The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
u4UDBNP.jpg

Don't laugh...but there's an accountancy app under the gameplay section of the roadmap...

View attachment 143865

How can you show us that and then say don't laugh?!

Well, i suppose with the amount some whales have spent an in-game accountancy app might be useful for doing their tax calculations. I wonder if they can flag their JPGs as a business expense?

Jesus... 3.9 as well. I'd be laughing in this was on the roadmap for version 10.0 after release!

Niven & Pournelle wrote hand terminals and apps 30 years before they became a thing for real; Chris writing about them 20 years after that means that his and their imagination have one number in common and are obviously about on par with each other.

Same as when Chris invented a race of space-faring warrior cats threatening to invade the Sol system 20 years after Niven invented a race of space-faring warrior cats threatening to invade the Sol system. Again, one number in common, and thus pretty much equivalent in terms of inventiveness.

It's 900 years in the future and apparently we're still using "apps".

Star Citizen lore really is the worst.

Wait til the pipelines really ramp up and Genuine Roberts invents "programs" - there will even be one written in LOGO to bring the fiber to that rack!

If you get into the special upgrade path you might even get to experience "Programmes" - which is only for the ultra-rich but is really a French affectation.

It's only a matter of time. Buy an 890 Jump!

Last edited:
Niven & Pournelle wrote hand terminals and apps 30 years before they became a thing for real; Chris writing about them 20 years after that means that his and their imagination have one number in common and are obviously about on par with each other.

Same as when Chris invented a race of space-faring warrior cats threatening to invade the Sol system 20 years after Niven invented a race of space-faring warrior cats threatening to invade the Sol system. Again, one number in common, and thus pretty much equivalent in terms of inventiveness.
Chris Roberts isn't capable of having an original idea...everything he's got has been plagiarised from anything science fiction he's read, seen or heard about since seeing Star Wars...well...maybe not the reading part, that's stretching things a bit much. :unsure:

Last edited:
Chris Roberts isn't capable of having an original idea...everything he's got has been plagiarised from anything science fiction he's read, seen or heard about since seeing Star Wars...well...maybe not the reading part, that's stretching things a bit much. :unsure:

I can't really argue with you there my dear Mole - but remember back to the original Kickstarter pitch? Original designs, a new take on established themes, a unique living and breathing 'Verse with it's own in-depth and deeply multiplicious lore, all demonstrated as real game assets rendered in real time in engine? Remember all the stretch goals? Remember all the push for release in 2014?

Instead all we have is lulz, MOAR lulz, and zero games, :D

I can't really argue with you there my dear Mole - but remember back to the original Kickstarter pitch? Original designs, a new take on established themes, a unique living and breathing 'Verse with it's own in-depth and deeply multiplicious lore, all demonstrated as real game assets rendered in real time in engine? Remember all the stretch goals? Remember all the push for release in 2014?

I do indeed...but instead of all that, we got Star Citizen, the real time YouTube drama series :D

Last edited:

You forgot that 'verse was cribbed from Firefly. :p

Stranger than fiction...I met the 'real' Vaijero (according to him) in the PU tonight...although he also plays E-D...he insists our very own Vaijero is a clever fake. Even stranger...he was flying an 890J yuppie yacht :oops:

Asked me to pass on a hug however...

I'm betting it's the same person...just pulling my leg... he insisted he knew me from ED and being a fuel rat. Since I've never mentioned ever being a rat...even on here as far as I recall, it's very strange :p

zcTPYNk.jpg

Last edited:
Stranger than fiction...I met the 'real' Vaijero (according to him) in the PU tonight...although he also plays E-D...he insists our very own Vaijero is a clever fake. Even stranger...he was flying an 890J yuppie yacht :oops:

I'm betting it's the same person...just pulling my leg...since he insisted he knew me from ED and being a fuel rat. Since I've never mentioned ever being a rat...even on here as far as I recall, it's very strange :p

zcTPYNk.jpg

Never knew you were a rat either.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

I'm betting it's the same person...just pulling my leg... he insisted he knew me from ED and being a fuel rat. Since I've never mentioned ever being a rat...even on here as far as I recall, it's very strange :p

lol wut?

zcTPYNk.jpg
AH, but there's a subtle difference, that makes all the difference! ;)
Viajero here and Vaijero there.

Ship rental rates:

Edit: Note he mispeaks when he quotes the 7 day prospector price. It's 863,000 but he accidentally says millions.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom