FPS Drops

For the last few months I have had an issue where the FPS drops drastically, from maybe 50 FPS down to 8 or 9 FPS. The FPS drop only lasts a couple of seconds, and then it goes back up to a normal level. This repeats every few minutes. It happens in both large parks and also blank maps. I completely wiped my hard-drive and reinstalled Windows and Planet Coaster. As far as I can tell, there are no other processes running in the background on my computer, and I have updated my computer's graphics drivers. Any idea what could be causing this?

I have a new computer and for a while Planco was running much better but I am starting to have slow downs not related to saves again. Very sad.

Thanks for the replies.

I was also thinking it could be autosaves, but I went into the save_remote.config file and the autosave is set to occur each 7200 seconds (or every two hours). Also, when I look at my park files on the main menu, I don't see any autosave files (and "Hide Autosaves" is not checked).

(As an experiment, I changed the autosave frequency to be 60 seconds, and doing this did cause the FPS drops to occur every 60 seconds, and I can see the autosave files in the main menu. So, when I get one of these FPS drops, it's behaving like the game is doing an autosave, even though it's not actually creating an autosave file).

denuvo

shhh were not allowed to talk about it

everything is running perfectly according to plan
inb4 "I get 12fps but it's playable"

In all seriousness: try maybe cleaning up the installation and only install the most needed stuff. If you have 1000+ workshop items etc things might get slow

Thanks for the suggestions. I only have a few workshop items, maybe 10 or less.

I'm going to play around with Borderless/Fullscreen/Windowed mode next to see if that helps.

It seems like tinkering with the Borderless and Fullscreen settings has helped. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Top Bottom