Scytale

Banned
First mention of Raxxla is in Tau Ceti in 2296, but already a myth by then according to the codex.
Yeah, this. "According to the Codex". Because according to The Dark Wheel novel, that "myth" was unknown to Alex Ryder... therefore, it would be logical to assume, unknown to most of the people.

Anyway, from Wiki:
This timeline covers events from the first three games of the Elite series as well as novels. There are some discrepancies* between events listed and their representation in the fourth and current game, Elite Dangerous.

*I bet there are.

Last edited:
Yeah, this. "According to the Codex". Because according to The Dark Wheel novel, that "myth" was unknown to Alex Ryder... therefore, it would be logical to assume, unknown to most of the people.

Anyway, from Wiki:
This timeline covers events from the first three games of the Elite series as well as novels. There are some discrepancies* between events listed and their representation in the fourth and current game, Elite Dangerous.

*I bet there are.

“ Most of the people”? Not necessarily. Don’t think you can safely draw that conclusion. I think it might have been bar chat amongst pilots & flight engineers/mechanics, but we know from the codex some members of TDW kept their children in the dark about the group & that might also apply to Raxxla.

Anyway, from Wiki:

*I bet there are.
Alex was a simple boy from the old worlds. It’s not strange that he hadn’t heard a thousand year old myth from the Sol region.

Scytale

Banned
Far-fetched, Pa and min Herre.
Alex already was an accomplished pilot having spent hours in station bars all over the Bubble when Zetter enlightened him. And Codex is not the novel, that is my point.
Not much of a myth if a myth of Sol region... only. And only in the childish Star Wars can a young jerk appear as an ace pilot without having left his crappy desert planet ever.
No, Raxxla wasn't a myth. It was a secret... in the novel.

Last edited:
Alex already was an accomplished pilot having spent hours in station bars all over the Bubble when Zetter enlightened him. And Codex is not the novel, that is my point.
Not much of a myth if a myth of Sol region... only. And only in the childish Star Wars can a young jerk appear as an ace pilot without having left his crappy desert planet ever.
Myth to some, secret to those in the know. In the 2100's we get FTL. By 2296 Raxxla becomes myth.

What events transpired between first FTL and 2296? Therein lies our answers.

Try to track down tourist beacons with relevant information if possible, it seems the best way to validate pre-modern info (Holdstock, etc.).

Edit: If Alex didn't know about Raxxla until Zetter told him, then it appears that the stories hadn't really travelled too far from the first few colonies. I'd start there.

Last edited:
Myth to some, secret to those in the know. In the 2100's we get FTL. By 2296 Raxxla becomes myth.

What events transpired between first FTL and 2296? Therein lies our answers.

Try to track down tourist beacons with relevant information if possible, it seems the best way to validate pre-modern info (Holdstock, etc.).

Edit: If Alex didn't know about Raxxla until Zetter told him, then it appears that the stories hadn't really travelled too far from the first few colonies. I'd start there.
196 years is plenty of time for new rumors to spread and become a new myth, thats true, but a new secret hasn't had time by then to be completely obscured by those, if any, who would try to obscure it. The evidence would still be fresh, and harder to obscure. Thats why im of the opinion the "dreams" of Halsey and Gan are more like messages/signals. THEY were the original clues to Raxxla. They may have been happening for Eons. Raxxla may not be anywhere near the Bubble (personal guess is CD-37 10033).
There could be some shred of evidence still out there that points the way. Canonn was on to something by following those listening post after the Codex was released. We just need to uncover the next clue of the thread (likely in Maia)! Being invited to the Dark Wheel, and/or discovering their base will be the next major step after.

196 years is plenty of time for new rumors to spread and become a new myth, thats true, but a new secret hasn't had time by then to be completely obscured by those, if any, who would try to obscure it. The evidence would still be fresh, and harder to obscure. Thats why im of the opinion the "dreams" of Halsey and Gan are more like messages/signals. THEY were the original clues to Raxxla. They may have been happening for Eons. Raxxla may not be anywhere near the Bubble (personal guess is CD-37 10033).
There could be some shred of evidence still out there that points the way. Canonn was on to something by following those listening post after the Codex was released. We just need to uncover the next clue of the thread (likely in Maia)! Being invited to the Dark Wheel, and/or discovering their base will be the next major step after.
In 40 years the horrors of WWII became myth to an entire country.

In 196 years anything can be turned to myth. Especially so, if only a few ever really knew the whole truth. That's how most myths start, with someone who knows of a secrets existence, but not what is secret.

To track a myth you need the source. The trail for Raxxla starts for us in Tau Ceti in 2296. Tau Ceti leads us to the early days of FTL between 2100 and 2296. If Raxxla exists, it all started between those dates.

In 40 years the horrors of WWII became myth to an entire country.

In 196 years anything can be turned to myth. Especially so, if only a few ever really knew the whole truth. That's how most myths start, with someone who knows of a secrets existence, but not what is secret.

To track a myth you need the source. The trail for Raxxla starts for us in Tau Ceti in 2296. Tau Ceti leads us to the early days of FTL between 2100 and 2296. If Raxxla exists, it all started between those dates.
Well ...RAXXLA is not created by humans it seems, it is discovered.Also we know that initial FTL could drop u in wrong time/space (for example back by 300 000 000 years to dynos). So ....you could find raxxla anywhere by bad drop out.

You have to remember that the TDW novel is also a myth. It’s not factual lore.
It’s more like a children’s story, with conceled facts. ;)

Scytale

Banned
That's exactly the point of my original post and the wiki quote, min Herre ;)
Building a time line and drawing conclusions involving facts from the previous games and novels leads to unsolvable and misdirecting inconsistencies in ED.(except DW's, they are canon we were told, but no Raxxla in them, FD orders)
There is a pre-ED Raxxla and there is (?) an ED Raxxla. I suspect that the first will turn out to be much more appealing than the latter...
FD, what have you done with The Myth ?
This. All what we have. The Codex.
Then ED Raxxla should be (?) inside the Bubble. Besides, 2014: "..we know why Raxxla hasn't already been found. " The Very Old Guard might tell us if there were listening posts already back in the gamma. Boss ? But, anyway, the journey may have evolved since.

Last edited:
@Jorki - A lot of what you say is the same search I went on, that Wing Mission vid is so close that it may be i imagined it on that one, but Im sure there was a previous one or segment in one before that but cannot track it down hence retracted.

Timeline - makes sense if they are sticking to the lore.
Codex - May actually all be part of a bigger lie to obfuscate the truth, at least in certain parts, who writes it in lore and who writes it in RL and are they RP? too many questions so have to take at face value with healthy dose of skepticism and ability to drop it like a stone if evidence points otherwise. Evidence leads theories, theories don't lead evidence.
Little bit obvious - I have come to my own conclusion that this means it must be 'visible' almost certainly through the FSS, if it puts out less power than a Tourist Beacon 100K LS away I'll be impressed. So to me the FSS has the final word as to what is in system, Still use my eyes but 99.99% 'believe' FSS is the clue / hint / tool needed.
The playing map is astronomical - it could be anywhere and the chances of anyone finding it within 100 years at random I dont know but i wildly speculate is near to 0.00 something. Theres no reason it wasnt in the game at the start and isnt accessible without any special equipment or pernits. this holds up in lore as well, nothing says anything special is needed or any pre-requirements, apart from maybe knowledge, maybe not necessarily.
Mis-jumps - Im too far away with too much data to test this in case it blows up the ship and somebody must have thought of it before but is it possible to cause a mis-jumo by cancelling the Frameshift Drive at a specific point, you can cancel up to the actual countdown and there may be a fractional point at which it makes the jump 'crash' somehow? Very doubtful, very very doubtful but just wondered and too scared to test it atm.

That's exactly the point of my original post and the wiki quote, min Herre ;)
Building a time line and drawing conclusions involving facts from the previous games and novels leads to unsolvable and misdirecting inconsistencies in ED.(except DW's, they are canon we were told, but no Raxxla in them, FD orders)
There is a pre-ED Raxxla and there is (?) an ED Raxxla. I suspect that the first will turn out to be much more appealing than the latter...
FD, what have you done with The Myth ?

This. All what we have. The Codex.
Then ED Raxxla should be (?) inside the Bubble. Besides, 2014: "..we know why Raxxla hasn't already be found".

Pre-ED Raxxla = Planet, portal and evil men. TDW is searching, but haven't found it.
ED Raxxla = Dull moon, portal (omphalos rift) and sinister cabal or sole tyrant. TDW is searching, but haven't found it.

Not much have changed. Mainly because there isn't much to change. The entire 'old lore' consists of a few sentences in TDW. ED lore consisted of nothing except vague hints, up to the release of the codex.

FD have said mis-jumps are not in ED.
Having done two long-distance deep space runs following interpretations of the codex toast, and prior to that spent several months trying to match star patterns to the start video in the assumption that was a clue, I have recently come to the hypothesis that the codex’s 8th moon is misdirection, that Raxxla is in the bubble, probably hidden by a permit lock, there’s a test to get that permit and the toast leads to the start of that test. I think the test will involve specific missions and mission givers who will not reveal it is all part of a DW test until it’s passed. If it’s failed then presumably there will be no indication you were participating in any test....😕

What I’m pondering is whether alternative missions might be offered by other mission givers as distractions & if accepted that will cause failure of the test.

And here I am with my left arm in a sling and champing at the bit to get back into game. Bah humbug! 🤬
Hopefully in a few days I’ll be able to operate the hosas again (with limited dexterity)

And I’m fully expecting Raxxla to be a mildly disappointing easter egg. No omphalos rift, no portal (cos there are no other galaxies in game), no twisted evil men ..... though it might be a Guardian arkship, and help to explain the Mars Artifact.
But the search is fun!

Last edited:
@Jorki - A lot of what you say is the same search I went on, that Wing Mission vid is so close that it may be i imagined it on that one, but Im sure there was a previous one or segment in one before that but cannot track it down hence retracted.

Timeline - makes sense if they are sticking to the lore.
Codex - May actually all be part of a bigger lie to obfuscate the truth, at least in certain parts, who writes it in lore and who writes it in RL and are they RP? too many questions so have to take at face value with healthy dose of skepticism and ability to drop it like a stone if evidence points otherwise. Evidence leads theories, theories don't lead evidence.
Little bit obvious - I have come to my own conclusion that this means it must be 'visible' almost certainly through the FSS, if it puts out less power than a Tourist Beacon 100K LS away I'll be impressed. So to me the FSS has the final word as to what is in system, Still use my eyes but 99.99% 'believe' FSS is the clue / hint / tool needed.
The playing map is astronomical - it could be anywhere and the chances of anyone finding it within 100 years at random I dont know but i wildly speculate is near to 0.00 something. Theres no reason it wasnt in the game at the start and isnt accessible without any special equipment or pernits. this holds up in lore as well, nothing says anything special is needed or any pre-requirements, apart from maybe knowledge, maybe not necessarily.
Mis-jumps - Im too far away with too much data to test this in case it blows up the ship and somebody must have thought of it before but is it possible to cause a mis-jumo by cancelling the Frameshift Drive at a specific point, you can cancel up to the actual countdown and there may be a fractional point at which it makes the jump 'crash' somehow? Very doubtful, very very doubtful but just wondered and too scared to test it atm.
I was trying to cancel jump long ago, no success. It is game loading screen in fact. Buttons are blocked.
Most u can do close the game and then u login back to source or to destination + fuel used. So if game keep crashing on jump, you may get out of fuel.

Last edited:
Exactly. Zetter tells us what Raxxla is supposed to be.I assume FD has little though some respect for RH's creation and will give us a Raxxla that opens an entire new uncharted and fog of war designed galaxy. 😊
Something completly different.

How similar would you say Sidney and Cygne sound, in French?

Sidney, “a snowie Swan of heavenly hiew”.

I was trying to cancel jump long ago, no success. It is game loading screen in fact. Buttons are blocked.
Most u can do close the game and then u login back to source or to destination + fuel used. So if game keep crashing on jump, you may get out of fuel.

This was a bug along time ago. Network issues etc caused game to crash “during” a jump so you relogged in to find still at jump start but the fuel had been used. FD fixed this bug! If you're experiencing it again now then do raise a bug report!

Probably Raxxla is a locked system in the Bubble. And parts of that toast are keys to surrounding systems to asqire permit. Not a really surrounding but maybe with some idea.

Other thing is that part with "parent's grief" etc. It is keys also. What is our parents as a commanders? The Pilot Federation. So this step lead us to make PF grief somehow. Second thing is lover's woe. Woe of all our minor and major factions that loves us for tons of quests and things we did. So we should make them to hate us. Third piece of the puzzle is most hard to explain. We should discard our vagabond hearts.

Good theory. But I believe what in that great thread someone already try it.

Top Bottom