Pharmaceutical Isolators

Is there any rule on when NPC Anacondas drop PIs? I have seen several drops, but only from ones in signal sources. Does anyone else notice this?

From my experience, any pirate Anaconda, Federal Corvette or Type-10 will drop 0 to 3 G5 materials. Rank doesn't seem to matter, high ranked ships often drop zero and I have seen G5 drops from a master ranked ship.

This can be a pretty wide range of mats so if you're looking for something specific (like pharmaceutical isolators) killing ships is a pretty slow and unreliable way to get it.

I've found at least 8 of them in the last 24 hours in HGE points. Either it's always been OK, things have had a stealth change or or i'm the luckiest SoaB alive.

FD's idea of game play; making things that were scarce (but found in specific locales) become a random search/discovery that forces you to use the mats trader.

That's why I have a handful of ships, all older (no Kraits, Chieftains, Challengers, Crusaders, Mambas). I refuse to participate in engineering, I have the stuff I need.

Will collect G5 mats found in the course of my travel routine, just to stockpile in the chance a VERY compelling reason to use them comes to pass.

My sympathies to those engineering under current conditions.

Just got some from Annies in a Haz Res, so this is definitely possible, too.
Must have killed about 8 Annies, two of which dropped a PI, one dropped an EFC. The rest was G4 or lower.

Also the system faction and state might also dictate what type of g5 mat gets dropped as well. As I have picked up a couple recently from Annie's that are no more :) or just get a whole bunch of chemical manipulators and trade up :) good luck.

Pharmaceutical isolators are a PITA, especially around Colonia. :(

I know what I am talking about. I need seven PIs now...

I promise you the best way to get these is to go to Imperial central space around their capital system and pick up imperial shielding by the absolute bucketload, then go trade.

You can always try the correct method which is finding HGEs in Outbreak aflicted systems, but it's extremely hit n miss even if you find an hge in the right state, it is rare that it will contain pharmaceutical isolators. The criteria you want in order to give you a decent chance, is simply an independent OR alliance system (to avoid pollution by superpower specific mats), that has at least one faction in a state of outbreak. Scan the nav beacon, check for HGEs, and check them all even if they are not in a state of 'outbreak'! The label on the USS seems to have little effect on the state the mats you find SHOULD relate to. For example, even in a 'none' state uss, if there's an outbreak faction in the system, you might get pharma isos. That's it.

PERsaonlly, I use the imp shielding method, FD will surely fix this soon, it's so crap.

I promise you the best way to get these is to go to Imperial central space around their capital system and pick up imperial shielding by the absolute bucketload, then go trade.

You can always try the correct method which is finding HGEs in Outbreak aflicted systems, but it's extremely hit n miss even if you find an hge in the right state, it is rare that it will contain pharmaceutical isolators. The criteria you want in order to give you a decent chance, is simply an independent OR alliance system (to avoid pollution by superpower specific mats), that has at least one faction in a state of outbreak. Scan the nav beacon, check for HGEs, and check them all even if they are not in a state of 'outbreak'! The label on the USS seems to have little effect on the state the mats you find SHOULD relate to. For example, even in a 'none' state uss, if there's an outbreak faction in the system, you might get pharma isos. That's it.

PERsaonlly, I use the imp shielding method, FD will surely fix this soon, it's so crap.
I have been aware that's the most efficient, but fragging condas is much more interesting...

I found two outbreak HGEs in Colonia (Valac), and topped off on PIs. Valac is in outbreak, but it takes a little effort because the population is low. Valac is also full of HazRez very near the main star. I've been flying back and forth between Metztli (a system in war that's also dropping decent HGEs),.

Lucky man. I was there and I found only one HGE which gave me 4x Proto Heat Radiators :(

Top Bottom