But what we cant see is that - on the back of the icon it says :

"Take back one plank to honor the gatekeeper, whose Iynx this is."

U0Q5JYh.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of those with eyes to see...just pondering "To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies"
one answer could be Beta Cas (Tycho's nova SN 1572) which, as Jaiotu discovered, strangely isn't in-game!
MB did answer that question after the mapping project of the Cas A / Cas G hunt stating that FD simply didn't utilise that star catalogue.

I do concur it would be a good candidate; that nova appeared in the sky during the time of Philip Sidney and was very prominent, the constellation matches 'to an extent' to Astrophel and Stella (link). But if MB says its not in game...its not in the game.

Then again the nebula wouldn't be visible if it was as it would have dispersed by then but Cas G is a rouge star, flung out by the nova....would be a cool candidate....but if MB says it's not in game...

Last edited:
I'm not big on ED Lore. Is there anything behind the "Guardians of the Free Spirit" who live in Van Maanen's star system?
Only found one story - The Commander Jupiter story- that Han_Zen mentioned recently, which I think is fan-fiction rather than official ED Lore.
The lore story in galmap is that it was granted to them by the Federation in 2480. Is this date significant??

Scytale

Banned
I do concur it would be a good candidate;
Way too far out in the deep black, imho.
Raxxla should be very close/inside the Bubble. Already a known myth when Humans started long range exploration.
2014: "We know why Raxxla hasn't already been found". Would be a not pertinent comment, at that time, if Raxxla was far away. Imho.
But, again, FD proved many times that consistency is not a thing in ED..
So..

I'm not big on ED Lore. Is there anything behind the "Guardians of the Free Spirit" who live in Van Maanen's star system?
Only found one story - The Commander Jupiter story- that Han_Zen mentioned recently, which I think is fan-fiction rather than official ED Lore.
The lore story in galmap is that it was granted to them by the Federation in 2480. Is this date significant??
I think its part of Elites background ascetic hermit/cults who populate various systems... Im still waiting to see actual Rock Hermits... But groups like the Far God etc or the Church of KumByar from FFE have been around. I havent seen anything specific about the Guardians of the Free Spirit though.

The story of Captain Jupiter is official Fe:2 lore. Same as the story of Jaques.

All the old lore, including the FFE journals and the Gazetteer, can be found on: http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/

If you read all of the 'Stories Of Life On The Frontier' you see that som of the characters appear in several stories. Captain Jupiter is one of them.

Ok thanks to this post I now know what Raxxla is and where to find it:
All we need now is LAX and we can push this thing through...

Arx are a virtual currency earned by sitting in frobt of your screen just as Aurline bonus miles are earnt.

LAX is an airport in western America.

So Raxxla (or ARX LAX) are a frequent flyer lounge at LAX. Obviously, it is the Star Alliance lounge there.

I heard it is a nice atmosphere there and they serve free cookies.

Anybody able to confirm?

Ok thanks to this post I now know what Raxxla is and where to find it:

Arx are a virtual currency earned by sitting in frobt of your screen just as Aurline bonus miles are earnt.

LAX is an airport in western America.

So Raxxla (or ARX LAX) are a frequent flyer lounge at LAX. Obviously, it is the Star Alliance lounge there.

I heard it is a nice atmosphere there and they serve free cookies.

Anybody able to confirm?
If services at LAX are the same as SFO in the Star Alliance lounge, I can confirm the cookies. If not, I'm lost here. Never been to LAX.

Well, after combing the site (on Olela 3) for a while, besides a scanned message worth 750k, a damaged escape pod and a few random crates (algae, food cartridges etc.) this is what i found concerning the "server banks":
View attachment 136383 View attachment 136384
I also found these markings on the case:
View attachment 136385
In case it's difficult to read, it says "Recovery beacon" below the red glowing light; most likely it's just a black box/flight recorder, attached to the big metal piece, programmed by FD to read "server banks".
This was the scanned message:
View attachment 136386

I managed to capture the sound (I think).

But for some damn reason I cannot paste the link to it here from my phone. Hold on.

I give up.

The story of Captain Jupiter is official Fe:2 lore. Same as the story of Jaques.

All the old lore, including the FFE journals and the Gazetteer, can be found on: http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/

If you read all of the 'Stories Of Life On The Frontier' you see that som of the characters appear in several stories. Captain Jupiter is one of them.
Very cool - I totally missed the 'Stories' !
I will return and endeavor to not pollute any Free Spirit with my non-industrious ambitions :cool:

Ok because I cant let the Jewel on the brow of the Mother of Galaxies go....

Reverting to the Holy book of the Dark Wheel Page 23:
Elyssia sniggered. 'What god or goddess do you believe in?' 'Randomius Factoria .. .' Alex muttered. 'Me too .. .'
Later on page 39 Elyssia exclaims:
'Holy Mother of the Stars!'

So assuming she is invoking the goddess she believes in: Randomius Factoria is Holy Mother of the Stars...

Next step - who is Randomius Factoria? The lady fate .. Greek goddess Tyche / Roman Fortuna and also associated with the Wheel of Fortune... (not the game show)

An aspect of Tyche is that she is often adorned with a Mural Crown which symbolized a walled city... maybe an atlantis or eldorado ?

A utopia on the brow of the mother of galaxies ? Who rules in the first recorded idea of a utopia - the utopia of Plato's Republic?... the Guardians.

Ok because I cant let the Jewel on the brow of the Mother of Galaxies go....

Reverting to the Holy book of the Dark Wheel Page 23:
Elyssia sniggered. 'What god or goddess do you believe in?' 'Randomius Factoria .. .' Alex muttered. 'Me too .. .'
Later on page 39 Elyssia exclaims:
'Holy Mother of the Stars!'

So assuming she is invoking the goddess she believes in: Randomius Factoria is Holy Mother of the Stars...

Next step - who is Randomius Factoria? The lady fate .. Greek goddess Tyche / Roman Fortuna and also associated with the Wheel of Fortune... (not the game show)

An aspect of Tyche is that she is often adorned with a Mural Crown which symbolized a walled city... maybe an atlantis or eldorado ?

A utopia on the brow of the mother of galaxies ? Who rules in the first recorded idea of a utopia - the utopia of Plato's Republic?... the Guardians.
Okey ...1 question ... what is "Holy book of the Dark Wheel" ? I played Elite in 1991 around ...and still have no idea what is it :D
Good management assumes, new players 9-10 years old can find Raxxla too ...

Top Bottom