The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
According to a very strongly worded rage post (which I cannot link because of it) from one of the more fervent believers (you guys here are all so weak-sauce :D) Star Citizen utilizes a polynomial quantum drive calculator attuned for each drive system which CIG had to invent and build first. First time I m hearing about something like this.

Apart from the individual words I have absolutely no idea what the combination of them mean. Can any SC-pro explain the idea or just say its a pocket calculator?

I believe that person is not right in the head.

regardless if his message has merrit or truth to it, the way in which he delivers it simply takes him out of the equation.

snip

I d still like to know what a "polynomial quantum drive calculator" is or what he "thinks" it is. Right now I think its a fancy word for "calculator".

He seems nice. :confused:

And amusing redactions!

I d still like to know what a "polynomial quantum drive calculator" is or what he "thinks" it is. Right now I think its a fancy word for "calculator".
You know, I was curious about that too. I know what polynomial calculations are, but what's a quantum drive? Let's see, Googling "Star Citizen quantum drive" returned this...
"The Quantum Drive is an engine type based on the manipulation of the quantum medium" Yeah, I stopped reading there.
Is that official?

The dude(tte?) seems to be confused which game he/she's talking about.
I reckon E: D's Stellar Forge was already functioning back in 2012.

More to the point, none of the things they use as examples of how CIG is schooling the rest of the industry are even close to the reality of the current state of SC. But then you read the last paragraph and realise, oh, they're one of those people, and suddenly it all makes sense.

"The Quantum Drive is an engine type based on the manipulation of the quantum medium" Yeah, I stopped reading there.
Is that official?
CRobber “took physics” at University of Manchester, and came out of it not being familiar with or understanding momentum (which you learn about in secondary school), so yes very probably.

I wonder if the UMan PR people know about this claim and have tried to do anything to remove the stain…

e: Of course, it's all based on some 6 year old incoherent gargling noises that have universally been abandoned or disproven by now, so maybe the answer should be “yes very probably but very probably no” to really CIG it up to the proper levels.

Last edited:
CRobber “took physics” at University of Manchester, and came out of it not being familiar with or understanding momentum (which you learn about in secondary school), so yes very probably.

I wonder if the UMan PR people know about this claim and have tried to do anything to remove the stain…

e: Of course, it's all based on some 6 year old incoherent gargling noises that have universally been abandoned or disproven by now, so maybe the answer should be “yes very probably but very probably no” to really CIG it up to the proper levels.
"Slowing down is caused by the pilot telling his IFCS that he wants to be traveling at a lower speed. The IFCS then communicates with the ships thrusters to adjust the ship's velocity accordingly."

And thus the throttle was invented.

I will attempt to explain the "polynomial quantum drive calculator" in a way that is understandable by everyone.
Polynomial = mathematical formula.
Quantum Drive = in ga... alpha gizmo for FTL travel.
Calculator = spreadsheet*

With the formula being =sum((how long Chris wants travel to be)+(server response time))*handwavium count

* with it being CIG, they probably started with a jpeg of a sheet of paper and a pencil.

regardless if his message has merrit or truth to it, the way in which he delivers it simply takes him out of the equation.

I thought his 2nd post was even worse than this one.

Polyfiller qualified drive differential engine does what it says on the tin, it covers over the cracks using quantum field physical mechanics. Its all self explanatory guys.

Thank god my 100 bucks is safe. Last time I played (some time / e=mc2 - M/E x c2 ago) I fell out of my freelancer, wonder if I'll find it again?

Its been suggested that the most radical backers do not actually play the game. They are too busy playing the game in their head... just like Chris Roberts :p

Remember when the Sandwurmie first appeared and there were absolute torrents of "gameplay possibilities" involving those distant sandstorms, the outlaw bikers, the crashed jpegs, the procedural mission backplane that would take you there, all those hundreds of hours of content in just one system in an AAAAAA^A^A game that had a hundred such systems? And thousands of players all interacting at the same time?

Well - instead we have Star Citizen :D

Remember when the Sandwurmie first appeared and there were absolute torrents of "gameplay possibilities" involving those distant sandstorms, the outlaw bikers, the crashed jpegs, the procedural mission backplane that would take you there, all those hundreds of hours of content in just one system in an AAAAAA^A^A game that had a hundred such systems? And thousands of players all interacting at the same time?

Well - instead we have Star Citizen :D
Pipelines dude! Pipelines!

Kids and their illegal activities, will they ever learn....

Bounty Hunter sovapid-fett

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co2Vz-hTAeA

I understand you enjoy the PvP aspect, but come on, do we really need to see every few days another PvP battle? Its not very interesting and rather repetitive.

Much better to have the repetitive circle thingy we do :D

Perhaps you can do a deliver the box mission instead, see if you can actually complete it without something horrible happening.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom