Discussing the sex of the Angels, Pa ? Please, do know that they haven't, you heretic Brit !! ;) . Besides the flamigera sword. Definitely St Michael (Brookes ?).
Hades is right at his place as King of The Underworld. Not really mixed, as upper left quadrant is Greek, center is Norse, lower right Lovecraftian, upper right is Christian or... what?

Ofc not. But showing off such a monstrous tattoo might very well inform us about what the person is fan of. Which in the case of MB could be very interesting. It's like... espionnage ?

This.
A series about a guy who had his body tattoed with all the information, maps, clues, etc.. he will later need to escape from the prison he was about to enter. Great series !
Might have inspired MB... up to a point ?

Mm, far-fetched plot device! he would have to carry a mirror (actually two, large) to see what’s tattooed on his back! That would be awkward in the escape tunnel!😁

Disagree, the angelic being (sexless or otherwise) at #16 has no sword so can’t be Archangel Michael (and in the distant past I dated a couple of angels who were definitely female 😇; also a few harpies! 👿) . #10 has a spear, as does the one to the left at #9, though the two to the upper right at #9 do have swords. I’d go for the larger one as Michael. 🧐

Scytale

Banned
In the actual tattoo pic, look closer, it has no sword because it isn't drawn yet, I think. Like the unfinished wing. In the original paper pic, the flamigera sword appears clearly. Seems that MB couldn't resist any longer to show off his new tattoo, even when not fully completed. Time to have those old goggles checked, Pa ? :p
Those "female angels" you say you dated, don't look very "Catholic" to me... ;)
Nah, Han_Zen is usually pretty reliable.
Mmhh.. Herr Professor-Doktor makes bad mistakes, sometimes. He brought me here when The Rift thread closed !

Last edited:
In the actual tattoo pic, look closer, it has no sword because it isn't drawn yet. Like the unfinished wing. In the original paper pic, the flamigera sword appears clearly. Seems that MB couldn't resist any longer to show off his new tattoo, even not fully completed. Time to have those old goggles checked, Pa ? :p
Those "female angels" you say you dated, don't look very "Catholic" to me... ;)

Mmhh.. Herr Professor-Doktor makes bad mistakes, sometimes. He brought me here when The Rift thread closed !

Catholic? No, I suspected the harpies were presbyterians 👹

Getting confused which pic we’re talking about. Where were those links?
Edit: this is where/what he announced as the tattoo he was going to get (angel betewwen tree & gates has no sword) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/ua-mystery-thread-4-the-canonn.195658/post-3111550

The Cultofme blogspot (http://thecultofme.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-space-inbetween-preview.html) - “The Space Inbetween” preview- is where he said the image was drawn by an artist and “previews the story of a book I have planned called 'The Space Inbetween'...The detail in the image is incredible and captures the flow of the story”. That image also shows no sword. Did he change it for the tattoo? What’s the reference? Got to have consistency for meaningful discussion!! 😁

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
Presbyterians ? You were fooled, Pa ! But I think there is no place here to restart the Wars of Religion. Let's just wait for the Bre.. to be completed, before that. :LOL:
On the actual photo of MB's back there is no sword.. yet. In the model drawn pic, there is. Flamigera sword has flames for blade. "When we pray the St. Michael prayer, we are like the angel in Book of Genesis with, “a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way (3:24)."

Last edited:
Presbyterians ? You were fooled, Pa ! But I think there is no place here to restart the Wars of Religion. Let's just wait for the Bre.. to be completed, before that. :LOL:
On the actual photo of MB's back there is no sword.. yet. In the model drawn pic, there is. Flamigera sword has flames for blade. "When we pray the St. Michael prayer, we are like the angel in Book of Genesis with, “a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way (3:24)."

Hey, I’m a Yorkshireman- we’re still fighting the War of the Roses! (No, not the tin of chocolates brought at at Xmas, that’s a separate recurrent conflict that breaks out every 25th December!)

I went back to your original post (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-7990649) but still can’t see any flemigra. Which tattoo image are you talking about?

Edit: googled “a cherub (or the archangel Uriel in some traditions) with a flaming sword was placed by God at the gates of Paradise after Adam and Eve were banished from it (Genesis 3:24).” Uriel, not Michael!

Scytale

Banned
Yeah, pretty unclear. Anyway, following different traditions, writings, paintings and statues, both Michael and Uriel are depicted wielding some flaming sword of sorts, and guarding the gates of Paradise, Eden or whatever. Only MB could tell which one he wanted to represent on his tattoo. Or..any theologian here ? :ROFLMAO:
No Uriel in EDSM... In ED ?
What you may be calling a flaming sword I was thinking might be vines....😁
Vines ? Grape vines ? Yeah.. That's our Ol'Pa ! ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty unclear. Anyway, following different traditions, writings, paintings and statues, both Michael and Uriel are depicted wielding some flaming sword of sorts, and guarding the gates of Paradise, Eden or whatever. Only MB could tell which one he wanted to represent on his tattoo. Or..any theologian here ? :ROFLMAO:

Michael is Regulus and Uriel is Antares.

Scytale

Banned
See that ? Was enough just to ask !
Antares/Uriel isn't far from the Bubble ... Is it "guarding the entry to.. something" ?
Naah... 328 ships passed through Antares space, including 1 ship in the last 7 days.

The course remembers me of Dante's Commedia. Except the 3rd part "Himmelssphären" - Sorry what's that in English? - Just saying, no further ideas.
"The space inbetween" is described as: John Milton meets H P Lovecraft in an epic tale of cosmological horror. So ya i assume its "Paradise Lost" ( also has a description of hell) with the battle between the Angles and the Deamons (in this case the Old Ones) and shows the layers of Hell with Satan/ Nameless Horror trying to escape.
Parts of Lovecrafts book "Through the gates of the silver key" remind me of this too. Mans own inquisitiveness and science being the key to opening the gates and release the old ones. Is mans science also good enough to close the gate again? Would be a fun read.

Last edited:
I haven't had much time for ED lately but I've finished looking in the immediate vicinity of the Cat's Paw nebula for systems with two M stars (only) and an Earth-like World, without finding one (my guess of what the Winking Cat might be guiding people to). The number of systems with only two M stars is not either too many to make searching the immediate vicinity of the nebula too time-consuming (though if you start looking too far away that happens) and they are not so rare either that there is a trivial number to search. I think I must have searched 20+ MM systems, keeping within about 60LY of the nebula. I might have missed one or two. A couple had biological sources planetside that turned out to be bark mounds. I didn't find any notable stellar phenomena nearby (though I did run into a system with two near the Bug Nebula, appropriately, on the way out).
I've returned to the vicinity of the Bubble. Apparently, untagged systems can be found just a couple of hundred LY out from Sol. I'll look for the same thing here, picking an odd angle to head in (the Coma Berenices constellation seems a good starting point).

Preferably after distillation! 🤪

Red highlighted letters can be rearranged? (countdown don't fail me now!)
Unfortunately, I have no idea what to rearrange them into.
Also, where can I get a copy of the Necronomicon? I definitley don't want to wake Cthulhu or anything... :rolleyes:

Shining Trapezohedron? I can't remember exactly what it did, but lovecraft did have a lot of novel ideas about space and aliens and hedgehogs (except not the last one).
Could Lovecraft be a part of the clue? or am I taking the above post too seriously?
Too seriously 😂.. Just for fun. And you wouldnt want to know what i had to do to get a copy of the neconomicon.... Shining trapezohedron was from "Haunter of the Dark"

Top Bottom