The "Can I Run Planet Coaster" thread

Reply to Answer

Hey SirDuarte!

With those specs you can run the game without problems! However, it is almost impossible to tell how much FPS you will get since it depends on many different factors (part count, ride count, guest count, etc) and not really the size of the park overall. However, with those specs you will have no problems getting acceptable performance on high settings in a 'medium' park. Note that the game will slow down the more objects you place, more rides, guests etc and no matter how strong your computer is, you will always reach its limits with this game. [tongue]

So, to have an Idea , can you please show what is a medium Park in a pic , and you said is acceptable in high Settings, is high Settings the best graphic Settings or is there an ultra one , and
Is acceptable , good or very good.

Thx you.

Reply to Answer

Hi, You said that is acceptable in high Settings , so is high Settings the best graphic Settings or is there a better one ?

And is acceptable, very good or good and in a medium normal Park , What Fps look like too have an Idea .

And for Last can you please show an Medium Park pic, Please, to have em Idea.

Thx you.

Hi, You said that is acceptable in high Settings , so is high Settings the best graphic Settings or is there a better one ?

And is acceptable, very good or good and in a medium normal Park , What Fps look like too have an Idea .

And for Last can you please show an Medium Park pic, Please, to have em Idea.

Thx you.

I see the framerate as acceptable when it's 30 fps or higher. There are ultra settings in the game as well, but the difference between high and ultra isnt that big and the game looks very good even on low settings. I don't have a picture of a medium park right now but you can play the game just fine, don't worry about that.

Last edited:
Settings

Ok , so Which graphic , game and interface Settings would you recommend to me , acording to my laptop Specs , in order to get Great performance aswell as quality ?

Finally for Last

Last , but not least , Should i also change game nvidia settings (if so , which Settings should i put ) or leave it like it is ?

And Last , How Many Guests , does a Medium Park , have ?

Thats all i need .

Thx you.

Guys please answer.

Last , but not least , Should i also change game nvidia settings (if so , which Settings should i put ) or leave it like it is ?

And Last , How Many Guests , does a Medium Park , have ?

Thats all i need .

Thx you.

Guys please answer.

You can easily run it on high settings. After a while the game might become more sluggish at which you could change the settings to medium to see if it improves.

FPS rates and playability is all determined by:

- the amount of (triggered) objects
- the amount of guests
- the amount of shops
- the amount of rides
- the amount of facilities.
- your style of building the park

So nobody here can tell exactly how the game would run or what FPS you would reach, but with your specs you would be safe for quite a while.

Medium park would be aprox 6000 guests and 10-15 rides.

Last edited:
I was wondering if I could run planet coaster on

CPU: Intel Core i7-4650U, 3300 MHz.
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5000.
RAM: 8 GB.
Storage: 512 GB.

It’s a surface pro 3 and would like to know if I cpull at least get some solid FPS.

I was wondering if I could run planet coaster on

CPU: Intel Core i7-4650U, 3300 MHz.
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5000.
Storage: 512 GB.

It’s a surface pro 3 and would like to know if I cpull at least get some solid FPS.

To be honest, probably not.

The Intel HD Graphics 5000. is a integrated chip, and you need a dedicated graphics card (Nvidia or AMD) with at least 2 GB of VRAM.

There have been cases where the game runs on integrated chips, but performance drops really fast.

Last edited:
To be honest, probably not.

The Intel HD Graphics 5000. is a integrated chip, and you need a dedicated graphics card (Nvidia or AMD) with at least 2 GB of VRAM.

There have been cases where the game runs on integrated chips, but performance drops really fast.

How much FPS do you think I would get? Honestly this game looks fantastic but never have had a chance to play it because of my hardware.

Not Sure

Can i run on bootcamp in a 1tb harddrive with:

Screenshot at Aug 19 13-00-22.png

Or should I look at a gaming laptop if so what are some cheap recommendations?

Can i run on bootcamp in a 1tb harddrive with:

View attachment 1407

Or should I look at a gaming laptop if so what are some cheap recommendations?

Realistically, it can't hurt to Install windows via bootcamp and give it a shot! I have similar specs in my Macbook Pro as follows:
View attachment 1459
View attachment 1460View attachment 1460

While running bootcamp I'm able to achieve about 30-40 FPS with the lowest settings at 1440x900, and I haven't really messed around with larger parks on it yet, but hey its playable! [yesnod]

Also keep in mind that Im running a mobile graphics chip (the GT 600M series), While yours is running the full fledged desktop chip. Your screen resolution (2560x1440) will require more video ram, therefore performance may be worse.

If you're looking for some cheap gaming laptops that will get the job done, I recommend the dell Inspiron 15 7000. They pack a lot of power into a laptop for the price. This is a good example: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Ins...1631&wl11=online&wl12=493189197&wl13=&veh=sem

with a GTX 1050 and up, it wont run the game at MAX settings 60FPS, but the performance over the Imac will be night and day.

Old thread I know...but would I be able to play Planet Coaster with:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Storage: 1TB HDD -128GB SSD

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Old thread I know...but would I be able to play Planet Coaster with:

CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Storage: 1TB HDD -128GB SSD

Hello,

Your CPU base frequency is 2.30 GHz which is a bit below the minimum requirement of the Intel i5 2300 with 2.80 GHz. However, your CPU has a turbo frequency of 4.00 GHz so with that you will be able to play the game. The other components are fine.

Please be aware that playing with larger parks will lead to lower FPS.

Im still running it on a below minimum spec PC. It works good if i do not use to many pieces. Or if my park isn't to crowded. But for me it is fine to just create themed attractions. Best advice i can give with a low spec pc is reduce that resolution. It will help a great deal. Also from a distance don't expect everything to look realy detailed. Some objects will fade out early coz of performance.

Also my pc is gonna struggle hard when the object limit is above 150k. Add people and it will be worse. Add alot of trigger events and it will reduce performance to. Same goes for lot of rides.

But if you do not mind building themed attractions and small areas. And if you don't care for not being able to build complete parks you can run this on 1360x768 resolution with specs:

Windows 10
Intel CPU I3-2120 (3.3Ghz)
Dual 8GB
GeForce GTX 550Ti

But like i said. Don't expect giant creations from it. But you still can build themed attractions and experience the game. And in my opinion the game looks even good on the lowest of low settings. And if you keep the object limit low then you can have 1000 people in your park and it still runs fine enough.
Here a screenshot of how the game looks on my old pc:
20190522134708_1.jpg

Last edited:
Acer - Aspire 3 15.6" Gaming Laptop - AMD A9-Series - 12GB Memory - AMD Radeon R5 - 1TB Hard Drive... Looking into purchasing this laptop would it be able to run Planet Coaster? Thanks in advance!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Acer - Aspire 3 15.6" Gaming Laptop - AMD A9-Series - 12GB Memory - AMD Radeon R5 - 1TB Hard Drive... Looking into purchasing this laptop would it be able to run Planet Coaster? Thanks in advance!
Yes, you will be able to run Planet Coaster, but please be aware that the game performance will be lower when playing with large parks.

Enjoy! :)

Help needed. Will my nvidia geforce 710 run PC?
Ive been on a couple of sites that say it wont. Pc is 8gb mem i7 etc but not sure on the card

Top Bottom