Powerplay Salary

So this week I collected enough merits to move from level 2 to level 4 but it only paid me level 3 credits at the end of the cycle, and I can collect 25 pieces of aid. Is this a bug or legit part of the game?

To clarify: you collected 750 + 1500 = 2.250 merits?

There is also a merit decay. Don't ask me how much.. it was somewhere in the guids sections on the old forums. Maybe I'll dig something up later.

To clarify: you collected 750 + 1500 = 2.250 merits?

There is also a merit decay. Don't ask me how much.. it was somewhere in the guids sections on the old forums. Maybe I'll dig something up later.

I am now level four, but did not receive the salary for that level. I collected more than that in the last week.

Merit decay, the feature that drove out me out of PP.

I just hated to push that rock up the hill and then have it come back down, even just partway was discouraging.

Those that do the merits week in and week out have more patience than I possess. Hope it’s worthwhile for you.

If I recall correctly, merit decay is 50% of your merits at the update tick.

During a regular module tour, I sit on my butt for the first 3 weeks, do all my merit work at the end of the week, so I come into week 4 ready to buy whatever toys I'm after, then just sit and let my merits decay down to 0 and leave for the next power. I throw my 1 vote where ever power "leaders" need it most, and haul to the systems they need things hauled to, and call it a wrap. No hard feelings when it's time for me to move on, power is supported, and I get what I'm after.

It's a win-win that way.

Merit decay, the feature that drove out me out of PP.

I just hated to push that rock up the hill and then have it come back down, even just partway was discouraging.

Those that do the merits week in and week out have more patience than I possess. Hope it’s worthwhile for you.

My business allows me to have my personal laptop next to my business computer and collect 25 pieces of cargo every half hour while still working so I can stock up a type 9. So I guess I'm lucky to have more playing time than most. My squadron comrades are in university so I feel bad for those guys, working a job and going to university to get their degrees. You guys work hard man.

My business allows me to have my personal laptop next to my business computer and collect 25 pieces of cargo every half hour while still working so I can stock up a type 9. So I guess I'm lucky to have more playing time than most. My squadron comrades are in university so I feel bad for those guys, working a job and going to university to get their degrees. You guys work hard man.

My bankroll allows me to fast-track myself to rank 5 in a couple hours, though I’ve never needed to go past 3.

My bankroll allows me to fast-track myself to rank 5 in a couple hours, though I’ve never needed to go past 3.
I will likely have to do that to get to 5, but right now I'm at level four so I'll have to figure it out when I go to make that push.

No need for a healthy bank account, if you have a good sized ship. Just fit passenger cabin and take passenger missions, to the same basic areas, that you are delivering to.

I did this for the Pack-hounds and walked away, with more credits, at the end of the month; than I started with. Most missions are a million plus and so it pays for the cargo. I just used a class 4 cabin.

During a regular module tour, I sit on my butt for the first 3 weeks, do all my merit work at the end of the week, so I come into week 4 ready to buy whatever toys I'm after, then just sit and let my merits decay down to 0 and leave for the next power...

Why do you take the time to let it decay? You know merits roll over when you defect? I think you lose a portion, but big deal.

Even just sigining up for a power and doing nothing will net you a whopping 1000 credits every week ... sure it aint much but its practically free creds , one day i may even be able to afford a kitted sidey with the savings :)

You can automate that stuff with Voice Attack.

Yeah, imo having a ship sit at the dock collecting garrison supplys all day by macro-use is a bot. It's just a stationary bot.

When I came back from beagle Point, I pledged to LYR and hauled 10,000t of PP cargo (in a 600t Cutter), which cost me 100 million in fast-tracking (technically 99,900,000 as the first allocation is free). Got me 10,000 merits, enough to go straight to rank 5 on the following Thursday (which in this case meant a 200% explo data bonus). Then cashed in my data for around 2.3 billion. I could have quit at that point, but level 5 salary is 50 million, so I stayed pledged to the following Thursday and claimed that.

In the long term, you need to earn around 5,400 merits to stay at rank 5, as each week's allocation is halved three times before being discarded (5,400 + 2,700 + 1,350 + 675 = 10,125). That would cost you around 54 million in fast-tracking, and your salary is 50 million, so the overall cost is 4 million per week.

Top Bottom