Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Hot Off The Press (17th to 25th August 3305)

Only question I have at this moment is: Will you accept video evidence?
By all means record your run. Ideally you would then grab the relevant screenshots from that video, post them to an imgur album and submit the link to that. But, if you really really want to upload the whole video and make me do all the hard work then yeah, that's OK I guess - just post the url of the video where the form asks for an image album link. Hopefully it won't negatively affect the adjudicator's attitude towards your "job application". ;)

Are you allowing the usual thing of listing unranked slower runs in slower second ship?

I'm kind of feeling the need to both "do it properly" and also look for a nice way to exploit loopholes for a fast time. ;)

Are you allowing the usual thing of listing unranked slower runs in slower second ship?

I'm kind of feeling the need to both "do it properly" and also look for a nice way to exploit loopholes for a fast time. ;)
Not sure what "do it properly" really means here (I guess it'll become apparent when I see what "rule bender" Bruski has planned :LOL:) but sure, I can retain each unique commander / ship type entry on the scoreboard.

Already has some very ahem "interesting" requests on what sort of things will be permitted.

tenor.gif

Would a self-destruct fulfill the requirements of "a ship exploding"? Asking for a friend. :whistle:
Theoretically, I don't see why not. In practice, capturing a screen shot which includes a visible HUD clock (and not a fireball where your clock used to be) might be tricky! (and a screenshot of just before the ship explodes wouldn't be of a ship exploding). Sounds like your "friend" might need to do some testing of this first!

ATTENTION: I've added some more stuff to "clarifications" re: the Thargoid objective and the FAQ has been updated since I first wrote it so probably worth a re-read. From now on, if I change anything in the OP I'll let people know here in the ongoing thread as well.

I've ruled out capital ships from the shipwreck category. While it's entirely my intention that it should be possible to satisfy multiple categories at the same location, it's not the intention that any two categories should be the same thing.

By all means record your run. Ideally you would then grab the relevant screenshots from that video, post them to an imgur album and submit the link to that. But, if you really really want to upload the whole video and make me do all the hard work then yeah, that's OK I guess - just post the url of the video where the form asks for an image album link. Hopefully it won't negatively affect the adjudicator's attitude towards your "job application". ;)

Don't worry. After careful consideration about the rules of this race, the amount of uninterrupted time I'm likely to have to play the game at all this week, a desire to at least play a few hours of NMS in VR on my day off on Tuesday, the fact that Beth Johanson still only has an unmodified Hauler, and realization that I'll have much more fun doing my research in-game than relying on 3rd party sites and other out-of-game resources, I've decided that I'm not going to try for time trials this race.

Instead, I'm going to try to catch them all by the end of the race!!! ;)

And so... Intent to finish in last place by a longshot!

Commander: Beth Johanson
Ship: Haulin' Arx (PRESS edition)

Don't worry. After careful consideration about the rules of this race, the amount of uninterrupted time I'm likely to have to play the game at all this week, a desire to at least play a few hours of NMS in VR on my day off on Tuesday, the fact that Beth Johanson still only has an unmodified Hauler, and realization that I'll have much more fun doing my research in-game than relying on 3rd party sites and other out-of-game resources, I've decided that I'm not going to try for time trials this race.

Instead, I'm going to try to catch them all by the end of the race!!! ;)

And so... Intent to finish in last place by a longshot!

Commander: Beth Johanson
Ship: Haulin' Arx (PRESS edition)
@Alec Turner this is the kind of thing that I mean by doing it probably.

I could tick off a few of my ED bucket list items in this one, but certainly wouldn't be near the best time doing it. :)

On the other hand, I'd still like a fairly fast time, decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
Top Bottom