World of Warships Vol. 2

Goose4291

Banned
I'm back from Friday night for a week, so up for a game or two.

Still need to pokemon-catch'em-all own the entire RN Fleet.

I havent played in over a year, so after what seemed like 100GB of updates I have a go at Rogue Wave tonight ... Found the battles quite frantic and very Apex like ... I seemed to die relatively quickly or last almost to the end, I was on the winning team once. Having the ships doing almost 50 knots makes things interesting .

You should have tried space battles, similar event but destroyers have done about 100 knots.

BTW this event is in worst WG fashion mixes up different tiers of ships. Many are at the top 3* tier, so if you've begun late, you are a cannon fodder.
This event was made to please binge players.

Thanks!
Ranked is fun, especially when the locked tier is a non-CV tier like this time. It goes 7 vs 7, so your impact in the match is much more felt.
Yes, that's what I'm afraid of. That my "impact" will be felt.
When I die in first five minutes of the normal match, I feel like an idiot. If I did it in ranked, I guess I would have to commute through sewage pipes.

When I die in first five minutes of the normal match, I feel like an idiot. If I did it in ranked, I guess I would have to commute through sewage pipes.

Well, you sank me quite quickly the first and only time we met online. :)
This is really a game that rewards practice, and by the way, most players aren't that good.

One more thing - try to test ships, the more the better.

See, I'm a BB main, but actually the ship I can impact matches the most is the humble Huanghe (premium, but recieved in a container). And it is not even considered as a good ship, it just simply rewards agressive playstyle and bang, 60.7% WR in 145 battles.

Yeah I did try most of the nations and trees.
I found out several things:
1) I really am not a BB player. I love battleships IRL and I would love to collect them in game, one day, but as far as the gameplay goes I don't feel them. I am not able to play more than one battle a day in BBs
2) I really like DD gameplay and I play a lot of them, but I suck hard. I've had some good games in IJN destroyers, but generally it's just for fun.
3) I am very much a cruiser driver by nature, apparently. I don't know why, but I seem to have the most successful games in them without even trying. Both my RN and US cruiser lines have over 50% win rate (RN cruisers are the only line where I reached tier 9 without becoming utterly disgusted :LOL: and I have almost 60% W/R in a Neptune, though naturally it's like 20 games, so far, so not significant), while DDs (IJN and RN) usually have around 40% but they are fun so I don't mind, but BBs? My best BB is a Colorado with a win rate of 20%. Yes, I lose over 80% of the games. Besically when I appear in game in a battleship, my team can start packing. So you understand that they really aren't that fun to play for me.
So yeah. I found my ideal ships. :)
RN cruisers. In Edinburgh and Neptune it was the first time I really felt I'm doing good. Positive K/D ratio, never had a sub 1k XP game, first time the top of the team, first 100k+ damage game,... all the good things started happening when I started with the RN cruisers.

Last edited:
This game really rewards practice.

Actually, my stats do look very bad with the Kagero as I took my chances with organic upgrading the ship. Now, that I have concealment expert and my detection range dropped below 6km, suddenly I got much better. Two days ago I not only finished the match as top XP earner (150+k damage, etc.), but got three compliment notifications.
I mentioned the Nagato as my favorite ship - it was my first T7 ship and I was almost scared to play it, it was one the rare occasions I free xp's my way to the B hull. After Fuso, the Nagato requires better aim and smarter positioning - it was intimidating, but now that is my favorite ship, has great WR and also I have the most matches with her.
The learning curve with the Yamato is even more brutal, it took a very long time to get familiar with the ship and also T10 opponents, especially cruisers are often formidable. But I am getting better, even though with both ships I went for a secondary build. Yamato's range is now 8.8km even though I'm yet to get the advanced firing training... with that I recon it will be 10.4km or so. :)

The bottom line is, that with many ships I have done badly before actually getting used to the ship traits - and getting all the kits and skills helps too. So if you like BBs, just play them time-to-time, Tier 3-5 matches for fun. You'll get better.

Of all ships now, my biggest challenge is the Dallas. The high-arc, low speed shells require a lot of lead and anticipation where the target is heading. But it offers opportunities too, so... it is all about the journey.

This game really rewards practice.

Actually, my stats do look very bad with the Kagero as I took my chances with organic upgrading the ship. Now, that I have concealment expert and my detection range dropped below 6km, suddenly I got much better. Two days ago I not only finished the match as top XP earner (150+k damage, etc.), but got three compliment notifications.
I mentioned the Nagato as my favorite ship - it was my first T7 ship and I was almost scared to play it, it was one the rare occasions I free xp's my way to the B hull. After Fuso, the Nagato requires better aim and smarter positioning - it was intimidating, but now that is my favorite ship, has great WR and also I have the most matches with her.
The learning curve with the Yamato is even more brutal, it took a very long time to get familiar with the ship and also T10 opponents, especially cruisers are often formidable. But I am getting better, even though with both ships I went for a secondary build. Yamato's range is now 8.8km even though I'm yet to get the advanced firing training... with that I recon it will be 10.4km or so. :)

The bottom line is, that with many ships I have done badly before actually getting used to the ship traits - and getting all the kits and skills helps too. So if you like BBs, just play them time-to-time, Tier 3-5 matches for fun. You'll get better.

Of all ships now, my biggest challenge is the Dallas. The high-arc, low speed shells require a lot of lead and anticipation where the target is heading. But it offers opportunities too, so... it is all about the journey.
Dallas is one of the lights, right? Yeah, as much as I enjoy Atlanta (I actually have most games in her overall, with 47% W/R (and 10% survived battles, lol)) I eventually opted for heavy USN line because I found out I like to keep distance.
Yeah, tier 5 is probably most fun and laid-back for me, too. I still have most of my tech trees around T5 or 6. As far as BBs go at least. The trouble is the positioning requirements of BBs are so strong that my games usually end up by either going somewhere where I die in five minutes with 20k damage, or I go somewhere where I'm totally useless and end up with even less. It's a magic circle of sorts - I don't practice in them because I'm bad, and I'm bad because I don't practice. :LOL:

Oh, and yes, T10 games are brutal. Now that I have the Neptune, 90% of my games are against T10s and it feels like there is bigger gap between T9 and T10 ships than there is between T5 and T9. It's sometimes really ridiculous. Especially meeting the high DPS ships like Worcester or Harugumo is unreal. It almost makes me want to grind for them, but then I realize how much would I suck at playing them. :LOL:

Eh. At least I'm playing again. :)

So I've broken my vow to not play on weekends. After 12 defeats in a row with more than half of them ending 0:10 within 10 minutes I'm ready for another break.
Sorry Neptune, see you in winter.

So I've broken my vow to not play on weekends. After 12 defeats in a row with more than half of them ending 0:10 within 10 minutes I'm ready for another break.

Yeah, that'll be cos Neptune is a slow piece of crap with paper thin armour and a citadel that is way high above the waterline. Best stick to playing in mobius with that one. ;)

Yeah, that'll be cos Neptune is a slow piece of crap with paper thin armour and a citadel that is way high above the waterline. Best stick to playing in mobius with that one. ;)
Careful buddy.
Neptune is my waifu. I love that ship to bits (and the whole RN cruiser line, to be honest)

The only problem with light cruisers is... you can't carry in them. When your team is doing alright, you can add a LOT of DPM into the mix. If you team are mashed potatoes, there's nothing you can do.
9 out of those 12 games I did over 100k damage, killed at least one ship and amassed about 20 caps and decaps. Always was in the thick of things, always ended up among last three ships and among top 3 in XP. I don't have a problem with survivability of the Neptune. If at least a couple of members of my team did half of what I did, it would be 12 easy wins. 👿

I don't know why, I also had bad series with a number of ships lately, and yes, nights with dozen matches lost in a row. Kagero, 36% WR, Prinz Eitel F. - same thing even though I actually played well that ship.

I have an idea - let's div up one evening, even tonight, and play a few matches together. :)

I don't know why, I also had bad series with a number of ships lately, and yes, nights with dozen matches lost in a row. Kagero, 36% WR, Prinz Eitel F. - same thing even though I actually played well that ship.

I have an idea - let's div up one evening, even tonight, and play a few matches together. :)

Even tho I dont play WoW anymore I follow several streamers on a regular basis. The 2 I like the most are Flambass and Flamuu respectively. Both are in Divisions but play the majority of their matches solo with randoms. And even tho I consider both exceptional player (skill through training more like....) they too sometimes go with extended series of losses due to bad teams. Sometimes they can carry, often enough they cant, sometimes they get blepped in the first minute but most of the time they play their best regardless the outcome...for me as a viewer its very satisfying to watch "athletes" who give their best and dont submit to rage when they lose.

Playing in a division doesnt guarantee a victory either but the gameplay dynamic always changes when you have people at your back you can rely on and know what they are doing. I think teaming up would be an excellent idea to avoid the AFKlers and people who dont give a damn. You ll still get em even when you team but at least you ll have one person you can trust. I always enjoyed my battle grounds and arena fights with friends more then with randoms

Crap. I should have checked the forum. Soo.. tonight? 10PM London time?

Even tho I dont play WoW anymore I follow several streamers on a regular basis. The 2 I like the most are Flambass and Flamuu respectively. Both are in Divisions but play the majority of their matches solo with randoms. And even tho I consider both exceptional player (skill through training more like....) they too sometimes go with extended series of losses due to bad teams. Sometimes they can carry, often enough they cant, sometimes they get blepped in the first minute but most of the time they play their best regardless the outcome...for me as a viewer its very satisfying to watch "athletes" who give their best and dont submit to rage when they lose.

Playing in a division doesnt guarantee a victory either but the gameplay dynamic always changes when you have people at your back you can rely on and know what they are doing. I think teaming up would be an excellent idea to avoid the AFKlers and people who dont give a damn. You ll still get em even when you team but at least you ll have one person you can trust. I always enjoyed my battle grounds and arena fights with friends more then with randoms
Yeah, watching Flambass and Flamu is great and has taught me a lot, though I knoy watch their Youtube videos. Flamu's ship reviews and guides are invaluable and I learned most things I know about playing cruisers from Flambass. :)

The one good thing about the Neptune is that you get the Mino afterwards. She's death by a thousand cuts and can spam torps from outside the edge of her detection range.

2.8 seconds reload on my Mino. lol

Last edited:
The one good thing about the Neptune is that you get the Mino afterwards. She's death by a thousand cuts and can spam torps from outside the edge of her detection range.

2.8 seconds reload on my Mino. lol
The only difference between the Minotaur and the Neptune afaik is one extra turret and a slightly longer range on the main guns (Which is unusable anyway).
On the other hand, Mino is much larger which I see as a disadvantage. So far I'm reluctant to invest in a Minotaur.

Top Bottom