F D doesn't favour its own forum?

The announcement about a competition for screenshots specifically excludes making submissions via their own forum. Instead, we have to utilize (anti-)social media - facialblock, twotteringism and instematicagramme. - really F D?

The announcement about a competition for screenshots specifically excludes making submissions via their own forum. Instead, we have to utilize (anti-)social media - facialblock, twotteringism and instematicagramme. - really F D?

That is a simple NO GO

This forum ain’t what it used to be.
That's true :(

FD I don't 'do' any of your preferred platforms, way too old, uncool and face to face for that (oh, and privacy)

I get that you want your advertising, that's fine, but not including the forums is poor.
I'd be fine with you posting any of my shots under your own account.

Deleted member 38366

D
It's a nasty trend I'm afraid.

Even when listening to daily FM Radio channels, I frequently hear "contact us via WhatsApp or Twitter and tell us your Opinion" and crap like that.
But then, when I look at the amount of SmartPhone Zombies in the streets... I guess that's where the (Data harvesting) river flows with the youngsters these days :p

PS.
Seriously, some of those SmartPhone addicts need a TCAS App or something.
Something that warns them "Hey look up! You're about to bump into a street light" or "Caution, you're about to cross a street!" lol

Last edited by a moderator:

‘Tis a silly place :p

no new customer will come from a dedicated forum. or ... you really didn't believe for a second 'screenshot competitions' exist because screenshots are cool and nice?

remember, if you're not paying, you're the product.

it makes financial and marketing sense, plus those media are far more suited to promote 'news flash' and short memory audience. and yes, that 'anti-social social crap' will replace all forums eventually across the board. i'm already starting to see it happening. eg, gamelabs, one of my pet devs, just shut down their working forum for 'this land is my land' even before game release and directed users to steam forums, discord and twitter. it's far cheaper for them, much less problematic and is the best way to expand. and i've thrown quite some money at them but that's just not going to happen ...

This topic...
giphy.gif

it makes financial and marketing sense, plus those media are far more suited to promote 'news flash' and short memory audience. and yes, that 'anti-social social crap' will replace all forums eventually across the board. i'm already starting to see it happening. eg, gamelabs, one of my pet devs, just shut down their working forum for 'this land is my land' even before game release and directed users to steam forums, discord and twitter. it's far cheaper for them, much less problematic and is the best way to expand. and i've thrown quite some money at them but that's just not going to happen ...

That is just a team saving money by outsourcing it to third-party forums. NMS does the same, has nothing to do with social media.

Deleted member 38366

D
That is just a team saving money by outsourcing it to third-party forums. NMS does the same, has nothing to do with social media.

Doubt that... Every visit means clicks and Ad Revenue - and Data Harvesting + associated Data Linking and Data sales.
With enough participants (and there's always an Ad deal between the (a)social platforms and Companies using them), alot of profit can be made by both the Data harvesting platform, Ads and the Company utilizing it (content).

Basically it's a disguised honey trap, nothing more (similar to "Subscribe to this Channel blah blah"), just far more hideous and sneaky.
Only people aware of the background machinations working those platforms (and who benefits from them) will realize that, however. And that's a minority, especially with the younger population which is often blissfully unaware of the consequences.

I guess holding the competition on the forums is preaching to the converted, the idea is to heighten the games profile by holding it across the big social media platforms. A good idea, but could probably work on retaining the player base too, don't think any screenshots of the right panel material/data inventory will be winning the competition as a selling point of the game.

lioned.jpg

Top Bottom