Thargoid Bobblehead from Human Brokers

It's not too much. Certainly less grindy than, say, some Guardian stuff that requires data. You need one Thargoid Heart and 10 Meta-alloys. Both are commodities.

For thargoid heart, go and kill any interceptor (big thargoid). The easiest one is Cyclops, located in Threat 5 NHSS. The best place to look for these is Pleiades. I've hunted in Maia. You'll need AX ship build - for these, consult with AXI guys. Note that the heart is corrosive, so get corrosion-resistant rack first.
For MAs, see my previous post in this thread.
Then go to any human tech broker and unlock it.

Darnielles? where is that again?

So tell us - how was the grind - was it .... real? ;)
He lost his shields and his hull is at 45%.

Edit: And he lost the heart. 2nd time.
[grind itensifies]
The way you tell the story is worse then the way I tell the story @Midian Cabal 😂

But from the beginning:
I transfered my PvP Corvette to Diaguandri to refit it. Put on some shard cannons, to instagib with premium ammo.
Went to Malthus, found USS thread 5.
Didn't work out, couldn't do enough damage.
Then I took my Conda to somewhere else 260 LY away, to get 4 gauss cannons.
Returned to Malthus, fitted the Gauss on the Corvette.
Made a video of my first crap fight. Seriously, I made some more fights later, they were much better. I used SLFs, killed the swarm, had a better loadout...
Fumbled the heart retrieval, it exploded as soon as I hit it with my cargo scoop. What the hell?!
Nevermind, did another run, this time much better, got the heart. Went to Maia to Darnielles, got 4 Meta Alloys.
Waited 20 minutes to get another two batches. Returned to Maltus, switched to Conda (both ships had a c4 CRCR because I'm good with planning^^)
Went to the next tech broker 260 LY away, traded in the stuff, got the bobblehead.
Ende? Fin? The end?

Nooo, then I went back and switched to Vette again, to get @Midian Cabal another heart.
Killed the bug, returned to Malthus, outside the port I abandoned the heart for Midian.
NPC com from search and rescue " I'm gonna pick up that cargo". The SAR had limpets, Midian not.
Much hilarity, much laughter. And a bit of manly tears, too.
Ok, final interceptor for today, got the kill, waited for the cloud to dissolve, midian dropped in, got the heart.

Happy End. It was an awesome gameplay session, with much laughter and much excitement. 😂

Last edited:
The way you tell the story is worse then the way I tell the story @Midian Cabal 😂

But from the beginning:
I transfered my PvP Corvette to Diaguandri to refit it. Put on some shard cannons, to instagib with premium ammo.
Made a video of my first crap fight. Seriously, I made some more fights later, they were much better. I used SLFs, killed the swarm, had a better loadout...
Fumbled the heart retrieval, it exploded as soon as I hit it with my cargo scoop. What the hell?!
Nevermind, did another run, this time much better, got the heart. Went to Maia to Darnielles, got 4 Meta Alloys.
Waited 20 minutes to get another two batches. Returned to Maltus, switched to Conda (both ships had a c4 CRCR because I'm good with planning^^)
Went to the next tech broker 260 LY away, traded in the stuff, got the bobblehead.
Ende? Fin? The end?

Nooo, then I went back and switched to Vette again, to get @Midian Cabal another heart.
Killed the bug, returned to Malthus, outside the port I abandoned the heart for Midian.
NPC com from search and rescue " I'm gonna pick up that cargo". The SAR had limpets, Midian not.
Ok, final interceptor for today, got the kill, waited for the cloud to dissolve, midian dropped in, got the heart.

Happy End. It was an awesome gameplay session, with much laughter and much excitement. 😂
I can only say: see you on Sunday. 🤬

But from the beginning:
Went to Malthus, found USS thread 5.
Ende? Fin? The end?

Ugh - so Mr Y was right - grind after grind after grind. Damn you fdev!

:D

Deleted member 182079

D
This wasn't so bad... ok it took me two cyclops kills as the first time I cooked my ship in order to get rid of the caustic damage... bad idea as this melted the cargo hatch, and I dropped the heart just as I was spooling up the FSD. Second try no problem.

The 4 units in Darnielle's Progress are still working, so that's about 20 mins work waiting time and you're good to go.

As for the bobblehead... it's alright. Had fun obtaining it though, so more of this please, FDev.

is the bobble head limited time ? I have someone offering it to me as i am not qualified to get a heart myself yet . but about a week and ill be able to do it myself .I will only accept it for free if it is limited time and I may miss it

Does the bobblehead glow or any lighting?

On its own, no.
If you get a light scource from outside of the canopy pointed at it correctly/put it near a flashy bit of dashboard, yes.
If you are fighting an interceptor, and the stars allign correctly, it can give you quite a shock. I thought the Cyclops jumped from 5km behind me to right in front of me, all ready yellow with the taser death beam incoming any second...
Gave me a shock then a laugh!

o7

Top Bottom