The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I don't think that would help, the Connie is garbage with too many flaws to work in the game. It would work great in a movie though, I love how it looks on screen.
The current hover mode doesn't do it any favours, that's fer sure...but when I'm using my Connie it certainly doesn't blow up that quick. A bit of pip management by increasing the power to shields when under fire...fitting military gear and some decent weapons certainly helps it along too. I've used my Aquila for bounty hunting with some military shields and some decent weapons, so it's not that bad once you get used to it flying like a bathtub on roller skates. The current bug disabling the Connies missiles and the shield hole glitch doesn't help either of course.

Admittedly, Sovapid used a complete newbie cheapshot and sucker punched it when it was most vulnerable and (I assume) inside a no fire zone where it couldn't fire back...no forward thrust due to the hover mode shyte and the connie may have powered off when he landed leaving the shields to recharge again. Rule is...engine off/power on when landed, keeps the shields charged.

Personally...I would have noticed the dodgy looking Sabre flying about, and since 99.9% of combat ships hovering around a landing spot are only there to upset someone's day...I would have switched off, got out of the ship and rail gunned his pretty ship from behind a rock outside the no fire zone :)

The same rule applies in SC as it does in ED...treat everything on the radar and every ship you see as hostile. There ain't no nice teddy bear cuddling folks flying around in fighters who'll just flip you an o7 and let you go about your day. Gitting GUD isn't all about getting the guns warmed up and the cajones out, it's about avoiding becoming an explosion on some laughing fool's YouTube feed.

Last edited:
The current hover mode doesn't do it any favours, that's fer sure...but when I'm using my Connie it certainly doesn't blow up that quick. A bit of pip management by increasing the power to shields when under fire...fitting military gear and some decent weapons certainly helps it along too. I've used my Aquila for bounty hunting with some military shields and some decent weapons, so it's not that bad once you get used to it flying like a bathtub on roller skates.

Admittedly, Sovapid used a complete newbie cheapshot and sucker punched it when it was most vulnerable and (I assume) inside a no fire zone where it couldn't fire back...no forward thrust due to the hover mode shyte and the connie may have powered off when he landed leaving the shields to recharge again. Rule is...engine off/power on when landed, keeps the shields charged.

Personally...I would have noticed the dodgy looking Sabre flying about, and since 99.9% of combat ships hovering around a landing spot are only there to upset someone's day...I would have switched off, got out of the ship and rail gunned his pretty ship from behind a rock outside the no fire zone :)

The same rule applies in SC as it does in ED...treat everything on the radar and every ship you see as hostile. There ain't no nice teddy bear cuddling folks flying around in fighters who'll just flip you an o7 and let you go about your day. Gitting GUD isn't all about getting the guns warmed up and the cajones out, it's about avoiding becoming an explosion on some laughing fool's YouTube feed.
Against players who know what they are doing you'll most likely end up dead in a Connie, too easy to peel off the engine nacelles which deprives you of a quarter of your firepower in addition to the engine and possibly VTOL fans that attaches to the bottom nacelles. I would add landing gear as well if we look at the bottom nacelles, but they seem to magically spawn out of thin air when deployed on every ship that's been heavily damaged. The chin VTOL fans also gets blown off easily.

I want to like the Connie, the Taurus was my original pledge, but it keeps getting pushed back and now it has dropped off the roadmap completly. I wonder why, the Taurus is the most basic of the Connies. I exchanged it for a Retaliator Base, but after watching yesterdays stream, John Crewe killed what little hope I had for a rework of it, I should just turn it into a Prospector. My Aquila may turn into something alot better in 3.8.

Against players who know what they are doing you'll most likely end up dead in a Connie, too easy to peel off the engine nacelles which deprives you of a quarter of your firepower in addition to the engine and possibly VTOL fans that attaches to the bottom nacelles. I would add landing gear as well if we look at the bottom nacelles, but they seem to magically spawn out of thin air when deployed on every ship that's been heavily damaged. The chin VTOL fans also gets blown off easily.

I want to like the Connie, the Taurus was my original pledge, but it keeps getting pushed back and now it has dropped off the roadmap completly. I wonder why, the Taurus is the most basic of the Connies. I exchanged it for a Retaliator Base, but after watching yesterdays stream, John Crewe killed what little hope I had for a rework of it, I should just turn it into a Prospector. My Aquila may turn into something alot better in 3.8.
Likewise with my Aquila since it's a loaner for the Carrack...but I do like the Connies since they were the first biggish ships besides the Tali to get added to SC a long time ago, there's just something about them I like besides the awesome engine sound even if they are a bit of a piñata for anything with guns and an attitude... As for the Taurus...Ci¬G of course have no incentive to finish it...just like reworking the Tali which still doesn't have working landing gear animations after 3 years.

I'd suggest a Max for the Tali rather than a Prospector since that's going nowhere fast either with repeatedly unfinished and broken mechanics every patch...or perhaps one of the Wardens. I melted my Tali bomber for a Harbinger a while back when I got bored with it never being finished.

Last edited:
Likewise with my Aquila since it's a loaner for the Carrack...but I do like the Connies since they were the first biggish ships besides the Tali to get added to SC a long time ago, there's just something about them I like besides the awesome engine sound even if they are a bit of a piñata for anything with guns and an attitude... As for the Taurus...Ci¬G of course have no incentive to finish it...just like reworking the Tali which still doesn't have working landing gear animations after 3 years.

I'd suggest a Max for the Tali rather than a Prospector since that's going nowhere fast either with repeatedly unfinished and broken mechanics every patch...or perhaps one of the Wardens. I melted my Tali bomber for a Harbinger a while back when I got bored with it never being finished.
If I melt and rebuy my game package I'll have a Freelancer DUR which is a really good ship apart from looks, and cockpit view. Also sitting on a Freelancer DUR->Cutlass Blue CCU. We'll see, for now I'm just waiting and testing ships when they drop on the PTU.

There is no armistice zone there. I was waiting for him to buy cargo. Whats the fun in blowing up an empty ship? :)

Looks like he was powered up the whole time, can see his shields are up. I was using ballistics which go through shields.

I noticed you had got rid of the Attritions for the GT's :)

I've kept a few here and there but went for GT 220's or badgers on some stuff. Rhinos or Revenant mixes for the size 4's like the Connie etc.

...And seal clubbing? No issue with it since I do it myself on occasion... but I thought you were better than that :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom