F D doesn't favour its own forum?

probably. but when you have enough "just a team"s doing that you got a tendency. will see.

Sure, but even if everyone does it that still has nothing to do with social media. They still want forums, they just dont want to pay for it. Its a different problem.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hey guys!

As we communicate with the community across so many platforms, we tend to run different competitions on each one. For this competition we're running it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as these are far better suited to sharing imagery, and we have competitions planned for the forums which will come up within the next few months! Keep a look out for these.

Sure, but even if everyone does it that still has nothing to do with social media. They still want forums, they just dont want to pay for it. Its a different problem.

there may be other reasons. this game is actually from a different game dev team, and it already shared a forum with their two other games, which is still maintained and doing well. no idea what's happening there, this could be politically motivated or be just in-group adjustments.

but they strongly favor discord, too. or the users do? their channel isn't precisely thriving, but has currently more traffic than their steam forum. they do keep the forum updated with official news, though.

maybe i'm too paranoid here, but i expect a trend toward more short attention span and wide reaching platforms becoming the norm.

Hey guys!

As we communicate with the community across so many platforms, we tend to run different competitions on each one. For this competition we're running it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as these are far better suited to sharing imagery, and we have competitions planned for the forums which will come up within the next few months! Keep a look out for these.
aside all those comments, we are not lost all by us alone

thx for the info Paige

Hey guys!

Fair enough, but why not also allow submissions via a Forum thread in addition to those others? Just basically excluding those of us who eschew those media.

Fair enough, but why not also allow submissions via a Forum thread in addition to those others? Just basically excluding those of us who eschew those media.
This.

I wouldn't touch those social media platforms with a bargepole. Unfortunately this seems to be a trend everywhere, with (anti)social media becoming the preferred method of contact with a company.
Personally, all that it does for me is make it less likely that I will have any dealings with that company. I understand that companies want to use (anti)social media, but when that become exclusive then there is a problem. After all, no company would say the ONLY way to contact them was if you used a Vodaphone (other phone companies are available) sim card, and yet that feels like the way it is going.

Well they LOVE their Planet Zoo forum. Us, not so much.... :(

Being fair, Planet Zoo does seem very good. Every video I see about it, the features, the attention to detail and how everything works make it seem like PZ might be FD's best game yet (not that there are many), and it definitively looks like a game where the developers involved are truly enjoying working on.

Hey guys!

I don't know about that. Some of the image threads seem to do quite well here.
And in my experience, social media imagery is usually reserved for people taking photos of themselves in front of things as if to say "whoops, how did I get in that photo haha, like it though, or not I look terrible in my new clothes and haircut".
What I mean by that is, we should have a solar flare which hammers humanity back to the neolithic.
Slightly unrelated, but relevant.

Planet Zoo does seem very good
People always think Amsterdam is good until they have to share a country with Amsterdammers.

Top Bottom