Someone at Netflix has been playing a bit of Elite...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, I watched most of the first episode. I came to the opinion it was bad enough not to potentially waste my time watching further episodes just to see if it improved. First impressions etc.
Im on episode 3 and this would have made a truly great comedy, but if the writers would have had a sense of humor, i suppose they wouldnt have created such shallow, ugly, cartoonish, characters.

Garbage show that's polluting my "continue watching" list.
Also, that actress bugs me. She bothered me in BSG, she was annoying in Longmire, I cannot watch her in this series.

Last edited:
"Also Another life is monumentally bad" is the most PC way of putting it. Its so bad its untrue. Cliche ridden, poor FX, poor acting, poor script- Netflix must have been desperate or sky high on something to have commissioned it. With the 4th season of the Expanse coming, Netflix flung a giant egg all over itself with Another life.

For one awkward moment I thought Earth Final Conflict, Andromeda and early SG1 had some sort of shrivelled lovechild.
I liked early SG1. Every week the team took a nice walk in the park while the colonel made bad jokes. It was relaxing.

His eyebrow and 'indeed' made any situation cool.
Already been done!

Yeah, well I'm onto episode 7 and although I agree with most of your points. I've come to the realization that although it could have been so much better...the fact that Its so bad, idk, its kinda good.. Sorry. I cant help it lol. (preparing for the "slegging")
My internets been playing up so I've had to go through my plebian playlist to keep me occupied.. If any of you guys can recommended some good watching/reading? I'd be much obliged lol
Ajay
o7
Ps: Yes the nervous system "escaping" was a bit daft, but it was kinda cool.. In a silly kinda way..
Llap

Last edited:
Agreed. Space: 1999 was good too. Series 1, definitely not series 2.

I thought so too when it was first broadcast, but have been watching some of the reruns on ForcesTV and can't believe how bad it really was.
Maybe back then there was nothing else to compare it with but now it is embarrasingly awful.

Space 1999 is "of its time". Are you sure it wasn't the dreadful series 2 you were watching? The ones with Maya the shapeshifter.

Yeah, well I'm onto episode 7 and although I agree with most of your points. I've come to the realization that although it could have been so much better...the fact that Its so bad, idk, its kinda good.. Sorry. I cant help it lol. (preparing for the "slegging")
Yeah im continuing to watch it too. Sci Fi is like coffee, even mediocre is better than none.

Space 1999 is "of its time". Are you sure it wasn't the dreadful series 2 you were watching? The ones with Maya the shapeshifter.

Agreed, series 2 was even worse ( hardly seems possible :rolleyes: ) it looks as though they changed the shows direction in an attempt to hook the younger viewer.

Yeah im continuing to watch it too. Sci Fi is like coffee, even mediocre is better than none.

I love coffee but a stale, cold, three days old cuppa? naaah.
I don't even considering it being Sci Fi, more like a teens drama in space.
Sorry.
If you like it though then by all means do as you please, no one can dictate to you what to like or not.

I liked that spinal cord scene... It was clearly a nod to Alien, but instead of being a genetically engineered lethal space monster it just died... an evolutionary dead end. LoL

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom