[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 - A Journey of Discovery

Regardless of formal recognition in the expedition and the like, it can still be fun making it out to Beagle Point for your own account. Had a great time navigating the last ways across The Abyss and finding a more suitable route on the way back.

Just my 2 cents worth. Happy trails, Commanders.

Sorry, I don't have access to the Sol system, and it's kind of on the other side of the galaxy from where I am at the moment anyway. Might want to check in the regular exploration section of the forums, if you haven't yet.

Well CMDRs, I just arrived back at my home base in the bubble after completing the journey to Beagle point. I'd like to thank all of those I met on the journey. This has been a great experience and I plan to keep playing as part of the Fleetcomm. I look forward to the next journey with this great group of explorers.

Just a follow-up and a thank-you to Dr. Kaii. I've got the Certificate and the Decal Code redeemed. Thanks a lot!

Just in case it isn't obvious - Kaii is working hard to tie up all the loose ends. Have patience as I did. He's getting it all done. ^_^

Well CMDRs, I just arrived back at my home base in the bubble after completing the journey to Beagle point. I'd like to thank all of those I met on the journey. This has been a great experience and I plan to keep playing as part of the Fleetcomm. I look forward to the next journey with this great group of explorers.

Congrats on making it back home. I'm curious how many credits people have earned from this expedition? I'm sill 35,000 light years away from the bubble and making slow progress. Will I be rich beyond my wildest dreams when I sell all the scanned data I have ? :unsure:

Congrats on making it back home. I'm curious how many credits people have earned from this expedition? I'm sill 35,000 light years away from the bubble and making slow progress. Will I be rich beyond my wildest dreams when I sell all the scanned data I have ? :unsure:
I certainly didn't do it for the money but in total I made a little over a billion credits from the DW2 trip.

The sign writers did a pretty poor job of painting on the decal :(

gTxywnY.jpg

Good to hear and good to have someone ‚around‘ 👍😎👍 Had little time to move around last months, but still looking for a new ‚max distance to Sol‘ system from time to time, so routing along the outer borders. See you at some point in time...

There's now a Beagle Point beacon in space near the main star commemorating DWE2:

"Distant Worlds II was an ambitious five-month expedition to the far outer rim. It launched from the Pallaeni system in January 3305 and reached its final destination of Beagle Point in May 3305. The purpose of the expedition was to unravel the mysteries of the galaxy, and to construct a startport at Sagittarious A*.
This beacon marks the final Distant Worlds rendezvous point, which was visited by 3,747 Commanders during the expedition."

20190927014403_1.jpg20190927014422_1.jpg

Last edited:
Did you drop off a Mug for each jump through the Abyss? Follow the Mug; For the Mug!
Not quite, but I did drop one or two at each Waypoint. At times unsuspectingly - dropped one, then drove a ways away and watched people puzzle over what a Mug was doing in the middle of nowhere and how it had gotten there LOL.

The Abyss is boring with a 40+ LY range ship. I found it pretty neat plotting through it during DW1.

The Abyss is boring with a 40+ LY range ship. I found it pretty neat plotting through it during DW1.
Depends on where you cross. Coming back from the rim I touched the western perimeter at times. With 55 ly range it took me three weeks of manually plotting boosted jumps. Stopped opportunistically to gather materials, otherwise I'd have run out of germanium for sure. Definitely a neat experience!

Top Bottom