General / Off-Topic Recycle or Die! (the elite environmental thread)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Scientists financially supported by industrial lobbies probably.

There are also many doctors who support the ideas from pharmaceutical industry lobbies.

As in the 60s or doctors advised to smoke cigarettes because it was good for the health.

View attachment 146606

Destroy the environment by overexploitation of resources, over-pollution, overconsumption, it does not matter because there is no urgency, because you will be dead before major disasters.

Your children and your grandchildren ? What importance ?
I love it when you guys play this game of "My scientists are better than your scientists!" Because that's all this is on your part: a big fat game of confirmation bias.

i really find it amusing, just how Gullible the crazy climate changers are!!
heck!! it would not suprise me how many of you thought there was Russian collusion too.
give it time and the truth of who(?) has been behind the Agenda to push Climate change will be revealed
.. and again the dummies will be revealed once again!!

It is beyond the comprehension of some, that we have traversed into a period of Deception and corruption that has never been on such a scale... that when the Science think tanks or Media machine tell you something... you believe it without QUESTION!!
Half of you probably dont even know who is running the United Nations behind the scenes!!

It truely amazes me!!

Last edited:
I love it when you guys play this game of "My scientists are better than your scientists!" Because that's all this is on your part: a big fat game of confirmation bias.
Have the honesty to recognize that countless scientists, politicians, international organizations that alert about global warming are much more prestigious than the 500 wacky who want to be noticed.

It's all about consensus and expertise, having a title not related to climate change doesn't make your opinion any more worthwhile.

Also, note the bolded word.

It is beyond the comprehension of some, that we have traversed into a period of Deception and corruption that has never been on such a scale... that when the Science think tanks or Media machine tell you something... you believe it without QUESTION!!
Half of you probably dont even know who is running the United Nations behind the scenes!!
No need to Science think tanks or Media machine to be convinced of the degradation of our environment.

Heat wave, drought, disappearance of thousands of animal and plant species, pollution of the air that you breathe, exhaustion of resources, deforestation, large-scale fire etc ...

Just open your eyes and look around you.

I'm planning a cruise to see glacier calving next summer with my wife and youngest son.

Do you all think I'll have the best viewing at Hubbard Glacier in AK, or should I go somehere else?

I've backpacked in Glacier National park and I understand most of those snow/ice patches are gone now. Kind of like to take in the sights while they are still available.

My current plan is to fly into Seattle and then take the Cruise ship from there. Do you think I'll have better viewing if I charter a smaller boat near HG, or just take the cruise ship?

I feel that this would be a good education for my son. It won't be as extravagant as a carbon fiber sailing yacht across the atlantic, or a battery-powered Jaguar, but it will be something he can tell his children about. Thoughts?

It's all about consensus and expertise, having a title not related to climate change doesn't make your opinion any more worthwhile.

Also, note the bolded word.
The consensus of scientists is really a clever deviation of making people believe it is science fact...
when the truth is...
when you cannot resolve science, with Real science, you force a scientific consensus!!

That is why its called scientific consensus... and not scientific FACT!!

now isnt that just a clever!!!
The Devil is always in the details!!

The consensus of scientists is really a clever deviation of making people believe it is science fact...
when the truth is...
when you cannot resolve science, with Real science, you force a scientific consensus!!

That is why its called scientific consensus... and not scientific FACT!!

now isnt that just a clever!!!
The Devil is always in the details!!

No, you just don't know how science works, I'll give you a clue, there are no "facts" in science as in they are undisputable.

That mostly depends, on the ambient temperature.
And if you're in an inertial or non-inertial reference frame. Your velocity within that frame. Whether or not it was built relative to an accepted standard. Whether or not the tools used to measure it at the time pr production were properly callibrated.

Remember the Hubble Space telescope? Measurements were factually correct, but the device was not callibrated properly. Facts are fuzzy little distributions of truth. Error bars are a thing.

Recognizing that science is about modeling and refining, and not about "truth" will help the discussion.

No proton ever had a "+" stamped on it when it was born.

A polio vaccine will benefit most people, but not all people in all circumstances.

I can say that a tax on my peanutbutter sandwich will have and extremely low probability of reducing global temperature. That would be factually accurate.

It would be unscientific for me to claim that a carbon tax on my peanutbutter sandwich would have no probability of reducing global temperature.

I can say that the probability I will win the lottery this week is higher if I buy a ticket, than if I don't buy a ticket. That is factually accurate as well.

And if you're in an inertial or non-inertial reference frame. Your velocity within that frame. Whether or not it was built relative to an accepted standard. Whether or not the tools used to measure it at the time pr production were properly callibrated.

Remember the Hubble Space telescope? Measurements were factually correct, but the device was not callibrated properly. Facts are fuzzy little distributions of truth. Error bars are a thing.

Recognizing that science is about modeling and refining, and not about "truth" will help the discussion.

A polio vaccine will benefit most people, but not all people in all circumstances.

I can say that a tax on my peanutbutter sandwich will have and extremely low probability of reducing global temperature. That would be factually accurate.

It would be unscientific for me to claim that a carbon tax on my peanutbutter sandwich would have no probability of reducing global temperature.

I can say that the probability I will win the lottery this week is higher if I buy a ticket, than if I don't buy a ticket. That is factually accurate as well.

Sure, hence, I said science doesn't provide "facts". That doesn't mean there aren't facts without dispute, for example, the current president of the USA is Donald Trump, that's a fact.

I get the difference, between facts and truth. I have had to explain it, a number of times, here, over the years.

I could think of number of reasons, to tax peanut butter; but I don't like the stuff, so it would not affect me. I digress. Goverments don't need reasons to tax anything and will do so, if they can get it past a vote. Looks like 'change' in all its forms, is the vogue taxable thing/subject and any organisation, including governments, will milk it, for all they can get.

Sure, hence, I said science doesn't provide "facts". That doesn't mean there aren't facts without dispute, for example, the current president of the USA is Donald Trump, that's a fact.
Unless you believe, that he does not make Presidential material. He is unworthy of that office, he is a false president, someone who conned his way into office and should not be regarded as such. It is a fact, that he won the last U.S. presidential election.

Fact: The sun rises each and every morning.

Truth for thousands of years: The Son of the morning, the Light bearer and many other names, or the planet Venus, pulls the sun up over the horizon.

As far as the global weather is concerned. I would say that there cannot be that many 'facts' laid down by the experts. Only a consensus of opinions. As it is A:- Something that is seriously unpredictable, unstable and influenced by so many other, unpredictable and unstable things. &B:- Humans are still learning about the subject and have a lot more, too learn.

Many of the sciences have 'fixed' properties. The subject in hand, has very few.

Unless you believe, that he does not make Presidential material. He is unworthy of that office, he is a false president, someone who conned his way into office and should not be regarded as such. It is a fact, that he won the last U.S. presidential election.

And he still is the president, as incompetent as he may be and regardless of how he came to office.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom