Fahrenheit, Pounds, etc.

The metric system is great! That being said, I did not grow up with this system and I can't seem to understand or remember it very well. My wish is for there to be a setting in the game for those that prefer another system such as Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, etc.

Just to clarify, 'pounds' in the title was in reference to weight and not currency. The money system seems to be just fine for me to relate to.

Just remember that at or below 0° Celsius water starts to freeze (It`s based on that, and that it starts to boil at 100°). And around 20° would be mild summer, at 30° its already pretty hot and at 40° it starts to get serious.

But i hope that you imperials (is it called imperial?) get an easy solution for this.

Just remember that at or below 0° Celsius water starts to freeze (It`s based on that). And around 20° would be mild summer, at 30° its already pretty hot and at 40° it starts to get serious.

But i hope that you imperials (is it called imperial?) get an easy solution for this.

That is very helpful. Thank you.

Just to finish that scale: 100°C is the temperature where water boils. ;)
While I have to agree that in science the metric system is used most of times I would argue that in american zoos they use the imperial system. To be fair if you are used to it, it will probably not seem that weird (the metric is still better though :p ) and the guests should be able to understand the numbers. So why I definitely don't mind if both can/ are be used in the game. Would be a cool opportunity for the everyone to get a better feeling for the other system.

I have to admit that metric makes more sense. 0C for freezing, 100C for boiling, etc. I like that.
However most of my 'troubles' come when I try to convert meters to feet/yards and kg to pounds and km to miles. Its like learning a new language, needing to translate the new words in my head before it makes sense and with my lack of memory, I can't seem to remember what those new words even translate to. I hope that makes sense. In any case, if an alternate system is not offered, its alright. It'll be a fun way to learn it as I play. Thanks everyone so far for the funny, kind and helpful comments.

I absolutely agree, I would feel the same way learning the imperial system. We are just not used to the other one and it is more an experience thing to feel comfortable. I am just glad I am used to the metric because it seems easier, especially in physics etc.

An inch is 25mm

A mm is 40thou

A meter is not far from a yard or 3' (3'=0.9m actually - slightly less roughly)

a kg is 2.2lbs

A mile is 1.6 km

And these days google can translate - just search '1gallon litres' and then get really confused if you live in the UK where you expect 1 gallon = ~6 litres (we have man sized gallons here :) )

An inch is 25mm

A mm is 40thou

A meter is not far from a yard or 3' (3'=0.9m actually - slightly less roughly)

a kg is 2.2lbs

A mile is 1.6 km

And these days google can translate - just search '1gallon litres' and then get really confused if you live in the UK where you expect 1 gallon = ~6 litres (we have man sized gallons here :) )

Thank you! :)

Well, when you have 0 degrees Celsius it is also 32 degrees Fahrenheit. There are 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit to 1 degree Celsius. 40 times 1.8 equals 72. This means that, when you are at -40 Celsius you are also at -40 Fahrenheit.

Top Bottom