New Thargoid variant

Because is fleeing form Palin's base, and Palin collected a bunch of Thargoid tech. If we saw this scaping from a Thargoid Hive we would think that it is a Thargoid made, but this seems to be escaping or at least departing from the old Palin's Base. But now that you mention it...

Has anyone checked if there is a similar object... or anything out of the ordinary in the nearest Thargoid hives?
My reasoning is that Palin is one of the FSD engineer's, gaining that knowledge could be invaluable if the Thargoids intend to defeat humans as they can't hunt us down in supercruise. Maybe they are launching because they detected a human ship and don't want to be scanned/captured.

That post by Max Factor has been bugging me, in terms of I don't know how to answer it.

Suffice to say, all I can do is quote House and say "It doesn't fit".

Usually, you wrangle the target tech to integrate with your own, cutting connectors and replacing them with bespoke ones, cutting back excess material to fit a piece of equipment, drilling holes and removal of problematic components, and that's very apparent with the polyps, or as I call them "fixture points", due to the visible damage to the vessel around these. You don't usually wrangle yourself/your own tech to fit the technology in that way. You have mastery of your own tech, so whatever components of your own tech are being used should be almost entirely free from imperfection, while the unknown hybrid tech usually come out somewhat damaged, because it's being used outside it's usually-intended parameters.
Maybe, maybe not. It's just a theory that I don't necessarily believe in, its just a possibility that I wouldn't dismiss.

cough

Distilling it down to the salient points:
  • Yellow bumps are (imo) "fixture points" to attach human driver hardware for the Thargoid vessel, and the "face" is a more humanoid cockpit.
  • Scouts are chasing it because it's, imo, a human/thargoid hybrid ship design. I'd be trying to blow that up too if someone designed an experimental hybrid based off my, I guess, "own technology"
  • I would kill for a picture showing the position of those hearts, especially if they aren't in the normal spot.
And adding on since it was still spawning regularly before...
- I wouldn't read into the apparent disappearance too much. Sounds like people are still reporting rare encounters with it... Hyperdictions spawned excessively at one point, then FD fixed it so people got hyperdicted intermittently instead of literally every time they tried to jump out a system. I imagine it was meant to only spawn rarely in the first place.

The hearts on this one are closer towards the central area where the yellow is in this picture. The other types have them further out towards the ends of the pedals.
Screenshot_20190827-075858_YouTube.jpg

You can see them light up during CMDR Tato chips battle. As far as the cockpit goes I honestly dont think it looks human to me. From a distance yes but imo up close it doesnt look that way to me. The blackened canopy isnt really evidence of this either as they could just as easily make a blackened canopy as well as we could. Furthermore there arent hardly any human ships that do that either.

I am wondering if fdev hasn't completed this variant and we just found it prematurely. The cockpit being blackened could be simply because they just haven't made the interior yet. It's inability to attack may be due to it not having any attack patterns programmed and as stated previously when they were first released human modules were there when scanned. Also the word no appearing on its xeno scan could be an indication of this. It being attacked and chased by scouts could also be a glitch too as maybee they arent supposed to spawn in the same instance and it isnt programmed to be recognized as being a thargoid yet.

On the other hand I'm wondering if is a sort of mycoid resistant type. Maybee a mutated type that is resistant or at least slowly dying instead of quickly. It's more white colored which can indicate sickness and has yellow splotches on it. The yellow nodules on it look like boils or small barnicle growths too. Maybee its inability to attack could be a by product of this. Perhapse its purpose is to run into a human base or settlement. Infect the population directly and run away. If it is infected this could mean the thargoids regard it as a plague and have cast it out of their society. This would explain why it's missing its middle ring. According to cannon research their best theory is that the rings on the thargoids indicate from outside in its combat tank what queen its aligned with and central is either the word for thargoid or their specific superpower alignment. (Oresians and Klakians) one of which we have not seen yet because of the thargoid war. The new one doesnt have the middle ring which means it isnt aligned with a queen and since we know they all have a biological hive mind they arent independent beings so it's a reasonable assumption they could be the thargoid equivalent of lepers cast out of their society.... assuming the missing ring isnt a glitch.

We might not even be physically capable of flying a thargoid ship. They have hive minds so the pilot probably has a telepathic link to its vessel or at least some kind of connection like on Avatar. Shoot they might not even have pilots. The ships themselves might be completely autonomous beings in themselves.

We might not even be physically capable of flying a thargoid ship. They have hive minds so the pilot probably has a telepathic link to its vessel or at least some kind of connection like on Avatar. Shoot they might not even have pilots. The ships themselves might be completely autonomous beings in themselves.
I repeat

eFfmdb3.jpg

Cmdr Plater has also posted a Youtube video

Personal notes:
1:41. looks like a cockpit from the first trailer that hinted Thargoids.
Not following the algorithm. Second faction.
Still waiting for the Typhon (with huge thorns on both sides of petals).

Last edited:
Anyone ever thought maybe Thargoids want our tech so they can "return the favour" and damage our hyperdrives like we did theirs?

Top Bottom