PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Those Torps wrecked my ship in a bad way! A warning came on screen saying 'shields rendered inoperable' it might as well said 'lmao, you're screwed'. Also, I totally ran straight into it!

I could have hammered away at your Corvette all night, I kept draining my distro with no joy at all. Next time you bring your Vette out I'll get my heavy guns out too, should be fun and maybe a bit closer.

Later on I had my Challenger in Colonia and had a great fight with Cmdr Schitt Staynes in a battle Beluga, we were both on 7 or 8% when some guy with a grudge got involved. Bit of a shame because it was a really fun fight and that spoiled the ending!

Thinking about it I should learn to video!

If you have a Nvidia graphic cards its totally simply, just download geforce experience or whatever it's called and then it's just alt+f9.

Watching the video there is a scene where you can see I nearly ran into my own torps, that would've resulted in even more hilarity 😂

@Sethiest : space pirates don't run KWS :mad::cool:

Ok, here are the two Vette vs. Medium fights.
My aim wasn't very good as I'm not often flying the Vette FAoff.

Regarding running into your own torps, that's actually something you can find on several videos, guiding one into their own torps...

Ok, my Vette is ready and I've been practicing! Hopefully I can drop your shields with it!

When I say practicing it mostly involves cooking my own ship and losing 1-5 to Cmdr Schitt Staynes, I'm counting one for me because I shot down one Viper and a Challenger after he ran out of ammo!

By the way, who knew pip management was a thing?

Ok, my Vette is ready and I've been practicing! Hopefully I can drop your shields with it!

When I say practicing it mostly involves cooking my own ship and losing 1-5 to Cmdr Schitt Staynes, I'm counting one for me because I shot down one Viper and a Challenger after he ran out of ammo!

By the way, who knew pip management was a thing?
I avenged you. Once. Then I got avenged back 😂
Vids following, this time with both perspectives I guess.

Oh hell yeah, we do a lot of PvP in Carcosa these days... :devilish:

Today I had - amongst other things - two fantastic fights with CMDR Schitt Staynes, who recorded his view too.
He also gave me permission to link it here, so here is number one for your pleasure from both points of view:
CMDR Bigmaec in his prismo disco FdL versus CMDR Schitt Staynes in his hybrid PA Challenger

Thanks CMDR for that awesome run and the nice chat afterwards (y)
He's not only the better pilot, he's also waaaay ahead of me regarding video editing.
Will have to git gud in that regard too...

Teasering the next fight (will upload only tomorrow) - he maybe gets his revenge :eek:

Great vids! Looks like a hell of a fight!

I now feel something of a PvP noob and am taking notes on how to do this...

Serious question, also for anyone else, if the fight has become a jousting match - many of mine do- and you realise that you are on the wrong end of it, what are the best tactics to break this?

Also, big take away from watching these vids and other really good pilots is that sheer accuracy with PA's is a big deal, not only that they don't take an age to line the shot up. Think that's my personal big failing.... and pip management, that's a big deal... and learning to fly FA off, that helps a ton

Anyhow, great vids x2

Now the rematch against Schitt...
Bigmaecs FDS full PA Hulltank (with Biweave) against Schitts Hybrid PA Chally.

It shows how outclassed I am if not in a very special build. Pip management, FAoff flying, PA timing ...
If you now take into consideration he didn't even use his seekers - well done CMDR, well done :oops:

How to not fight against someone competent with rails...

Dat moment at 2:37 realizing "wow ... where did my AFMU go to?"😂

GG CMDR (y)

edit

the critical Moment was at 1:19 where I didn't notice my MRP went down the drain.
Had I seen that, I could've repaired and the game would've been still on.
That way I did, I was done for a minute into the fight. sigh

Last edited:
I have a new hobby: fighting in Rings 🤪
Thanks to CMDR Tequila_Tibbs who presents what I intended to do: ram as many asteroids as possible...
Also featuring his voice, warning contains mild swearing after each bonk into an asteroid 😂

GG CMDR (y)

Before we did that we had a nice three-way in the Rings with CMDR Schitt Staynes, with the objective of me shooting up Tequila, Tequila shooting up Schitt, and Schitt me.
Was an awesome fun, sadly I forgot to record. Hopefully I will get the perspective from Schitt to link here...

Top Bottom