"State of the Game" Beluga blocking Jameson lol

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The last protest was done because of cheaters, and because many people felt Fdev wasn't doing enough about it. Whether you agreed with it or not, there was a point to it. This is about... bugs? lmao

What an infantile way to get attention. Some people are upset because they are experiencing bugs, and you just want to make their day even worse by blocking access to Jameson? There is no point here. It's just a child stamping his feet and standing rigidly in-place until his parents come pick him up (Fdev bans him), all because he didn't get his way. We've all been in the supermarket and seen it happen before.

The last protest was done because of cheaters, and because many people felt Fdev wasn't doing enough about it. Whether you agreed with it or not, there was a point to it. This is about... bugs? lmao

the fact that the exact same trainer still works flawlessly is actually a quite strong point in itself, totally worth it. should happen every week until this is fixed if you ask me. it not only gives more reason to the protest, it's actually quite fitting and adds quite a bit of irony and hilarity to the stunt.

What an infantile way to get attention.

it seems it got yours. doesn't surprise me, this reasoning is actually quite infantile:

Some people are upset because they are experiencing bugs, and you just want to make their day even worse by blocking access to Jameson? There is no point here. It's just a child stamping his feet and standing rigidly in-place until his parents come pick him up (Fdev bans him), all because he didn't get his way. We've all been in the supermarket and seen it happen before.

so they have to "live with bugs" quietly so you don't have to go through the unimaginable ordeal of switching mode to dock at one station in the game, for a few hours. sorry, mr mature, i only see one child stamping here and that's you.

Isn't it like you driving to work and then you stopped by some "activists" sitting in the middle of the road, smoking pot and blocking entire street "for people's good" and you know that you might be fired for not showing up on time and you just thinking about running them over?
Uh, I got the impression he was referring to left leaning, stoner hippie flower children types as activists, not minorities protesting injustice. And then you suggest that he secretly wants to run over these people? Wow. Maybe your comment says more about you and your own prejudices.
In my lifetime, and certainly in recent years, the only protests that regularly make the news in the US for blocking traffic is the Black Lives Matter movement. The sarcasm quotes are a common written device to clue us in that he wants us to read between the lines because he can't overtly say what he's implying. My suggestion was a paraphrase of his post, which I've included here for you in case you missed it. Italics added for effect. Also, just cuz it was pretty clear the first time and so you don't miss it the second time, here it is in his own words: "...just thinking about running them over?"

All jokes aside: this is about the response PvP players who constantly complain about chronic, non stop clogging "Yeah, we're totally on top of it!" from support. Frontier's approach to cheating is a joke.
PvP is completely inconsequential in this game. Other than a potential loss of credits, there is no other impact to losing a PvP encounter. If you come across a cheater, block them and move on.

Botting may unfairly influence BGS or PP, and they should definitely sort that out. But as far as this type of hacker is concerned, I don't think it's that big a deal. It certainly wouldn't be high on my priority list if I were in their shoes.

so they have to "live with bugs" quietly so you don't have to go through the unimaginable ordeal of switching mode to dock at one station in the game, for a few hours. sorry, mr mature, i only see one child stamping here and that's you.
Is the entrance blocking fixing the bugs?

the fact that the exact same trainer still works flawlessly is actually a quite strong point in itself, totally worth it. should happen every week until this is fixed if you ask me. it not only gives more reason to the protest, it's actually quite fitting and adds quite a bit of irony and hilarity to the stunt.

it seems it got yours. doesn't surprise me, this reasoning is actually quite infantile:

It got my attention becuse of how ridiculous it is. Let's stage a protest every time we get an update with bugs, but not in a way that punishes the devs. In a way that trolls players to get attention. I have a hard time finding "hilarity" in this stunt, and you're right... That's exactly what this is. A stunt. It's not getting any bugs fixed faster. It's just a distraction based on a temper tantrum.

But here comes the new age parent to help the child throw a temper tantrum though, and to redefine what maturity is because people disagree with the child's immature stunt. What a stupid Pee Wee Herman argument. "I know you are but what am I?"

You obviously didn't comprehend what I said either. I'm saying the people he is blocking station access to are the ones dealing with the bugs. He's just throwing another annoyance in their way until the bugs are fixed. These are also KNOWN bugs and have been addressed as such. Some people can't even wait a week without flipping out or doing something like this. It's not making Fdev move any faster. I'd argue it does NOTHING except get this guy a possible ban. You all need to take a chill pill and wait for a fix, or just quit playing Elite. I mean, that would probably give Fdev more incentive to fix things quickly. A good, old fashioned boycott and a sharp drop in active player numbers. Not some ego stroke video akin to Darkside Phil ranting about how terrible the devs are.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commanders,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. As we have stated previously, the use and promotion of hacks/cheats within Elite Dangerous is in violation of our EULA and Code of Conduct, and the use of such will be investigated on a case by case basis.

While we do not comment on individual accounts, we can confirm that this report has now been reviewed through our anti cheating team. Many thanks.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom