The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I should mention I also have a small 60GB SSD that is entirely used for a page file and nothing else...not that I really need it with the amount of RAM I have...but it's there none the less.

In other news...Top Star Citizen comment of the week goes to a guy I met in the game chat last night on an Aussie server...talking about the current flight model, gimbal assist, etc...

He said (coffee snorting moment in chat) " PvP ship combat used to be fun...now it's like 2 drunk guys trying to kill eachother with sharpened bananas.."

Personally...in all the PvP nonsensery, I've developed a pathological hatred for the Fortnite kiddies flying Sabre Ravens in tandem and spamming EMP's just to irritate me. I spend more time floating with no shields frantically trying to turn everything back on than I do killing the little darlings. In a 1 v 2 against those $50 little peasant ships...there's no chance of watching both of them, the second you lose track of one, he'll zoom in behind you and fire off the EMP leaving you floating helplessly while his buddy knocks a few bits off your ship at his leisure....fire up the ship again, still no shields...and..ZAP!... you're floating helplessly watching your ship fall to bits all over again.

I'd love to catch one of the little dears, rip the EMP off his annoying little peasant ship, shove it in a body orifice and set it off hoping it welded his braces together so his future Big Mac Happy meals would have to be ingested via a straw :rolleyes:

I remember that promotional video about the Sabre Raven, with that dude shutting down an entire city just so he could enjoy the silence (thank God nobody has that capability in real life . . . hospitals etc., anybody?).

Seems like they did not balance that so well. Of course, it DOES punch "above its weight class" (ducks and runs for cover.) :D

(BTW, do youths these days wear braces in their exhaust ports? That's where you might want to shove that punter's EMP... ;) )

I decided to post about my 600i. I bought 3 size 5 Galdereen Laser Repeaters, they are very nice and pack a decent punch! It has been several days of Bounty hunting in her and tonight I decided to RON (rest over night) at Levski amongst the local. Here is what she looks like now.

You can see my inner structures starting to show here.

Back end is looking just as bad!

I'm on my third 600i since the 3.6 wipe. 1 insurance claim from a CAT collision, the other from an asteroid!
Her fuel was down to 66%, as I have not refueled her at a station since Hydrogen fuel is expensive. But, currently she sits at 74%, gained some back with my fuel scoop. To refuel her from 74% - 100% is 5K! So almost 1 bounty mission, as I'm doing the 8-10K missions with her.

As for logging off, I've been staying in Levski (for some reason, I'm not sure) and on the ship itself. So far 100% log off in ship success when I do it, which is not every day. Key for her is do a jump, get about 1,000,000 miles out and turn off the engines. Then go to bed in the front right crew bed.

I decided to post about my 600i. I bought 3 size 5 Galdereen Laser Repeaters, they are very nice and pack a decent punch! It has been several days of Bounty hunting in her and tonight I decided to RON (rest over night) at Levski amongst the local. Here is what she looks like now.

View attachment 143440

View attachment 143441
You can see my inner structures starting to show here.View attachment 143442

View attachment 143443

Back end is looking just as bad!View attachment 143444

View attachment 143445

I'm on my third 600i since the 3.6 wipe. 1 insurance claim from a CAT collision, the other from an asteroid!
Her fuel was down to 66%, as I have not refueled her at a station since Hydrogen fuel is expensive. But, currently she sits at 74%, gained some back with my fuel scoop. To refuel her from 74% - 100% is 5K! So almost 1 bounty mission, as I'm doing the 8-10K missions with her.

As for logging off, I've been staying in Levski (for some reason, I'm not sure) and on the ship itself. So far 100% log off in ship success when I do it, which is not every day. Key for her is do a jump, get about 1,000,000 miles out and turn off the engines. Then go to bed in the front right crew bed.

Translation into skeptic speak:

jmp came to talk about his spaceship he paid $435 real world dollars for.

He outfitted it (never been done before!) and of course, they punch above their weight.

He's been using it to bounty hunt (one of the few semi-viable activiites in SC at the moment where you stand a chance of actually completing what you set out to do). Note, no mention of travel times though.

He decided to rest among the locals (no idea what this means, perhaps just sit on the landing pad and take screenshots).

Ah, screenshots!

Showing off damage model. Fidels!

He's on his third rebuy, which is pretty much irrelevant when you can respawn for cheap, just wait for the immersion timer, and it all gets wiped anywy.

Fuel is expensive... yeah, we heard. Ouch, refuling 25% of the tank costs as much as a bounty run... if it remains like that when it goes live i can imagine some salt.

Respawning at last location apparently works sometimes. A major milestone!

Need to do a jump, get some distance, turn off engines, and choose a specific bed to log off in though. Funny.

Just sometimes... when I'm doing the stuff that nobody else seems to do... that's not obsessively shooting eachother in the face or running drugs that is... like exploring a moon...I actually like this project.

The magic Germans certainly added some nice bits and pieces and don't get near enough credit... with all the focus being on broken stuff and ship sales. Like everyone else, I tend to forget that until I go look...

Yup, i just wish they could add more spawn locations so we do not have to take 20 minutes of our time just to GET to the location we want to spend 10 minutes in to look at.

I mean, some of the landscapes are damn nice but sometimes with all the bugs GETTING there is the hard part.

View attachment 143440

View attachment 143441

View attachment 143443

View attachment 143445

Most resilient equipment lighting in game history? Not sure what this is. "Weld here" indicator?

Just sometimes... when I'm doing the stuff that nobody else seems to do... that's not obsessively shooting eachother in the face or running drugs that is... like exploring a moon...I actually like this project.

The magic Germans certainly added some nice bits and pieces and don't get near enough credit... with all the focus being on broken stuff and ship sales. Like everyone else, I tend to forget that until I go look...

rGqxbLF.png

q4A88rM.png

This do look very nice, the ice shader reminds me of certain concept art for certain other game where I suppose to land on things ;)
Seriously nice pictures and kudos to folks responsible for planet surfaces at SC studio for creating this environment. Hows the FPS on planets btw?

Translation into skeptic speak:

jmp came to talk about his spaceship he paid $435 real world dollars for.

He outfitted it (never been done before!) and of course, they punch above their weight.

He's been using it to bounty hunt (one of the few semi-viable activiites in SC at the moment where you stand a chance of actually completing what you set out to do). Note, no mention of travel times though.

He decided to rest among the locals (no idea what this means, perhaps just sit on the landing pad and take screenshots).

Ah, screenshots!

Showing off damage model. Fidels!

He's on his third rebuy, which is pretty much irrelevant when you can respawn for cheap, just wait for the immersion timer, and it all gets wiped anywy.

Fuel is expensive... yeah, we heard. Ouch, refuling 25% of the tank costs as much as a bounty run... if it remains like that when it goes live i can imagine some salt.

Respawning at last location apparently works sometimes. A major milestone!

Need to do a jump, get some distance, turn off engines, and choose a specific bed to log off in though. Funny.

Oh look Agony Aunt, “a confessed paid by DS to bash SC, on contract” has yet another comment on how I spend my money! You need to learn how to let it go. You should really go back and read all of your comments since I bought it and realize it’s over man, I’ve already spent the money.

But, since you love giving me financial advice, here is my latest discussion with my wife you can weigh in on:
Do I buy the Tesla Model X normal version or do I spend the extra $20K on the performance model?

The normal version goes 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, while the performance one does it in 2.7! What are your thoughts? After we solve this issue, then we can move on to the fence or tropical oasis landscape debate we are having too!

dont be so touchy jmp, he was funny...you know what fun is right? claiming thats what you play SC for I thought your sense of humor was EPIC but maybe that only counts for inside the game or when you are marketing for it?

This do look very nice, the ice shader reminds me of certain concept art for certain other game where I suppose to land on things ;)
Seriously nice pictures and kudos to folks responsible for planet surfaces at SC studio for creating this environment. Hows the FPS on planets btw?
Pretty good outside of the city space ports like Lorville or Area 18 where player concentrations and a gazillion walking scenery NPC's tend to be. I never have the silly numbers on my screen in any case...if I can't see the joins or draw something faster on screen with crayons...I'm happy. I had 7 odd years on a locked 30FPS Xbox, so frame rates have never figured into my gaming that much on PC.

Last edited:

View attachment 143440

View attachment 143441

View attachment 143443

View attachment 143445

I like the addition of the damage models... but I'd prefer if there was more active feedback in the cockpit when it's happening though. Dogfights seem to be going fine and then a sudden boom when you blow up for no apparent reason.

And Levski..my home port. I hope you paid the relevant rich people taxes for parking that thing there ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom