Full Throttle at Pareco - an official Frontier Developments race in conjunction with the Buckyball Racing Club

By the way, forgot to say that the prizes up for grabs are these paintjobs, for either the Mamba or Imperial Courier, in the colour of your choice.

NNGaMPK.png

And they're off!

IdnBhF2.png

Buckyball regulars Darplata and Elastul Ma'fer (aka Ozric) have jumped straight into the ring and set a high early bar for the race in both classes.

First up was Darplata running an unlimited class Viper Mk III named "Split" who managed a stunning 17 landings (just one short of 3 complete laps), completing the final landing just 4 seconds over the 20 minutes (so 3 laps definitely seems possible then).

Next was Elastul Ma'fer in the regulation Viper class who completed 15 landings in "Vector" with a final time just 21 seconds over the time limit, closely followed by Darplata again who made his 14th landing in his regulation Viper "Quicksilver" bang on the 20 minute mark.

A brilliant start to what I hope will be a closely contested race and some serious scores for @Will Flanagan and @Stephen Benedetti to try and match on Thursday night.

P.S. just a quick clarification - your number of stops is one less than your total number of landing screenshots since the first one (docked at Neville and ready to start) doesn't count. We're in a fence posts and panels situation here and it's the number of panels that I'm counting.

Yeesss! I've been waiting for an event like this! Can't wait to get started!
Cool. Welcome to the Buckyball Racing Club commander and this, our 67th race, glad you finally found us!

P.S. I've updated the OP with a link to our Discord server for anyone who wants to come and chat about this race, any of our standing challenges, or just the Buckyball Racing Club in general.

Ok full run completed..not quite there yet but more than two rounds so bit of practice may help. But still 14 stops is at least not embarrassing. Am gonna shed some weight on the courier..it wont be faster as that is not possible but may handle even better. I also have a couple of other little ships that could compete so calling them over.

Eagle MkII entry done and submitted. I will keep trying as I can see some room for improvement. Timing of landing gear is vital. This race is also pushing the power distributor on this ship to the limit. I think two attempts in an evening is all I can take, as it gets the adrenaline going!
It was very quiet this evening and I only once saw someone at Neville but not time to chat mid-race.

Given that there are 6 stations, we we can set up 6 hull seals to do speed repairs between stations, so as ugly leave one and are headed out we can shoot a limpet at you as you come toward us and the next station. Could help if any damage happens so don’t have to go do repairs in the station menu.

Given that there are 6 stations, we we can set up 6 hull seals to do speed repairs between stations, so as ugly leave one and are headed out we can shoot a limpet at you as you come toward us and the next station. Could help if any damage happens so don’t have to go do repairs in the station menu.
That's kinda against the spirit of Buckyballers to repair mid-run :p

Day 2 of the race and just one new entry from another Buckyball regular, Cmdr Edelgard Von Rhein. Edelgard has blown the cobwebs of her Mercenary edition Eagle (I think I still have mine parked in dry dock somewhere) named "Quarrel" and submitted a pretty decent Unlimited run, landing her 15th stop just 7 seconds over the 20 minutes.

h17Ek82.png

Official livestream announcement post ...

Full Throttle at Pareco

The time has come! Join Will and Stephen as they set engines to Full Throttle and join in the Buckyball Time Trial Race!

This is the first episode of the new series, 'Full Throttle', where we will see our community team take on different racing events that the community have to offer.

Livestream details

That's kinda against the spirit of Buckyballers to repair mid-run :p

*blink

Repairs?

Wazzat?

That said, I fully expect to either be perfectly fine or blow up spectacularly on this one. There won't be any in between for this run. Either shields will hold when I slam into the pad or, well, there will be debris floating all over the inside of the station ;P

It's probably worth mentioning that I originally toyed with the idea of specifying that ships must be shieldless. :)

If it had been purely for the Buckyball Racing Club I probably would have done but I decided to go easy on Will and Stephen because I really wouldn't want them both to blow up on the livestream ... well 🤔 ... OK it would be funny 😂 ... but yeah, I think it will make for a nicer livestream if they can both get a decent time and claim a place on the leaderboard.

It's probably worth mentioning that I originally toyed with the idea of specifying that ships must be shieldless. :)

If it had been purely for the Buckyball Racing Club I probably would have done but I decided to go easy on Will and Stephen because I really wouldn't want them both to blow up on the livestream ... well 🤔 ... OK it would be funny 😂 ... but yeah, I think it will make for a nicer livestream if they can both get a decent time and claim a place on the leaderboard.

Shieldless? Yeah, I'd never get a run completed ;P

Top Bottom