Frontier's Annual Results have been published (June 2018 to May 2019), showing a record year and Elite passing 3 million basegame sales

Referring back to a point I made earlier, these so call experts/analysts have no more of an idea than a volunteer moderator in my opinion. As you pointed out earlier they are now teaching investment risk analysis using 2008 to the likes of noob analysers, bit late don't ya think? what were they teaching b4?

DeletedUser191218

D
Referring back to a point I made earlier, these so call experts/analysts have no more of an idea than a volunteer moderator in my opinion. As you pointed out earlier they are now teaching investment risk analysis using 2008 to the likes of noob analysers, bit late don't ya think? what were they teaching b4?

Your opinion is clearly wrong. I'm also not a 'noob analyser', whatever that means. Understanding scenarios from the past is critical in informing best practices of governance and stress modelling.

I realise telling this to a 'we've hade enough of them experts' type of person is probably pointless. We all know how well that mentality is serving society in 2019.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I know that the view of analysts is the 8% (i've read 7% somewhere as well) drop in share price is a result of reduced revenue forecasts.

Ok, so:
  • Which drop is that? Please state the corresponding date (or dates, if applicable) so we can actually see what you are referring to.
  • When did the revenue forecast you refer to made it to the public domain? Please link.
If you state that a certain "drop" is the consequence of a certain "forecast" at the very least you should be able to show clearly when those two things happened in order to evaluate their connection (or lack thereof).

Otherwise your statement would not have much meaning.

Last edited:

DeletedUser191218

D
Ok, so:
  • Which drop is that? Please state the corresponding date (or dates, if applicable) so we can actually see what are you referring to.
  • When did the revenue forecast you refer to made it to the public domain?
If you state that a certain "drop" is the consequence of a certain "forecast" at the very least you should be able to show clearly both the drop itself and when those two things happened in order to evaluate their connection (or lack thereof).

Otherwise your statement would have little to no meaning.

Have you read anything I've written?

Again, it's well documented. If you distrust the views of every analyst who's commented on this then I see little value in continuing to provide you with the same answer in repetition.

DeletedUser191218

D
So, then it should be relatively easy for you to source the answer for the two bullets I posted above? ;)

Yes. It is relatively easy. I'm not googling it for you though. I'm not sure you understand the concepts in reference anyway.

You're demonstrably looking to perpetuate a rather dull argument. It's a fairly typical type of the descent into the muddiness these threads seem to go. I don't particularly care whether you accept the cause and effects of analysts' views on the FDev share price or not. It makes no difference to me. You can either accept a simple fact or not. It's your choice.

Season? What that word? It comes from TV land? Is that like a Series or something? Please, do educate me further...

Regarding the original quarterly delivery estimates for Horizons (from FDev themselves), you know, Spring, Summer & Autumn 2016? Can you not possibly, conceiveably, just a little bit, think how some people might just have thought “Winter is Coming” implied a Winter release? Like, not the Winter the year after?

Ugh... the dreaded metaphor, bane of the Semanticist. “Winter”, in the case of “Winter is coming”, refers to a time of darkness and hardship. Winter, the actual season, was something of a dread time for folks in days of yore, when death tolls rose sharply, from exposure, from lack of food, lack of not frozen water, lack of medications, the spread of illness due to tight living conditions, and the dread of shorter days and longer nights, made worse yet by the lack of entertainment when shut in for months at a time.

I really shouldn’t have to explain it, but science is right, the densest known mineral is Cranium.

Ugh... the dreaded metaphor, bane of the Semanticist. “Winter”, in the case of “Winter is coming”, refers to a time of darkness and hardship. Winter, the actual season, was something of a dread time for folks in days of yore, when death tolls rose sharply, from exposure, from lack of food, lack of not frozen water, lack of medications, the spread of illness due to tight living conditions, and the dread of shorter days and longer nights, made worse yet by the lack of entertainment when shut in for months at a time.
Loath to return to this thread but...

a) the first part of post #338 really should have ended with “/s” as someone else thought I actually meant it...

b) the second part of post #338 was a question regarding how a Winter release may have seemed feasible given the previous release pattern.
I really shouldn’t have to explain it, but science is right, the densest known mineral is Cranium.
I really should say something snarky at this point, this being the internet and all, but I’ll give it a miss.

Last edited:
Loath to return to this thread but...

a) the first part of post #338 really should have ended with “/s” as someone else also thought I actually meant it...

b) the second part of post #338 was a question regarding how a Winter release may have seemed feasible given the previous release pattern.

I really should say something snarky at this point, this being the internet and all, but I’ll give it a miss.

No one could ever hope to take home the gold in Olympic Conclusion Jumping like the Elite: Community.

We can, and indeed, should save the snarks - they’re more useful to Gordon Freeman.

No one could ever hope to take home the gold in Olympic Conclusion Jumping like the Elite: Community.
Dateline: early January 2016

The Question: “when might you expect or hope the mysterious 2.4 to release?”

Provided information:

1. base game 1.0 released December 2014
2. Horizons 2.0 released December 2015
3. release schedule for 2.1 -Spring 2016, 2.2 -Summer 2016, 2.3 -Autumn 2016

Personally, I’ll give a gentle pat on the back to those historic Olympic-standard hopefuls from this community, and a knowing look, “I can see how you may have thought that...”

Provided information:

Personally, I’ll give a gentle pat on the back to those historic Olympic-standard hopefuls from this community, and a knowing look, “I can see how you may have thought that...”

Because no deadline, real or imagined has ever been missed....

OpenXanadu anyone?

Provided information:

Can't we please get back to the important issues relevant to todays problems: William The Conqueror promised to invade England in 1065 - what a fool he looks now!

(yeah, I know, but these pensioners refuse to move on)

Can't we please get back to the important issues relevant to todays problems: William The Conqueror promised to invade England in 1065 - what a fool he looks now!

(yeah, I know, but these pensioners refuse to move on)
It's the year 2128. The British prime minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit-Deadline like every year. Nobody remembers where this strange tradition comes from, but it brings lots of tourists to the town.

those are, for the most part, QOL content.
i agree it deserved a whole dedicated update, but not 4 to 5 years to get what we got.

Kickstarter started in Nov 5, 2012, the game came out in Dec 16, 2014
let's give them one extra year for margin error, heck, let's say they started the dev in 2010

So i took 4 years to create the Elite we got when it got out more or less. Sounds very ok to me. They must have worked hard no doubts.

After the game came out, the only real new stuff we had was horizons with the SRV, the rest was mostly QOL.

if you compare the first 4 years (from 2010 to 2014) and compare from the last 4 years (from 2015 to 2019) the quantity and quality of content is not equal. And It shouldn't even be equal, it should be superior since FD made a ton of money since release.

We still can't change the color HUD, we still need to use Dr Kaii app or Arkku website...

I'm just disappointed, if you are happy with the pace of development, good for you, i envy you.
I was expecting more from FD but i guess that's my fault.

And what are Thargoids, the Formadine rift, Colonia, transportable stations, base assaults, multicrew, Wings, squadrons, crew AI, guardians/guardian tech, engineers, community goals, galnet, powerplay... they're JUST QOL? ..you're out of your mind

Top Bottom