostly all other games and it ever depends on the park and how it is build but there is at least reachable improvement. At least this means, i think, user with a weak machine are having trouble to run this game at least playable. I thought i share my experience maybe others can share theirs. Have a nice weekend. :)

Edit: i do not compare fps because i think it is more important how the gameplay feels. More fluid on lower fps is in my opinion better than high fps with stutters.

Last edited:
THX - in the process of pricing out a new machine myself right now and it may even be a bit more power than what you have here. Hopefully it helps me. :)

Here are some of my experiences with hardware updates. I started with a i5 4690, 8gb ddr3 ram, gtx 970. The resolution of my monitor is 1440p. At first i tried to change the ram to 16 gb 1600 mhz. It helped a lot in terms of running Planet Coaster more fluid. Then i built a new system with Ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ddr4 ram 3200 mhz, RTX 2070. I can see a big amount of improvements now. Planet Coaster is running fluid on Ultra and so far no problems with 7000 guests in a bigger park. My conclusion is, that there actually IS a way to improve the performance. Maybe not that much as in mostly all other games and it ever depends on the park and how it is build but there is at least reachable improvement. At least this means, i think, user with a weak machine are having trouble to run this game at least playable. I thought i share my experience maybe others can share theirs. Have a nice weekend. :)

Edit: i do not compare fps because i think it is more important how the gameplay feels. More fluid on lower fps is in my opinion better than high fps with stutters.

Cool.

Do you think if I did the same upgrade from a i7 7700k, 32 GB of ram, and a Geforce 2060 super at 1440p resolution that processor upgrade would help a lot ? I am guessing no but wanted to at least see. It could.

Ordered all my parts. Will soon have something way better (I hope) from what I currently run on. I will report back in a few weeks after everything is up and running.

Current system built back in 2012.
AMD FX-8350
16mb DDR3
MSI 990FXA-GD80 (MS-7640)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Hard Drive storage

New set up
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus ATX Motherboard
Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 32GB 3000MHz Performance Memory Module - PVS416G300C6
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (using the current card I have as its pretty new)
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+, 80 Plus Gold 850W, Fully Modular
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
2- Seagate BarraCuda SSD 500GB Internal Solid State Drive
SilverStone Technology RL06BR-GP black and Red Color with Full Tempered-Glass Side Panel

Top Bottom