PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Deleted member 182079

D
@Bigmaec
Ive seen one of the latest movie. Against Krait.
I can advice u one simple improvement. Try VoiceAttack for pip management and chaff reminder.

Just after boosting you can fast transfer some energy to drive or weapons or to system when u want to ram target.
I'm not expert in this but it helps a lot.

Chaff reminder I did after I lost important duel for me just because I was forgetting use ECM and Chaff on time. It was deciding because hull diff at the end was very small.
Voiceattack have and sounds notifications. When I push chaff switch on hotas it's waiting 20sec than it says to me:
"Chaff is ready my lord and f* window lickers" it's amazingly working :D I used that on stream yesterday, unfortunately mixer freaked out and wont start reply.

It's simple to set:
unknown.png
As neat and impressive all this is, but doesn't this put CMDRs who don't use VA at a not insignificant disadvantage? And I thought M&K with fixed weps was already a problem for me as a gamepad scrub...

Yep, as a K and M pilot I also think I might be at a bit of a disadvantage, my personal skill not entering into it... However, I usually play on my laptop, my other half taking control of the TV, which is all fine but it makes voice commands a slightly contentious issue!

Forget about voice commands, they can be use for landing gear or N Vision.
VA commands can be activated by key/mouse/controller button or key combinations also.

People who owns any peripherals with macros have advantage here, so you see that you do not need VA for this.
I own X56 where I can do pips management because that's what Logitech software offers. I believe most of you have keyboards, mouses or other controllers with that option.

Deleted member 182079

D
Forget about voice commands, they can be use for landing gear or N Vision.
VA commands can be activated by key/mouse/controller button or key combinations also.

People who owns any peripherals with macros have advantage here, so you see that you do not need VA for this.
I own X56 where I can do pips management because that's what Logitech software offers. I believe most of you have keyboards, mouses or other controllers with that option.

Ah yeah, it's just that it's good to know what I'm possibly up against when considering a PvP encounter. A bit like engineering but with RL hard- and software:)

@all concerning VA & other macros...

Yes, of course that would add "skill" and "make me gudder", as well as changing to KB/M.
But I don't like it, it's simple as that. Stick+Hotas I do for muh immurshon, and I have voice attack and tested pip macros.

I simply don't care enough to win fights to use them.

I tried voice attack for pip management via voice commands, it works but it starts with me having to use my headset with micro,
which I hate. Also I have to think myself into useful macros, and set up curves. And I'm lazy, so no.
I live with the disadvantages this gives me, and I really don't care that much if I lose.
I play for fun, not to win - not that winning sometimes isn't fun too, though 😂

@all concerning VA & other macros...

Yes, of course that would add "skill" and "make me gudder", as well as changing to KB/M.
But I don't like it, it's simple as that. Stick+Hotas I do for muh immurshon, and I have voice attack and tested pip macros.

I simply don't care enough to win fights to use them.

I tried voice attack for pip management via voice commands, it works but it starts with me having to use my headset with micro,
which I hate. Also I have to think myself into useful macros, and set up curves. And I'm lazy, so no.
I live with the disadvantages this gives me, and I really don't care that much if I lose.
I play for fun, not to win - not that winning sometimes isn't fun too, though 😂
It takes only 10-15 minutes to set up curves, I can guide you if you want.
I've posted a video on our forum, so you don't have to search for it.

Good kill, buddy.

giphy.gif
Eastwood is best Wood.

Regarding that Video, and the other thread by @RELSPI

It started all well for that guy.
Well, It started bad, with him seeing me in supercruise, seeing my loadout and interdictor, and still running towards Jaques, with me in between, so that he's gonna get slowed by the gravity well (not in the video). That was a first mistake with a 3.5 million bounty, albeit in Colonia it's usually very calm and not much PvP. And I didn't have a KWS :LOL:

Then it was ok, he submitted and had enough shields to get away. I honestly thought he'd get away. Then it went down the drain
He fumbled something, no idea what, and propably panicked, running away in a straight line, perhaps first trying to lowwake, then later spooling up frame shift drive again. Could've been me at the beginning of my open career.
Kudos by the way for not logging, not complaining, and later accepting my friend invite (y)

What I want to say is: you can train that. This is the classic Rinzler T7 video, you can train exactly that situation and you get away.
Granted, if I had a full gankaboi loadout with gimballed frags and one grom, you generally die in a badly shielded big4.
But then it would be insane continuing on your course, past me, directly into my interdictor arc.

Train this, guys & gals, if you like to play in open.

I see soooo many exploracondas in Colonia heading to Jaques, flying past my hollow-triangle 'Vette or FdL.
Sure, I o7 them, but that's no guarantee I won't shoot, right?
First, assess danger. Hollow triangle: danger. Combat loadout: danger. Wanted CMDR: DANGER!
Take a detour or try another instance, otherwise it gets bad.

In combat: always submit, boost toward your assailant, not away! (This is important, as it reduces time-on-target considerably)
First thing to do in a non-Combat vessel entering an unsafe system (generally every system) is selecting a high-wake target.
This will get you important seconds. Have a quick-select button. Spool up your drive, while evading, 4 pips to sys., until FSD is ready.
Then turn towards destination and jump out. Gank avoided.

Extra step if grommed: wait for FSD spoolup, keep evading, KEEP 4 PIPS in SYSTEM! Jump away.

If you see the Cmdr about again and he feels like some friendly practice send him to Carcosa, would be fun to encourage more PvP there. Also, if he fights me he has a better than average chance of a win!

You can only Git Gud through practice and if he did panic or whatever, well, I know I'm a better pilot after being blasted by Bigmaec and the guys in Carcosa a few times!

I mean, unless you're in a hot system like ShinDez. Then EVERYONE shoots.
Which is how I like it. Having hotspots keeps everywhere else clear.
Yeah, for all the horror stories I heard about elite being a gankfest, as soon as I dipped my toe into open (far from the starter systems by this point) it was like that Bill Hicks skit about watching the news and getting bombarded with WAR FAMINE DEATH AIDS HOMELESS RECESSION DEPRESSION, and then you finally look out your window and it's nothing but crickets.
Sure, ganks happen, but they're not some omnipresent threat that's gonna get you the instant you dare poke your head over the parapet - the only time I've ever encountered another player with hostile intent is when I've deliberately gone to one of the known hotspots to look for trouble.

@NCFCpaul and I again fooled around a bit in Carcosa today.
First we did two quite boring fights, me in my Vette and Paul in his Krait and Mamba. Result was foreseeable, will propably load them up later.
My Vette is propably only really usefull against large targets, as I wasn't able to keep the mediums in my sights except FAoff, and that made my ToT suffer.
He couldn't really dent my shields, but I wouldn't be able to kill him either, not enough damage...

But the last fight was quite interesting, because I tested my Torp Mamba against his PA Mamba.

I guess he won't run so easily into reverb torps again 😂
Also I didn't realíze his shields were already gone and kept shooting torps at him. Duh.

And you can see the landing gear bug is still not fixed. (Best seen at 1:21 - 1:26)
Or Paul did fly with landing gear down all the time :LOL:

Top Bottom