Someone at Netflix has been playing a bit of Elite...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
...Because I've just stumbled across a show, titled "Another life", And within the first episode there are quite a few similarities to certain aspects of the game tbh. And i don't mean the fact its set in space lol.. They even got an SRV to mine in, which they do by the way lol They even grind.. Lol They even use a modular system, f't'l drive, with other modules onboard the ship.
o7
(Give it a watch, if anything, it will get you in the mood to play at least )

Last edited:
"Also Another life is monumentally bad" is the most PC way of putting it. Its so bad its untrue. Cliche ridden, poor FX, poor acting, poor script- Netflix must have been desperate or sky high on something to have commissioned it. With the 4th season of the Expanse coming, Netflix flung a giant egg all over itself with Another life.

For one awkward moment I thought Earth Final Conflict, Andromeda and early SG1 had some sort of shrivelled lovechild.

The amazing thing is that I recently came across an article that called it one of the best new shows on television. Somebody took a bag of cash for that review.

Honestly, with the exception of Stranger Things, I found most of NetFlix's original content to be almost unwatchable. No wonder why they are losing audience share....

The amazing thing is that I recently came across an article that called it one of the best new shows on television. Somebody took a bag of cash for that review.

Honestly, with the exception of Stranger Things, I found most of NetFlix's original content to be almost unwatchable. No wonder why they are losing audience share....

Really? Either cash or a giant pouch of funny powder.

Way off topic, but I find a lot of their original stuff to be quite good; it just has to be the right genre.

That being said I have just read a review of it and at first it sounded hilariously bad until it fell into just millennial awful.

Still, its not a bad watch
o7

Not a bad watch? This is the problem with Netflix, they are pumping out low quality garbage and people are getting used to the mediocrity and forgetting what good shows are actually like. No offense but Another life is absolute garbage like most of the original Netflix shows.

Not a bad watch? This is the problem with Netflix, they are pumping out low quality garbage and people are getting used to the mediocrity and forgetting what good shows are actually like. No offense but Another life is absolute garbage like most of the original Netflix shows.

Compared to what? What are the "good shows" of yore, because most Sci-Fi TV is absolutely terrible and always has been.

I saw it starred Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck BSG) and figured I'd give it a shot.

I struggled through a couple of episodes and gave up, it's just a ripoff of Alien, Predator, Contact et al

I have to agree with the majority here. I watched the trailer and thought it looked kind of good but was proven very wrong.
The worst thing for me is that the crew does not seem to belong on a space ship to begin with. None of them are stable, mature professionals. Is this really the best crew they could send on the most important mission in human history?

"altered carbon" wasn't too bad. and "stranger things" has some amusing moments too.

some of netflix's stuff is good enough to watch while having supper alone and if you're out of other things to watch, then forget about it. last i watched was "3%", which at times is really awful but has interesting moments and it was fun watching a show in portugese for a change, and some cool brazilian music.

consider also that this crap is free to watch since you can torrent it right away (before some ip zealot calls out blasphemy, that's fully legal where i live). how people actually pay for this is beyond me.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom