Send a signal SOS

( Excuse me for bad english )

1. Open game, I'm flying with a load to the station
2. Here other commanders intercept me and only local forces can come to my aid.
3. I would like to be able to send an SOS signal throughout the sector. For other commanders in this system to see an inscription in blue (like the goal of a mission) indicating the signal.
4. I think that this will help to attract PVP players not only for the gank, but also for lawful patrolling and protection of other players.

Thank.

4. I think that this will help to attract PVP players not only for the gank, but also for lawful patrolling and protection of other players.
Well, that definitely will attract gankers only.

Edit: Yet another usage of this is to SOS intentionally. To attract the gankers. And wait them with couple of type-10. Nice suggestion! I approve it)

Well, that definitely will attract gankers only.

Edit: Yet another usage of this is to SOS intentionally. To attract the gankers. And wait them with couple of type-10. Nice suggestion! I approve it)
Well, firstly, the gankers have already intercepted me.

Secondly, people often intercept me and ask for a duel, and if I refuse, they fly away. I think if they patrol the sector they will most likely help.

It's just that I often see signals for help at the FSS, but for some reason people cannot send such a signal.

Again, if the gankers want to ambush, then such strong rivals are likely to respond to such help and it is not yet known who is who.

I think this makes sense, if only because distress calls exist in the game and so you should be able to send one yourself. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure you could in Elite 2 (although I can't remember if anything happened as a result).

The issue with these sort of mechanics, is that even if there are other players out there that could respond to the SOS, the likelihood of them reaching you before you die, would be small unless you are in a suitable ship. You mention carrying a load, so I would guess you are flying a cargo ship, that is optimized for max cargo with "minimal" shield generator, which would make you extremely vulnerable to builds designed to quickly kill weak ships...

Just time how long time the local security forces takes to arrive... they are in most cases not going to save you either if you are in a weak ship compared to the attacker.

Now to other issues... ambushes and fake distress calls... I interdict a friendly party, who now sends out the distress call, now my 3 wingmen joins, and the targets 3 wingmen joins and we wait for the white knights to come charging to help out, just to find themselves outnumbered by two groups of players...

The issue with these sort of mechanics, is that even if there are other players out there that could respond to the SOS, the likelihood of them reaching you before you die, would be small unless you are in a suitable ship. You mention carrying a load, so I would guess you are flying a cargo ship, that is optimized for max cargo with "minimal" shield generator, which would make you extremely vulnerable to builds designed to quickly kill weak ships...

Just time how long time the local security forces takes to arrive... they are in most cases not going to save you either if you are in a weak ship compared to the attacker.

Now to other issues... ambushes and fake distress calls... I interdict a friendly party, who now sends out the distress call, now my 3 wingmen joins, and the targets 3 wingmen joins and we wait for the white knights to come charging to help out, just to find themselves outnumbered by two groups of players...
1. Cargo can also be transported on Cutter
2. It was for an example, I basically carry out missions on BH and often come back and intercept me. But I’m not a PVP player and as a rule when I run out of ammunition and a shield I just run away, but this is usually a fairly long battle.
3. If a ganker intercepts someone and kills this is not a skill. But to beat the ganker and which on the PVP ship, and even from morning to evening it takes - this is true skill!

1. Cargo can also be transported on Cutter
2. It was for an example, I basically carry out missions on BH and often come back and intercept me. But I’m not a PVP player and as a rule when I run out of ammunition and a shield I just run away, but this is usually a fairly long battle.
3. If a ganker intercepts someone and kills this is not a skill. But to beat the ganker and which on the PVP ship, and even from morning to evening it takes - this is true skill!

So that is it then, you are "safe" in your cutter, and then ignore the rest? is that what you mean? because not everyone is flying around in Cutters when doing trading.... redo your scenario and pick a Type-9 instead... unless you have one of the magic class 5 shields on your cutter, the type 9 will hold ore cargo and be alot cheaper. How long would you survive now? there is no speed advantage, so no running away, no big shields to give you extra times...

Lets compare, Krait Mk II with Pacifiere/Fragement cannon, a good player killer...
Type 9 with class 5 prismatic and reactive surface hull, etc, would last 16+18 = 34 seconds against this ship and this is a beefed up cargo runner that designed to take a beating... and, skip the hull and put a standard class 5 shield and remove all of the G5 engineering, and you are lucky if you even lasts 15 seconds, stock hull and stock class 5 shields gives me less than 15 seconds of survival... And that is with 4 pips to shields...
Cargo capacity 752 T

Now how does my Cutter, optimized for Cargo, I have one of these magic class 5 prismatics, so I can do 752T with shields...
Shields will last for a 39 seconds,but once these are gone, the hull only last for 17 seconds. So you will be here 56 seconds. so probably long enough to jump away... but you will not outrun the Krait...

So lets recap,
Type 9, 34 seconds....
Cutter, 56 seconds...

Now even if relief manages to come to your assistance, do they manage to do ENOUGH damage to persuade me to break off? Do they have a fast enough ship to follow us? So how useful would this turn out in the end?

All of this assuming I am alone... if I fly in a wing... I will also get reinforcement.... within seconds... upping the damage potential...
Your relief,would need to be alerted if your SOS, they would target it, etc, costing valuable seconds... and then they need to locate your signal and get to it.... even more seconds fly by here... so assuming 10-20 seconds for the fastest responder would not be that far fetched to assume for this.

So the Cutter trader is the most likely one to have a chance to survive long enough to escape. the rest are not that lucky... so the usability for this suggestion is very limited with the current state of the offensive and defensive power... and I am not a the regular player, I have multiple tricked out max engineered ships... and my Type 9 does not make any sense whatsoever, since I have my Cutter... but I still built it, since not all of my friends have Cutters, or even the magical class 5 prismatics...

Ok.

1. Your reasoning is understandable but no one forces everyone to always use IT.
There is, for example, a docking computer, but not everyone flies with it.
2. When I use the FSS, I see signals for help from the NPC, why can the NPC do this and people don’t?

Top Bottom