Ethics in a Literal Video Game

I like to deliver tons of Biowaste to factions that are supported by The Coaltion
I like to pretend to be a saviour to a thargoid distressed op only to self destruct to kill all passengers onboard.
I like to shoot the police and clean ships.
I like black market sales and engineers.
I worship thargoids.
Im always in open usually griefing engineering hotspots.
I love this game because i get to do what i want.
I tried several factions from discord but most dont use discord for voice they rather text...thats so 21st century..get with the times people.
Maybe because I'm old, my math is different. But isn't texting a 20th century thing in so much as this is the 21 century.

Well I don't usually kill clean ships. For purely practical reasons. Fines and notoriety are nuisance. When it comes to trade deals, well I made some sweet money during my Elite career by being weapons merchant, trading weapons to systems allready in the edge violence, or in outright war. Usually I do not deal with black market stuff. Mainly because it is so big hazzle, and Cutter is not exactly smuggling ship....

I generally play nice with a few exceptions. I actually like the idea of being a gun runner, especially when I was smuggling in my Krait II. The best gun running missions are the sketchy ones that you get from a T9 floating in random space.

I generally only do pirate assassination missions. If I do LTD piracy, i inflict minimal harm on the mark, and let them get away.

The only time I went off on a popping spree was in Harma a few weeks ago to test my corvette. Got the old notoriety up to 10.

But other than the occasional piracy/smuggling, I play lawful and enjoy bounty hunting. I never traded slaves and have no issues dispatching imperial ships. Currently I am flying for the Alliance

I used to not kill noobs, not kill those who cant defend themseles etc etc.

Then I spent too long on the forums and realised that 90% of these people will either try to cheat the game or just give out abuse whenever they feel wronged.

Now I play ED like Foxes play with chicken coops.

1. Get Paid for It
2. Don't Shoot Civilians.
3. Whoever hires me, hires all of me.
4. Only Drop Off Hookers at Hutton Orbital, Never Pick Them Up.
5. Don't Fly What You Can't Rebuy.
6. Never Neutron Jump without at least half a tank of fuel left.
7. The Blue Things Are Not Algae Puffs, They're Insulation Beads.
8. Know the difference between the flush lever and the purge valve in the head.

1. Get Paid for It
2. Don't Shoot Civilians.
3. Whoever hires me, hires all of me.
4. Only Drop Off Hookers at Hutton Orbital, Never Pick Them Up.
5. Don't Fly What You Can't Rebuy.
6. Never Neutron Jump without at least half a tank of fuel left.
7. The Blue Things Are Not Algae Puffs, They're Insulation Beads.
8. Know the difference between the flush lever and the purge valve in the head.

#4 is critical to survival in Elite

#8 I lose more pilots that way than I care to count.

1: If I have to pirate, never go after miners while they're working
2: Wash your hands after dealing with imperials
3: Station speed limits are for NPCs

My major rule is I tend not to bother npcs, but "what do you have in your hold" is "kill me immediately" in my language. I once took down two vipers in an unarmed T6. They scanned me right after I took off from an engineer hold on planet and I rammed them both into the ground. That's what I have in my hold, m--- f--.

My major rule is I tend not to bother npcs, but "what do you have in your hold" is "kill me immediately" in my language. I once took down two vipers in an unarmed T6. They scanned me right after I took off from an engineer hold on planet and I rammed them both into the ground. That's what I have in my hold, m--- f--.

"What do you have in your hold?"
"The corpses of your friends, care to join them?"

"My children will go hungry tonight."
"And be orphans in the morning."

"I've come a long way for what you're carrying."
"You could have bought ammo at the last station., but here, have some of mine."

In real life I’m a goody two-shoes. In games usually, I’ll slit your throat and steal you blind if I think I can get away with it.

In this game I’ve tried to stick to just smuggling illegal salvage but toying with the notion of NPC piracy.

In real life I’m a goody two-shoes. In games usually, I’ll slit your throat and steal you blind if I think I can get away with it.

In this game I’ve tried to stick to just smuggling illegal salvage but toying with the notion of NPC piracy.

In real life... hmm... I'm chaotic, unpredictable, largely anti-social, carry a firearm, and like John Wayne brand toilet paper, I don't take crap off anyone.

Top Bottom