Please, Please, Please. Buff CQC Experience and Credits.

Smart thing would be to implement a CQC Queueing system within the main game like many MMORPGs I play have for PVP. You sign up, carry on playing, and then when a match is ready, it shifts you to the CQC lobby.

No no no no... That makes too much sense, your doing it wrong.

Experience and rank progression is fine. It requires some effort to get Elite rank in CQC (it took me 3 months to get mine, usually it takes people about 6 months). All Elite ranks should be like that, but instead you get Trade Elite in a day and Exploration Elite in a week these days. Combat Elite probably doesn't take that long with Thargoid scouts to farm easily these days either.

CR for playing CQC on the other hand is very low. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit higher. I've earned total 65 mln CR for 8 weeks in CQC.

I can understand not wanting rank buff since it would devalue how you got your rank, but damn i've made a conscious effort to play, more (and i'm not terrible) i've only been able to move that needle like 4% in a couple of weeks. But to your point, it's way off compared to the other ranks and it just makes me think this is just a forgotten game mode.

I still think a triple xp weekend would be nice to herd players into a time slot to play. Maybe put a void opal ring in the system for when it's unlocked, tweak numbers, etc. IDK has a dev ever come forward to mention if they even consider any of these things?

I don't think CQC should pay anything in Cr. You should not be able to get Cr without risking anything in the actual game. Or am I off target here?

They offered real prize money and nobody showed. They organized a trophy event and there was less interest than a US 10 year bond yield. it's dead. Move on.
I don't think CQC should pay anything in Cr. You should not be able to get Cr without risking anything in the actual game. Or am I off target here?

You may be off target there. You can start at the beginning of the game with unlimited sidewinders (no risk) and still make more than you do in CQC. I think the risk factor in ED in it's current state is negligible (and i'm saying this as an open only void opal runner.) My personal opinion is if you put the time in for the grind you should get some reward. Currently that reward is at a snails pace as implemented. A buff would at least reward the people that want access to the system or rank. In it's current state getting to level 50 is probably difficult for people who are not good at it and just end up not playing because they feel they are going no where.

Hurt ego?
Wat?
But seriously 65 mln CR for 8 weeks in CQC and 60k kills is a bit low reward.
disagree, there's zero risk to any assets.
One mining evening with NO risk whatsoever gives more CR.
Pirates and poor flying skills (for any reason) risks assets.
FDevs haven't even added decals for Quad Elite players.. no paint job for that either. It would be nice gesture from them for those hardcore players that actually make effort to get all 4 Elite ranks. But there is nothing there.
That should get fixed.

I can understand not wanting rank buff since it would devalue how you got your rank, but damn i've made a conscious effort to play, more (and i'm not terrible) i've only been able to move that needle like 4% in a couple of weeks. But to your point, it's way off compared to the other ranks and it just makes me think this is just a forgotten game mode.

Let's be honest here, I don't see you in CQC much. I'm in the Arena for quite a bit every day so I know who plays regularly and who do not. You are just not playing often enough to make better progress like other people are currently doing.

To be frank one guy - Leo Sagan - an explorer, solo - private group player, a worst carebear imaginable got his CQC Elite rank after 6 months of playing CQC. He came to this PvP environment and just bloody did it! So sorry to say it but voices saying CQC rank is too hard to get or takes too much time or that they can't find a game on PC.. are in my view invalid.

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
I'd like to see a choice of prizes, just as for missions you can pick. So Materials, credits (oh and yes there needs to be more of them) or a mix of both.

Let's be honest here, I don't see you in CQC much. I'm in the Arena for quite a bit every day so I know who plays regularly and who do not. You are just not playing often enough to make better progress like other people are currently doing.

To be frank one guy - Leo Sagan - an explorer, solo - private group player, a worst carebear imaginable got his CQC Elite rank after 6 months of playing CQC. He came to this PvP environment and just bloody did it! So sorry to say it but voices saying CQC rank is too hard to get or takes too much time or that they can't find a game on PC.. are in my view invalid.

Well that's your view. But in relation to the other Careers it is by far the lowest paid and the hardest to acquire by a large pay/time gap. Regardless of how often you seen me; those are facts.

Last edited:
CQC wasn't even the first way to get Cr without risk.

• Way back in 1.0 you could in certain BGS-related circumstances make a profit without leaving the station by buying cargo before the BGS tick and selling it after the tick when the state has changed. State-related price effects have increased significantly since, so you could even make a few thousand Cr/tonne this way in the right circumstances.
  • Sitting in a wing at a station taking trade shares as your wingmates docked and launched - in exchange for being a wing beacon to significantly shorten supercruise - paid way better than CQC was going to even back in 1.2.
  • Powerplay in 1.3 onwards you can get 1000 Cr a week for nothing. Not much, but it's there.
  • Nowadays of course with Wing missions you can get 50 million a time for just sitting in a station if your wing-mates want to give you some money.

I don't object to the principle you're setting out - but it having been broken in so many other places in the game, I don't see why it should be enforced solely for CQC. It's not unreasonable, I think, that six months of playing CQC should at least pay comparably to a single day of mining, say.

Pirates and poor flying skills (for any reason) risks assets.
In theory, yes.

In practice an experienced player with a decent ship build has about as much of chance of losing assets while mining as they do of accidentally misclicking several times and resetting their account while trying to join a CQC match.

Why everything should be related to risk. Especially in CQC which i see it as a shooter.
Go in, get some frags or get fragged, have fun.

Adding some sort of meaningful reward and a system of ingame queuing would be a nice incentive for people to join in

CQC wasn't even the first way to get Cr without risk.

• Way back in 1.0 you could in certain BGS-related circumstances make a profit without leaving the station by buying cargo before the BGS tick and selling it after the tick when the state has changed. State-related price effects have increased significantly since, so you could even make a few thousand Cr/tonne this way in the right circumstances.
  • Sitting in a wing at a station taking trade shares as your wingmates docked and launched - in exchange for being a wing beacon to significantly shorten supercruise - paid way better than CQC was going to even back in 1.2.
  • Powerplay in 1.3 onwards you can get 1000 Cr a week for nothing. Not much, but it's there.
  • Nowadays of course with Wing missions you can get 50 million a time for just sitting in a station if your wing-mates want to give you some money.
I don't object to the principle you're setting out - but it having been broken in so many other places in the game, I don't see why it should be enforced solely for CQC. It's not unreasonable, I think, that six months of playing CQC should at least pay comparably to a single day of mining, say.

In theory, yes.

In practice an experienced player with a decent ship build has about as much of chance of losing assets while mining as they do of accidentally misclicking several times and resetting their account while trying to join a CQC match.
All of those require the to be in the ED game. CQC isn't in the same game, you cannot find it in the actual ED galaxy, it's a mini-game.

Some aren't aware you can sell raw materials at stations and make a small profit. You can synth limpets and sell while sitting on the pad. It's not very profitable, but you could in theory (I think) trade higher grade mats for lower grade ones, synth limpets and sell them. So in effect you are selling raw materials. I believe that is the case, it used to be. Even so you have to be in the ED galaxy where the ED background sim affects you.

I don't think that, because the game contains exploits that even more exploits are ok and I am not considering Cr from CQC to be an exploit. I just think it's not really even Elite Dangerous, and the only link to it is that progress bar on your interface that I wish would go away.

I don't care about the credits. I just don't think factors in world X should be affected by factors in world Y when the two worlds do not meet. If there was an arena you had to travel to in order to take your SLF out for a CQC event, that would be different. Then the winnings would be part of the game itself.

Why everything should be related to risk. Especially in CQC which i see it as a shooter.
Go in, get some frags or get fragged, have fun.

Adding some sort of meaningful reward and a system of ingame queuing would be a nice incentive for people to join in
There doesn't need to be a risk. I don't think it should have any rewards that affect the ED galaxy though. No cross contamination.

Don't tell anyone but when I've played CQC it's been quite fun - especially via discord or multi live stream.

But Shhhhh I'll tell you what is wrong with it..

1) Not part of the core game
2) Balance between new player toys and many hours invested toys
3) Payouts are simply not worth any player's time
4) Due to the above there is no-one to play with!

Top Bottom