What other games are we all playing?

When it came out, I didn't bother with Neverwinter Nights. Bad solo campaign, focused on multiplayer and user-made stuff before I had a proper home Internet connection (dialup, ugh...), and ugly blocky graphics when coming from the Infinity Engine titles. It all screamed 'meh'.

Picked up the EE on the cheap a while ago after looking into it and seeing the availability of both premium modules of better quality than the original campaign as well as a lot of player-made modules to pick from on the Vault. And damn... I feel like I fell down the rabbit hole... Now, the graphics still have the engine's blocky style, and the awful UI takes some getting used to, but wow, I'm absolutely amazed by the quantity and quality of player-made modules, from small short adventures to full blown 50-100h campaigns, some completely open ones, some with pre-made characters, some focused on a given race/class...

I'm at the point where after completing another module, I toy with the idea of playing another game for a bit, yet inevitably end up downloading another NWN module. Waiting that long paid off big time: the game cost me €4, and I'm drowning in mods. :D

The idea behind NWN was always better than its execution, IMO. NWN2 was better, but that's not ever likely to be remastered. :(

TW WH2 Hunter and Beast. Is OK - but only half. Can't get into Nakai campaign (Is Horde and you give all territory to AI vassal that doesn't build shat). Never played TW WH1 so Empire was kinda interesting to try. Highlight: Kalara huntress story arc. In fact the little story arcs add to the game - for me at least. I loved playing Queen Khalida campaign.

Crone and Queen - Iz like: Sexy half-naked elf murder ladies - that's what I exactly need. And handmaidens. Yes. Started with the murder elves first tho.
I'm doing Vortex campaign with Tomb Kings right now and it's great fun. Highly recommend if you've not done it yet :)

I'm doing Vortex campaign with Tomb Kings right now and it's great fun. Highly recommend if you've not done it yet :)
Vampire Coast is hilarious fun but Tomb Kings are simply the best. Try Queen Khalida. She loves her Goddess so much. Not a fan of Skaven gameplay but the faction VOs are done with so much detail. I often begin playthroughs and then stop them midway in - only Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast I have completed. Multiple times even.

Vampire Coast is hilarious fun but Tomb Kings are simply the best. Try Queen Khalida. She loves her Goddess so much. Not a fan of Skaven gameplay but the faction VOs are done with so much detail. I often begin playthroughs and then stop them midway in - only Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast I have completed. Multiple times even.
I tried Queek for Skaven, and got my bottom handed in about 15 turns. I'm going to try again another time since I kinda like Skaven.

Currently having some good old shoot-everything-that-moves fun with Gears 5 on pc. Graphics ludicrously good, the UE4 is far better used on titles like that than Fortnite :p.

And for just 1 € the first month of Xbox Game Pass, it's not a deal, it's a steal.

Currently having some good old shoot-everything-that-moves fun with Gears 5 on pc. Graphics ludicrously good, the UE4 is far better used on titles like that than Fortnite :p.

And for just 1 € the first month of Xbox Game Pass, it's not a deal, it's a steal.
Any word on the release of 3.0 and the new Split DLC for X4? I played the game for about 100 hours right after it released, but ultimately put it up until it had a chance to mature. Kind of thinking that when these parts arrive I might give it another try.

Sadly nothing more than the extremely generic "later this year". There's quite a bit of stuff being added (reportedly size of the universe should almost double), but I'm waiting for it to know more as anyone else. Also planning on starting a new game once it comes out, Split ships have always been more up my alley, I've never been that good at trading :devilish:...

Sadly nothing more than the extremely generic "later this year". There's quite a bit of stuff being added (reportedly size of the universe should almost double), but I'm waiting for it to know more as anyone else. Also planning on starting a new game once it comes out, Split ships have always been more up my alley, I've never been that good at trading :devilish:...
Yeah, I'm going to start a fresh game, too. Fingers crossed that the auto pilot & turret logic gets some much needed love.

So my game-history the last months....
  • mixed Subnautica with Elite
  • entered Battlemech hype-train: all things Mech-Warrior
  • turned old-school: StarWars Galactic Battlegrounds
  • attended games-back-log: Hunted, Witcher 3
  • now mixing Planetside 2 and something complety different
  • Offworld Trading Company!

And Offworld Trading Company is what entertains me most atm. It's some pretty witty build up - off-world stock-market rts thingy - and it's hard.

There is a new DLC for Offworld Trading Company out now, called Market Corrections, that let's you host free multiplayer games. Basically only the host needs a pay copy ... for others it's free to play now... or so.

However I am not good enough yet for multiplayer competiton.

Also having an eager eye on Planet Zoo...

Top Bottom