Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

Greetings Commanders,

Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected

I am pleased and grateful to report that the VPN functionality is working flawlessly again. And my average latency has improved a bit. Well done folks!

Cartoon colors aren't the issue with nms.

It is the lack of full twitch based flight controls and full hotas support.

It could look like a fever dream on shrooms and if it had all it has plus real flight control, it would be a near perfect replacement for elite.

The 'contacts " screen just locked up with me. I am assuming it is the same bug . At least I found out what was causing my Hotas not working after the patch. it seems both Elite AND voice attack had an update within a day or 2 apart. I got the voice attack update and everything was fine.. THEN, i got the Elite launcher update then at that point, Elite and voice attack would NOT play well together. So, for now to get my hotas to work,,, I have to NOT use voice attack.But at least I can play until the screen locks up lol.

"Energy pulse required to calibrate FSS sensors."
You need to honk for the FSS to work.
What made you think that part of using the FSS was going to be dropped?

Thanks see my reply above.

To be honest, they've dropped everything else you had to do to progress in this 'arcade game'. so you can understand my disbelief that i actually have to do something, to get something still......!

Spotted an odd problem in the tutorial if anyone else saw it...

[PC / Saitek X52 Pro] While fighting the second drone the default zero pitch point on the HOTAS suddenly jumped to almost 100% back on the stick. Tricky job finishing the drones and not interrupting the SC but we made it back and collected the free (unadvertised?) Sidey paint job without major issue.

For someone new, not so much. Where is the "restart this section" option please?

[Note: Killed game and checked hardware properties. This may be a Saitek issue.]
[Edit: Warm restart seems to have fixed it, never seen behaviour like that before...]

Last edited:
I'm guessing when Patch 4 comes out we'll be at about 60 fixes in totals, that would be a nice round number of 20 times more bugs than features introduced by the 'small' September update.
Some of the fixes were for bugs which existed before the September update.

The 'contacts " screen just locked up with me. I am assuming it is the same bug . At least I found out what was causing my Hotas not working after the patch. it seems both Elite AND voice attack had an update within a day or 2 apart. I got the voice attack update and everything was fine.. THEN, i got the Elite launcher update then at that point, Elite and voice attack would NOT play well together. So, for now to get my hotas to work,,, I have to NOT use voice attack.But at least I can play until the screen locks up lol.
I wiped ED, Voice Attack and my voice packs and reinstalled everything. That worked, sort of. I'm still coming across some binding issues. All a bit of a pain 😭

Ok Thanks, i was sure that upon entering a system now, it 'automatically' transferred money into my account , i.e it did the honking for me?

Only for stars in the system and other stuff within a few hundred light seconds, Honking gets the rest and FSSing adds all the stuff you used to fly to the ends of the system for.

Thanks see my reply above.

To be honest, they've dropped everything else you had to do to progress in this 'arcade game'. so you can understand my disbelief that i actually have to do something, to get something still......!

The new approach is more interactive than the old magic button and get close enough to a body that we had before, nowhere near as complex as some wanted but that is an old topic in numerous dead threads.

maybe new Bugs:
some keybindings dont work at gamestart. i had to enter the option one... just enter, leave and they work.
i got some crash to desktop.. 2 in the last 30min while mining. i send the crash report.

some Ideas? Someone Else?

I did the boring trip to unlock PALIN and CHLOE....
I sold the Explorer-Data in worth of 7,365,726 CR to PALIN....resulting in NO INCREASE OF LEVEL...STILL AT LEVEL 1.....
THAT SUCKS FRONTIER !!!

Last edited:
I did the boring trip to unlock PALIN and CHLOE....
I sold the Explorer-Data in worth of 7,365,726 CR to PALIN....resulting in NO INCREASE OF LEVEL...STILL AT LEVEL 1.....
You can no longer gain reputation with Professor Palin with anything else than engineering, after his evacuation from the Maia system and probably partial retirement. You can find this in the description in-game. But he's now in Arque, closer to the bubble.
Chloe Sedesi who mostly took over Palin's role and installed herself in Witch Head Sector DL-Y D17 has the same unlock requirement as Palin and also offers the same Grade 5 Upgrades. She can be upgraded by selling exploration data to Cinder Dock.
I like the change, it allows me to pin two essential grade 5 blueprints.

Last edited:
Top Bottom