In my last game session I complete a tip-off mission from an anonymous stranger after completing some "Founder or Elite" ranked mission for TDW, now I have an "Rescue Mission - Occupied Escape Pods" from another TDW allied partner 'Future of Arro Naga' that I haven't run missions for in quite a while but is on my tracking spreadsheet as having completed FoE missions previously.

Coincidence?

Does anyone know if the mission stack was re-vamped in the September update to offer more random missions directly to pilots?

Or am I being covertly tested...since I've never had one of these before (one can only hope!)?

Ok thanks to this post I now know what Raxxla is and where to find it:

Arx are a virtual currency earned by sitting in frobt of your screen just as Aurline bonus miles are earnt.

LAX is an airport in western America.

So Raxxla (or ARX LAX) are a frequent flyer lounge at LAX. Obviously, it is the Star Alliance lounge there.

I heard it is a nice atmosphere there and they serve free cookies.

Anybody able to confirm?

Used to work on occasions in USA & flown via LAX a few times. Last one was in 2014 when the baggage xray machine broke the zip on my rucksack. Aggressive Rogue AI perhaps?
The only gateway to alien worlds I saw was the departure gate for the Canadian flight...
No Dark Wheel station.
Wasn’t terribly impressed with the business class lounge.

In my last game session I complete a tip-off mission from an anonymous stranger after completing some "Founder or Elite" ranked mission for TDW, now I have an "Rescue Mission - Occupied Escape Pods" from another TDW allied partner 'Future of Arro Naga' that I haven't run missions for in quite a while but is on my tracking spreadsheet as having completed FoE missions previously.

Coincidence?

Does anyone know if the mission stack was re-vamped in the September update to offer more random missions directly to pilots?

Or am I being covertly tested...since I've never had one of these before (one can only hope!)?

Theres an investigation of TO missions over at the Raxxla Hunter's discord - Dja and many other putting in a lot of effort - fine work. I'm sure you will get an answer there..

Ok because I cant let the Jewel on the brow of the Mother of Galaxies go....

Reverting to the Holy book of the Dark Wheel Page 23:
Elyssia sniggered. 'What god or goddess do you believe in?' 'Randomius Factoria .. .' Alex muttered. 'Me too .. .'
Later on page 39 Elyssia exclaims:
'Holy Mother of the Stars!'

So assuming she is invoking the goddess she believes in: Randomius Factoria is Holy Mother of the Stars...

Next step - who is Randomius Factoria? The lady fate .. Greek goddess Tyche / Roman Fortuna and also associated with the Wheel of Fortune... (not the game show)

An aspect of Tyche is that she is often adorned with a Mural Crown which symbolized a walled city... maybe an atlantis or eldorado ?

A utopia on the brow of the mother of galaxies ? Who rules in the first recorded idea of a utopia - the utopia of Plato's Republic?... the Guardians.

It depend on how you define the Randomius part.
If you look at randomness as deterministic and you apply a Newtonian / Einsteinian understanding to the universe, the gods and goddesses of fate are applicable. Particularly the Spindle of Necessity form The Myth Of Er, in Plato's Republic, seem fitting. In that case, Ananke and the Fates are the ruling deities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananke

If you look at randomness as non deterministic, applying a quantum mechanical understanding, I think we probably have to look in the darker regions of mythology. In Greek tradition, this would be going all the way back to Chaos it self.

As the entire game of ED is based on deterministic randomness, I lean slightly to the first explanation. Raxxla is special though. It cold be different. 🤷‍♂️

Coincidence?

I would chase it down personally. Who knows if its specifically the invite you want? but it sure can't hurt your rep with them.

Theres an investigation of TO missions over at the Raxxla Hunter's discord - Dja and many other putting in a lot of effort - fine work. I'm sure you will get an answer there..

There’s also a TO thread, that I think Macros started.

It depend on how you define the Randomius part.
If you look at randomness as deterministic and you apply a Newtonian / Einsteinian understanding to the universe, the gods and goddesses of fate are applicable. Particularly the Spindle of Necessity form The Myth Of Er, in Plato's Republic, seem fitting. In that case, Ananke and the Fates are the ruling deities.

If you look at randomness as non deterministic, applying a quantum mechanical understanding, I think we probably have to look in the darker regions of mythology. In Greek tradition, this would be going all the way back to Chaos it self.

As the entire game of ED is based on deterministic randomness, I lean slightly to the first explanation. Raxxla is special though. It cold be different. 🤷‍♂️
True i am just seeing alot of the symbology being used is taken from the platonic descriptions ... Also I imagine the idea that from a mathematical seed the universe is created - fits in nicely with someone creating a procedural galaxy. Further, I think we are looking at the neoplatonic tradition which incorperates a wider variety of mystery cults... Much room for chaos... But ya im just playing around looking for a common theme.

Ok because I cant let the Jewel on the brow of the Mother of Galaxies go....

Reverting to the Holy book of the Dark Wheel Page 23:
Elyssia sniggered. 'What god or goddess do you believe in?' 'Randomius Factoria .. .' Alex muttered. 'Me too .. .'
Later on page 39 Elyssia exclaims:
'Holy Mother of the Stars!'

So assuming she is invoking the goddess she believes in: Randomius Factoria is Holy Mother of the Stars...

Next step - who is Randomius Factoria? The lady fate .. Greek goddess Tyche / Roman Fortuna and also associated with the Wheel of Fortune... (not the game show)

An aspect of Tyche is that she is often adorned with a Mural Crown which symbolized a walled city... maybe an atlantis or eldorado ?

A utopia on the brow of the mother of galaxies ? Who rules in the first recorded idea of a utopia - the utopia of Plato's Republic?... the Guardians.

If you read Terry Pratchett's Discworld series (one of my fav), you'd see The Lady (Luck) vs Fate. The idea of Probability vs Predestination. Free will vs Determinism. The Lady has green eyes & Fate has black eyes. A common motif and I'd expect as good writers, they'd have all done a deep dive. Everything that good writers write about is deliberate. Same with Douglas Adams & THGTTG with the Heart of Gold.

Heart of Gold was powered by an infinite improbability drive, if I remember correctly? upon activation the ship would pass through every point in the universe, and eventually and improbably end up at its destination. Of course, things inside the ship would go oo. Is the key to finding raxxla to build an infinite improbability drive?

Which the Infinite Improbability Drive is of course a golden box, The Heart of Gold for which the ship was named after. It is also called the Golden Bail of Prosperity used in the Wikkit Key to open the Slo Time Envelope.

Metaphors overwritten on top of metaphors again and again like a palimpsest.

By now the mythology should be obvious to a few. The "past" is a map which points to the "future" if you stand at the correct location in spacetime and look up. Various articles in Galnet seems to hint at this.

Perhaps the "past" is all an elaborate SOS sent by one of The Missing, much like the stranding of Arthur Dent & Ford Prefect.

Top Bottom