General / Off-Topic MLP:FiM - Final Season

Deleted member 110222

D
Sooo is the creepy fandom coming to an end?
Unlikely to ever "end". MLP:FIM is right up there at the top now, in pop-cult western animation.

I'll always be proud to my contribution to the fandom in the form of MLP racing cars.

I always thought the avatars used here were ironic, and grown ups watching this stuff was a joke, my daughter stopped watching this around the same time as watching Barbie, or Tinker Bell movies, ie, when she turned 7.
Ah well, who am I to judge a bunch of crazy furries? <- that is a joke btw, don't get all upset and start demanding my head on a stick.

Last edited:

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Sooo is the creepy fandom coming to an end?

It's easy to point and laugh from the outside, same as with any fandom. There is a surprising amount of resistance to the idea that an adult can be into a cartoon, as if the medium itself is below consideration. Bronies have it doubly bad as the IP was and is aimed at girls and the idea that a male could enjoy the show too is anathema to traditional Western masculinity. (A female who is into Star Wars or GI Joe is 'cool', but a male who likes MLP-FiM is a weirdo).

Unlikely to ever "end". MLP:FIM is right up there at the top now, in pop-cult western animation.

I'll always be proud to my contribution to the fandom in the form of MLP racing cars.

A product and result of the times I imagine...

I have said this before, but no other fandom invades other fandoms like mlp in only a way I can describe as cancer. Mlp star wars, mlp star trek, lotr, got, breaking bad, video games across all titles. So much so that as stated before a new rule for the internet needed to be chiseled out. My question is objectively why, compared to other fandoms, does mlp do that?

I have said this before, but no other fandom invades other fandoms like mlp in only a way I can describe as cancer. Mlp star wars, mlp star trek, lotr, got, breaking bad, video games across all titles. So much so that as stated before a new rule for the internet needed to be chiseled out. My question is objectively why, compared to other fandoms, does mlp do that?

Because it can? :)

It's easy to point and laugh from the outside, same as with any fandom. There is a surprising amount of resistance to the idea that an adult can be into a cartoon, as if the medium itself is below consideration. Bronies have it doubly bad as the IP was and is aimed at girls and the idea that a male could enjoy the show too is anathema to traditional Western masculinity. (A female who is into Star Wars or GI Joe is 'cool', but a male who likes MLP-FiM is a weirdo).

I'll argue that one of the reasons it got so popular, its because Faust didn't want to focus the series to an exclusively girl audience. At least when it comes to the first two seasons, you can find a bit for everyone. This can be seen very strongly at the beginning of the 3rd season with the introduction of Sombra. Who by all accounts was supposed to be the main villain
and bring a bit of darkness to the MLP universe. The Sauron inspiration is VERY strong, and I believe that this scared Hasbro as they felt they where losing control over the franchise.
And I speculate that is the reason Hasbro decided to terminate Lauren Faust, or maybe Faust decided to leave since clearly Hasbro had other plans for the series. What a shame.

I believe it is WAY overdue that western entertainment stop treating children as if they where stupid or could not cope with complicated situations. Or to see them as nothing but walking purses.

And to prove my statement, I will just point out that one of the most watched series by today's kids is My hero Academia.

Allow me to give you a sample of the show.

Yeah, kids are watching this, and so far none has fallen into some kind of trauma.

I always thought the avatars used here were ironic, and grown ups watching this stuff was a joke, my daughter stopped watching this around the same time as watching Barbie, or Tinker Bell movies, ie, when she turned 7.
Ah well, who am I to judge a bunch of crazy furries? <- that is a joke btw, don't all upset and start demanding my head on a stick.

I wont demand your head on a stick, I want your whole body for a nice skewer! :p

th

Miam!

Deleted member 110222

D

Because you don't make the rules.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-avX3NKBc

8uu4r1D.gif

Plenty of cartoons for an adult audience. Archer, south park, mr pickles, rick and morty, venture bros some examples come to mind. Never said that cartoons as a medium is just for kids.

However my personal experience with majority of fans is negative....like dont talk to my family or touch my pets negative.

Some context: I lived in Pittsburgh, Pa for years until recently. I was a sous chef there that catered a lot of major events and hotels in the area. Every year in the spring there is a major "furry" convention called Anthro-con. Which a large part but not all attending "guests" are mlp fans. Dressed in various characters or parts of characters from the fandom. The horror stories i have seen and heard from staff at the hotels and convention would probably net me a instant if not permanent ban from the forums if repeated.

That said I realize the not all fans are like that but I would say I see anything remotely mlp related in a negative light because of it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Archer is not a cartoon, bro.
That's why I try to use the term animation, instead of cartoon.

That and one of my best mates happens to be part of an award winning animation team. He wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I simply called everything a cartoon.

Top Bottom