PvP Behold, the great Fdev Ganker filter..

Complaining that the developer made the game the wrong way (when they stated what it was intended to be) is also a waste of time.
Asking for improvements is not a waste, but you also need to consider everyone who plays the game just as the developer does.

Considering the whole community is the correct way to develop a game like this, but the PvP/Open community have been starved of improvements for a long while. What's worse is that Fdev have frequently talked about coming improvements with things like Powerplay and Piracy etc but have never acted upon them. So people are justified at being pi**ed at them to be honest, they're all talk, no action.

Now if it is true that you just hate the game and dont get any enjoyment out of it why continue to play?
Perhaps its like the saying the worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work. So there must be some fun, right?

People who complain usually don't hate the game, otherwise they wouldn't bother saying anything, I don't know about anybody else but I don't waste my time with games I hate. They just dislike the design philosophies of Frontier and the direction they have taken with Elite. There's been a very clear pattern since 2016 of marginalizing the once thriving PvP community, and not giving PvP-centric features any priority. You could argue that the scaling back of grind for engineering was an improvement, but ultimately that helped everyone so shouldn't be counted.

PvP'ers generally see the great potential Elite has/had to be a hugely successful open-world game, but get frustrated to see Frontier squander that potential through bad design decisions and their politically correct obsession with wrapping their playerbase up in cotton wool.

You could argue that the scaling back of grind for engineering was an improvement, but ultimately that helped everyone so shouldn't be counted.

That's nonsense. That was entirely for y'all. That was not for the space truckers. It is exactly that sort of disrespectful bad faith hooey that is why we don't play the video game with you in Open.

::yawn:: But they didn't organize campaigns to screech at the devs on every platform and incessantly make any other discussions difficult or impossible by injecting their talking points as non sequitur at every opportunity.

And what are wing missions where you can do completely nothing and receive 30mln share? Most of my elite trade rank comes from this. Capping bounties on pvp kills is ridiculous, it makes no sense given difficulty of killing experienced players in engineered ships, i think FD is fixated about piloting skills not having too much impact on game in general, it's also seen in pve, where game doesn't reward skills, whatever it's is undermining, bounty hunting or assassination missions, it's all flat, and it's look like made for purpose and i wonder what is it...

You might have a point if it wasn't for the fact that bellwhackers would go on a massive crime spree together, then destroy each other's ships to claim massive bounties, rinse, repeat.
Which they could do.
Which means, actually, you don't really have a valid point at all.

Players who would exploit like this is why we all can't have nice things.

The lesser of all evils is that FDev capped the player bounties. For good reason. In fact I agree with previous comments...
FDev nailed it.

That's nonsense. That was entirely for y'all. That was not for the space truckers. It is exactly that sort of disrespectful bad faith hooey that is why we don't play the video game with you in Open.

I don't know many PvPers that asked for Engineering. Indeed most of the people I knew and played with that were PvP focused players ended up quitting, largely because of Engineering and what it did to what was previously a fairly well-balanced system.

::yawn:: But they didn't organize campaigns to screech at the devs on every platform and incessantly make any other discussions difficult or impossible by injecting their talking points as non sequitur at every opportunity.

I'm not sure what you're referencing here.

You might have a point if it wasn't for the fact that bellwhackers would go on a massive crime spree together, then destroy each other's ships to claim massive bounties, rinse, repeat.
Which they could do.

The lesser of all evils is that FDev capped the player bounties. For good reason. In fact I agree with previous comments...
FDev nailed it.

Umm, where would the free cash appear from? If you kill someone with a bounty, it's quite expensive to die with a bounties after the CP changes :p

Which they could do.

FDev nailed it.
To clarify for those that weren't around, this actually happened, and the cap came in.

To clarify for those that weren't around, this actually happened, and the cap came in.

I'll go a bit farther.
It didn't just "happen"... It had become a very profitable and exploitative "playstyle" and was being pursued by the "undesirables" in a very big and very coordinated fashion, at the expense of other players.

Even if they were uncapped, you lose the amount of credits you have as a bounty on your ship when it's destroyed since the CP changes, right?

Yes, since changes this is true enough. The point being that it just goes to illustrate how FDev view this behaviour, wouldn't you conclude?

I'm just pointing out that uncapping the bounties right now wouldn't be exploitable at all, it was in ancient history tho, but we shouldn't be concerned about that :D

I'm just pointing out that uncapping the bounties right now wouldn't be exploitable at all, it was in ancient history tho, but we shouldn't be concerned about that :D

The point I was making is how FDev views the behaviour. Not me or you.
Their game, their rules.

History, as you declared it, is both important and informative, whether it's "ancient" or not, whether you like it or not. The raison d'etre for FDev, here, is that exploiting player bounties is undesirable in their view, so they have capped the bounty to what they consider a balanced and reasonable amount. You and I may not agree with it, but it isn't your call or my call.
History has led us here and hence the reason for me saying that exploitative players that used to do this stuff is why we all can't have nice things. Regardless of my personal view, this is where we are for justifiable and clear reasons.

Just seems strange that it would be the reason for bounty caps even after the exploit has been removed completely, but it's FD :)

It would still be exploited.

Player A has boatloads of cash. He wracks up a bounty of 100 million.

Player B has no money but is good friends with player A.

Player A says to player B, "Destroy my ship, take the 100 million, it's okay I have loads of credits"

Player B does so, skips to one of the endgame ships and buys a lovely Anaconda.

:ALSO:

Player A thinks, "Oh hey, I could totally charge people on the side for quick in game credits".

Boom, easy credit buying is in the game now.

Don't get me wrong, I think bounty hunting is in a bad place atm despite it still being my primary playstyle, but it had to be capped.

I dont know of any events, but I will say this. It does boil my urine when people trashtalk in repsonse to reveals on twitter or something. It wouldn't if it was once or twice. But EVERY bit of news is met with some snarky comment.

I LOVE that people are passionate about this game. But FDev are going to hate it's playerbase at this rate if they dont already hate it.

I'm looking forward to the news tonight about what looks to be maybe fleet carriers. But then I notice in the comments it's just bile and vitriol. Urgh.

Last edited:
I LOVE that people are passionate about this game. But FDev are going to hate it's playerbase at this rate if they dont already hate it.

I'm looking forward to the news tonight about what looks to be maybe fleet carriers. But then I notice in the comments it's just bile and vitriol. Urgh.

This is the most poignant tragedy of all. FDev makes a game where PvP combat is a possibility, and suffers from finally falling into hatred of its player-base.

Do the other FDev games have adversarial elements in them? I'd be guessing not. I'd also be guessing there's infinitely less angst thrown by those games' player-bases. Conclusion would be that FDev would prefer in future to develop games in the same vein, and not another Elite game.

Saddening, really.

If handing out money is exploiting, I'm guilty as heck :)

When those 50 mil wing hauling missions still existed, we handed out at least a few billion to fresh sidewinder pilots just by flying 2 jumps in a t-9 xD

These days it's faster to core mine or pirate LTDs and drop those, tho. Just takes a few minutes for the new guy to buy that t-6 and collectors after scooping the first load in a sidey :p

If handing out money is exploiting, I'm guilty as heck :)

When those 50 mil wing hauling missions still existed, we handed out at least a few billion to fresh sidewinder pilots just by flying 2 jumps in a t-9 xD

These days it's faster to core mine or pirate LTDs and drop those, tho. Just takes a few minutes for the new guy to buy that t-6 and collectors after scooping the first load in a sidey :p

Well the famous Elite youtuber Yamiks did a speed run of this game. From fresh start to Anaconda it took him about 12 hours with no assitance from anyone else.

Top Bottom