Yes, exactly. The original edlaunch.exe and a copy of it. The first has my login details for my main account, and the second one for my secondary account. The two launchers remember their respective login details, and it all works as before. No other files duplicated. Hopefully it keeps working for me!

That’s exactly what I had before and now no longer works. Weird!

may as well earn your farthings - arx while you wait - exploration isnt broken, and 800k worth of data got me 100arx, so it seems quite lucrative (if thats really the term for 1yrs worth of grind for a ship kit..)

was going to say sorry for going off-topic but alas too late, hopefully we can drag it back by page 627...anyway. these Arx points, did you get them while scanning/mapping or just when selling the data, Ive scaned mapped a few today, played for a few hours and as far as I can tell earned a grand total of 3 ARX, whoopee! So please tell me its when you sold the data? I mean, be honest and tell me the truth but be aware of my feelings if you get 100 and I get 3 and just dont rub my face in it :)

An inverted pyramid of speculation resting on a pin of fact.

Absolute genius, I'm nicking that phrase!

ARX = RAX! We are half way there folks its an obvious clue!

To the road! To the journey!
To that which is sought, and to that which is found.
To Raxxla!

To those who were banished, and to those who overcame.
To the unification, to the singularity,
To Raxxla!

To those who were lost, yet found their way,
To those who passed amongst the stars,
And to those who remain.
To Raxxla!

To the relics of a bygone age,
Those we inhabit and those we find.
To the blessing and the curse,
To Raxxla!

To the stories untold, but the stories found,
To the nature, and to the heart,
To that which happened, yet never known,
To that which to hear can not be told,
To that which glisters, but is not gold,
To that which unfolded and may yet unfold,

To Raxxla!
To Raxxla!
To Raxxla!

(Source unknown)

The thing is... When they made these statements, people knew what they were doing, as some part of the Quest was a tiny little bit obvious.
It's past times. (The 'what a silly question'- thing only shows embarassment. Just look a their face !)
Who can pretend, now, that he knows what he is doing ( beside "questus interruptus" :oops:) ?
No one knew what they were doing back then. We still don't know. The founder missions were never part of a quest for Raxxla.
If you read the mission texts in hindsight, the are most likely just a foreshadowing of the Guardians. Just like Halsey's visions.

That could of course be the same thing. We may just not have found the Guardian location that contains the Portal / Omphalos rift / Construct, we are looking for?

was going to say sorry for going off-topic but alas too late, hopefully we can drag it back by page 627...anyway. these Arx points, did you get them while scanning/mapping or just when selling the data, Ive scaned mapped a few today, played for a few hours and as far as I can tell earned a grand total of 3 ARX, whoopee! So please tell me its when you sold the data? I mean, be honest and tell me the truth but be aware of my feelings if you get 100 and I get 3 and just dont rub my face in it :)
I'm sorry to say that they were earnt by cashing the carto in, not by scanning itself - same with bounties - killing ship=0 handing bounty is what gets you ARX

Big poke in the eye for long range explorers - can't beleive FD have been so short sighted to not realise that folk who go into the black for a month can earn max 400 ARX in that month (unless they sell the carto in dribs and drabs over the following weeks, preventing them returning to the black again). Very poor design.

Is anyone surprised that FD has created another system that does not fit with how their player base uses their product? They have dropped the ball on development for this game and seem to be too apathetic to pick it up.

The state of this patch only reinforces my belief that FD at one point was going to implement a Raxxla quest line, decided to go with Thargoids instead, and quietly shut down the Raxxla mystery by making it flavor text in the codex.

Is anyone surprised that FD has created another system that does not fit with how their player base uses their product? They have dropped the ball on development for this game and seem to be too apathetic to pick it up.

The state of this patch only reinforces my belief that FD at one point was going to implement a Raxxla quest line, decided to go with Thargoids instead, and quietly shut down the Raxxla mystery by making it flavor text in the codex.
Thargoids were of course planned from day one. They are a core element of Elite. The Guardians were probably planed from the start as well.

I don't think there has ever been any plans to make a quest for Raxxla. It was put in the game in a hidden location and not much more has been done. FD are probably perfectly happy with no one finding it at all. When they drip feed some hints it's more to keep the interest up, than to actually help us find it.

The Zurara wasn't found even though it was only a few ly of the RR line. That one was meant to be found and we still had to be given the system name, to discover it.

I would not expect this to change. They may drop a hint or two from time to time, but we can't expect to be lead there.

I'm sorry to say that they were earnt by cashing the carto in, not by scanning itself - same with bounties - killing ship=0 handing bounty is what gets you ARX

Big poke in the eye for long range explorers - can't beleive FD have been so short sighted to not realise that folk who go into the black for a month can earn max 400 ARX in that month (unless they sell the carto in dribs and drabs over the following weeks, preventing them returning to the black again). Very poor design.

Wow is this correct? Shouldn't this be brought up on the Arx thread...this is terrible and ultimately renders it a redundant element to us explorers.

Scytale

Banned
The founder missions were never part of a quest for Raxxla.
So, a certain celestial body, you know what I am telling about, The Myth would not be Raxxla but.. a Guardian thing ? meh... Guardians never were any "myth".
If you read the mission texts in hindsight, the are most likely just a foreshadowing of the Guardians. Just like Halsey's visions.
That could of course be the same thing. We may just not have found the Guardian location that contains the Portal / Omphalos rift / Construct, we are looking for?
So ? Were E/F missions related to Raxxla or not ??
I don't think there has ever been any plans to make a quest for Raxxla.
Not a quest. Just a journey everyone has to take for himself. Or MB lied.
... it was only a few ly of the RR line.
A "few ly" out of a line that is thousands of Ly long.... And not even in EAFOTS..LoL !

Last edited:
from RAXXLA Codex:-

Several versions of the Raxxla story mention an alien artefact, the Omphalos Rift, described
as a gateway or tunnel through which parallel universes can be accessed. These details
however, were later shown to bear a striking resemblance to children's story Princess
Astrophel and Spiralling Stars, and soon lost credibility. Undaunted, some Raxxla
seekers insisted that the story's author had cunningly concealed facts about the
mysterious locale in his book as hints for those with eyes to see.

Princess Astrophel and Spiralling Stars
= PASS

- this just jumped out at me as being odd, especially considering the text at the end:

Undaunted, some Raxxla
seekers insisted that the story's author had cunningly concealed facts about the
mysterious locale in his book as hints for those with eyes to see.

FDev state it exists and they know why nobody has found it - because its locked behind an access permit perhaps?

So, a certain celestial body, you know what I am telling about, The Myth would not be Raxxla but.. a Guardian thing ? meh... Guardians never were any "myth".

So ? Were E/F missions related to Raxxla or not ??

Not a quest. Just a journey everyone has to take for himself. Or MB lied.

A "few ly" out of a line that is thousands of Ly long.... And not even in EAFOTS..LoL !

I think the mission givers(NPC) thought they were on to Raxxla with the SAP8, crystal maps. In reality they seem to be very similar to Guardian technology.
From FD perspective the missions served a dual purpose of sparking interest in Raxxla and foreshadowing the Guardians. We will never know the full story, because the first Guardian ruin was discovered before the planed narrative had time to play out.
The E/F missions were cut when they no longer had a function in the narrative.

A journey can be anything. We always have to do them our self(unless mulicrew works). :)

Wow is this correct? Shouldn't this be brought up on the Arx thread...this is terrible and ultimately renders it a redundant element to us explorers.
Nah ... just jumped 5 M stars, then 3 NS, all Ms and 1 NS was 1st discovery by FSS, did FSS only along the way. Also did 1 time module repair. Gave me 4 arx it says.

Last edited:
from RAXXLA Codex:-

= PASS

- this just jumped out at me as being odd, especially considering the text at the end:

FDev state it exists and they know why nobody has found it - because its locked behind an access permit perhaps?

I suspect it is in a permit locked system, one of the six in the bubble. And I think TDW grant the permit once their test has been successfully completed. Unfortunately we don’t know what that entails.

Top Bottom