Notice Mission Board Softlock

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

Today we introduced a workaround to address the issues players have been experiencing with the Mission Boards. These changes will stop commanders experiencing the 'soft lock', bringing functionality back to the mission boards. As a side effect of this workaround, each faction will have one mission that players will not be able to access, even though they should meet the requirements. Commanders will be able to access the other missions, and we are continuing to investigate a long term fix. We will update you with any changes as soon as we can.

The server is back up now, and we thank you for your patience whilst we have been looking into this. If you do have any further issues please let us know on the Issue Tracker.

It's good to see progress. Here's hoping for a long-term fix soon. Appreciate a fix being rolled out before the weekend.

Is there any way to distinguish what this "block" mission is, or will it be just a mission we can't do?
In "the other Thread" there was missions mentioned "take 500 1st. Class passengers" or donate 40M credits when you are allied...i think These are the missions

Greetings Commanders,

Today we introduced a workaround to address the issues players have been experiencing with the Mission Boards. These changes will stop commanders experiencing the 'soft lock', bringing functionality back to the mission boards. As a side effect of this workaround, each faction will have one mission that players will not be able to access, even though they should meet the requirements. Commanders will be able to access the other missions, and we are continuing to investigate a long term fix. We will update you with any changes as soon as we can.

The server is back up now, and we thank you for your patience whilst we have been looking into this. If you do have any further issues please let us know on the Issue Tracker.
I am lucky personally, not having to do any missions or having gameplay affected by the current bugs (I'm just flying to different systems, trying to help with this). I guess it's a period with frustration for everyone, so I'd like to offer my thanks for every effort you (FD) make to clear this mess. Please hear the community suggestions regarding betas, etc.

lemon_8ohkm4.jpg

lemon_5n5kfg.jpg

Can report that passenger and donation missions are still bugged. Also those mission require allied reputation but can't be accepted even if the player is allied with said faction.

Frontier can you restart the servers again? Maybe you'll get it right this time around.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Probably the donation mission requesting 40M credits or the PAX mission requiring 500 tourists to be transported. :giggle: Smiles aside, I'm happy to be able to take on some missions for much needed Exquisite Focus Crystals so thanks for the interim fix FDev.(y)

Hey Rock Hunter

Yup, that's right. There will be one of these for every faction. Pleased that the work around is avoiding the soft lock issue and we're working on a more permanent solution.

lemon_8ohkm4.jpg

lemon_5n5kfg.jpg

Can report that passenger and donation missions are still bugged. Also those mission require allied reputation but can't be accepted even if the player is allied with said faction.

Frontier can you restart the servers again? Maybe you'll get it right this time around.

Heya! Thanks for raising this. This is actually the work around in practice, these are the missions that will allow us to avoid the locking/freezing which players were experiencing, as mentioned in Stephen's post.

Top Bottom