...also, except checking his pictures, i tried to imagine why he could propose such a route, even if it is fake.
So got some thoughts i posted somewhen before too, main idea...if u look on raxxla/dw emblems it can be treated as galaxy shape. So what if we was wrong with the scale? So once u zoom out map ... u can see why that guy did such a route. For example "mother" - there is region "Izanami" which is godess of everything, and Sag A* is "jewel" and so on.
So all together this guess is no worse then any other we already spent time on :D

Also we know that game can measure distances, for example to unlock Palin. So those 3 parts of codex are triangle. And if u follow exactly u will do longer route then direct. That could be extra filter to remove accident findings. I really doubt u must visit exact systems. Never seen such mechanic here yet, which could count if u were somewhere.
Ya I poked around Izanami in my last trip... i liked her because of the uncanny similarities betwen the Orpheus myth and Izanami underworld. And ya i do suspect there is a hidden "social score" being talllied to determine if we are worthy of raxxla or atleast the dark wheel.

We know the Sap8 crystals had coordinates... while im still unsure about the markings on the raxxla symbol they could just be giving us a System description. A star surrounded by three belts and 33 bodies?

Ye, dwarf radiate light, just found similar and made experiment, went into shadow of main star. So close to dwarf nothing can be complete black.

Damn, cannot attach screenshot. But trust me things are dark red kinda, not black.

I guess its time I outline my Hypothesis that Im trying to prove/disprove. Mostly because I fully believe that Raxxla is not some 45kylie away system thats hard to get to even for a seasoned explorer. They have said in the past that Raxxla was accesible in the older updates, pre-engineers era FSDs, so at most we have a 40ly jump range or so... (Could be wrong) Thus, I do not believe that the reason Raxxla is not found is that its just in some random system no ones explored. Nor do I believe that you can just simply go there whenever you want to. Its very likely that Raxxla, at least in my eyes, was the first experimental puzzle they did. Perhaps they tested out what we have with Thargoid and Guardian stuff now, with Raxxla first.

So My theory is as follows: There has been two times in history that we have been given hints to Raxxla, and teased of its existence. First is The Dark Wheel, and Second is the codex entry on Raxxla. Now, reaching all the way back to this threads early days, The Dark Wheel, or speculated to be, had quests related to translating something or engineering something. As if it were a key to unlocking something. Secondly we had the codex entry and within it, it hints at a connection to Greek Mythology. The Omphalos Rift. On Earth, The Omphalos Stone has a few references within greek mythology that immediately stood out to me. The first being that the real life Omphalos Stone was once considered the "Center of the known world" to the greeks. Omphalos then can be determined, perhaps, to mean "At the center of it all" A place between places, if you will. The other reference within the Greek Mythos is that Rhea created the Omphalos Stone as a way to confuse Kronus, Zeus' father, from eating his own child, Zeus.

My first investigation into this was abotu Kronus, and his origins. Which then led me to Elysia, and the Elysian Shores. Within Greek Mythos, Elyusian Fields is a place where noble heroes who have performed great deeds are allowed to live an eternal life of paradise on, by the gods. Interestingly enough, Elysia is definately a system, though further investigation is needed, if there is even a connection. Further evidence of this is that the first ever log entry wrote down was talking about someone named Cora, which is also sometimes the name of Persephone, Which, then has links to Eleusinian Mysteries.

Thus, My Hypothesis( with the help of CMDR Node and others in Canonn Research Group) Has become that the Elusinian Mysteries are very much tied to actions needed to be done within the game to solve the puzzle. "Things Done, Things Shown, Things Said" after which, you will find Raxxla. If all conditions are met and you have an item to present at the right location. This about as far as Iv gotten
I dont want to get into to much here, as all of this is just conjecture and a hypothesis, but the Codex entry DOES leave one to believe that they are trying to hint that this has a lot of Greek Mythological connections within the puzzle.

Final Thoughts:
"Omphalos Syndrome refers to the belief that a place of geopolitical power and currency is the most important place in the world. " We could say that we all have this syndrome

Sources:

I guess its time I outline my Hypothesis that Im trying to prove/disprove. Mostly because I fully believe that Raxxla is not some 45kylie away system thats hard to get to even for a seasoned explorer. They have said in the past that Raxxla was accesible in the older updates, pre-engineers era FSDs, so at most we have a 40ly jump range or so... (Could be wrong) Thus, I do not believe that the reason Raxxla is not found is that its just in some random system no ones explored. Nor do I believe that you can just simply go there whenever you want to. Its very likely that Raxxla, at least in my eyes, was the first experimental puzzle they did. Perhaps they tested out what we have with Thargoid and Guardian stuff now, with Raxxla first.

So My theory is as follows: There has been two times in history that we have been given hints to Raxxla, and teased of its existence. First is The Dark Wheel, and Second is the codex entry on Raxxla. Now, reaching all the way back to this threads early days, The Dark Wheel, or speculated to be, had quests related to translating something or engineering something. As if it were a key to unlocking something. Secondly we had the codex entry and within it, it hints at a connection to Greek Mythology. The Omphalos Rift. On Earth, The Omphalos Stone has a few references within greek mythology that immediately stood out to me. The first being that the real life Omphalos Stone was once considered the "Center of the known world" to the greeks. Omphalos then can be determined, perhaps, to mean "At the center of it all" A place between places, if you will. The other reference within the Greek Mythos is that Rhea created the Omphalos Stone as a way to confuse Kronus, Zeus' father, from eating his own child, Zeus.

My first investigation into this was abotu Kronus, and his origins. Which then led me to Elysia, and the Elysian Shores. Within Greek Mythos, Elyusian Fields is a place where noble heroes who have performed great deeds are allowed to live an eternal life of paradise on, by the gods. Interestingly enough, Elysia is definately a system, though further investigation is needed, if there is even a connection. Further evidence of this is that the first ever log entry wrote down was talking about someone named Cora, which is also sometimes the name of Persephone, Which, then has links to Eleusinian Mysteries.

Thus, My Hypothesis( with the help of CMDR Node and others in Canonn Research Group) Has become that the Elusinian Mysteries are very much tied to actions needed to be done within the game to solve the puzzle. "Things Done, Things Shown, Things Said" after which, you will find Raxxla. If all conditions are met and you have an item to present at the right location. This about as far as Iv gotten
I dont want to get into to much here, as all of this is just conjecture and a hypothesis, but the Codex entry DOES leave one to believe that they are trying to hint that this has a lot of Greek Mythological connections within the puzzle.

Final Thoughts:
"Omphalos Syndrome refers to the belief that a place of geopolitical power and currency is the most important place in the world. " We could say that we all have this syndrome

Sources:

Welcome to most of this thread? Sorry man but nothing really new here though. Most are covered in this thread afaik.

Final Thoughts:

Sources:

It pretty much seems to be a "hoax", but it doesn't change the fact with which fascination Raxxla is hunted by the ed community.
I even believe that it is not currently reachable ingame, at least for so long until fdev decided to be discovered.
Anyway I will go onto a trip to exactly the sector he stated, seems to be a interesting place for any explorer out there ;)

It pretty much seems to be a "hoax", but it doesn't change the fact with which fascination Raxxla is hunted by the ed community.
I even believe that it is not currently reachable ingame, at least for so long until fdev decided to be discovered.
Anyway I will go onto a trip to exactly the sector he stated, seems to be a interesting place for any explorer out there ;)

/FOIL ON

ELYSIAN SHORE has many of "PSR" named stars (which are pulsars), others sectors too though + 1 of 2 existing in game "AXP" which are magnetars. And if u fss any NS - u can hear whisper ... Or ...AXP is on border with rift ..cant say exactly.

Ok some report. NS road at 1000+ height ended about in middle of veils/sea border. And dencity was so low so I had to plot back - down a little and went below 400. Started to catch half-mapped systems. I think it was done prior 2.4 with old scanners. 11000 to go, will take some time without NS.

Final Thoughts:

Sources:

Yes, the Eleusinian Mysteries hypothesis cropped up in this thread a while ago, might have been postulated by Cmdr Guru. About a hundred pages back? Can’t remember the details.

There are any number of possible interpretations of the Codex entry. I’m working on a more prosaic hypothesis, thought I was getting somewhere but may have been derailed so starting again.

If Omphalos as ancient Greek centre of the world is important then in ED it ought to involve Sol, which is the centre of the human bubble. It’s certainly where everything started from.

I still insist on 1 postulate, "nobody will do extra programming just to hide raxxla", which means any idea must fit/use already existing game play parts (oldest ones). Which u should see in everyday play. Example, if u can't enter BH in everyday play then raxxla will not be hidden inside BH.

"My given name is Elyssia. Elyssia Fields.' She smiled again. 'My brood mother's little joke. She discovered Greek mythology at age 9 when she was incubating her first cluster.'"

(Most of everything has been cycling for years. I think it's fitting)

Last edited:
If I would DW I would peek that "H" :D

I still insist on 1 postulate, "nobody will do extra programming just to hide raxxla", which means any idea must fit/use already existing game play parts (oldest ones). Which u should see in everyday play. Example, if u can't enter BH in everyday play then raxxla will not be hidden inside BH.

I tend to agree that Raxxla is likely to be accessible through normal game mechanisms available since the gamma release, however with the proviso that Raxxla is the biggest Easter Egg in the game so I think it’s quite possible that FD could have put extra effort into that from the outset. We don’t know anything about it so we don’t know what they did relating to it!

Pilots have always been able to enter black holes in ED, there are plenty of YT videos on this going back to the early days, but you can’t get past their exclusion zone. Actually I seem to remember entering my first BH (Maia or Merope?) a couple of years ago and not seeing an exclusion zone limit, just trundled around until I got bored & headed back out, so perhaps the exclusion zone is a later addition? Han_Zen will know.

As a possible mechanism it would be quite easy from a programming viewpoint to replace that exclusion zone limit by a hyperspace transition for one specific “gateway” BH. I did try that hypothesis for some 30-odd suspect BH, just because I didn’t find it doesn’t mean that mechanism doesn’t exist. However I’m currently pursuing a quite different hypothesis using normal mission mechanisms & trying to gain the trust of TRDW.

Last edited:
Source please.

To the best of my knowledge, there has never ever been anything which stated that Raxxla was accessible.

True, but DB did say it’s been in-game since the gamma, which sort of implies it’s accessible. I just can’t see him putting it into the game without it being accessible. It might be hidden behind a permit lock but if so I think there’s also been a mechanism available since the gamma to get that permit.

However I also have a vague feeling that one of DB’s utterances was that he was surprised it hadn’t already been found. I have googled this but can’t find the source for it, and may have imagined it, though lots of the old forum stuff seems now to be inaccessible. Might have been in a livestream? If he did say that then it would confirm it’s accessible!

[thin foil thinking] What if Raxxla is only reachable when you select the system manually, never when you plot a route from let say from Sol to Delphi ? [/thin foil thinking]

You can never travel pass the Raxxla system with plotting a more then one jumping route .

My Thin foil hat thinking that the Raxxla system is excluded from plotting..

[thin foil thinking] What if Raxxla is only reachable when you select the system manually, never when you plot a route from let say from Sol to Delphi ? [/thin foil thinking]

You can never travel pass the Raxxla system with plotting a more then one jumping route .

My Thin foil hat thinking that the Raxxla system is excluded from plotting..

A common hypothesis from the early days of this Quest is that Raxxla (or its system) isn‘t visible in the galmap (easy for Pilots’ Federation (i.e. FD) to delete it) and it must be manually selected from the list of nearby systems in the navigation panel to be able to jump to it. The trouble is that it is very tedious in each system to go through that list selecting each system, then checking it against the galmap. I think I withstood it for half an hour. It also allows for happenstance location & I think DB would have wanted a more focussed treasure hunt mechanism to find it. I think that’s the message of the codex entry. First gain the trust of The Real Dark Wheel, then you might get nearer to Raxxla. I suspect there’s a series of hoops for us to jump through, but the first part has few clues & we won’t know we’re taking the test until we’re told we’ve passed it.
The problem then is what happens if we fail it? Do we ever get notification that we were close??

True, but DB did say it’s been in-game since the gamma, which sort of implies it’s accessible. I just can’t see him putting it into the game without it being accessible. It might be hidden behind a permit lock but if so I think there’s also been a mechanism available since the gamma to get that permit.

However I also have a vague feeling that one of DB’s utterances was that he was surprised it hadn’t already been found. I have googled this but can’t find the source for it, and may have imagined it, though lots of the old forum stuff seems now to be inaccessible. Might have been in a livestream? If he did say that then it would confirm it’s accessible!
Call me a traditionalist, but I think assuming something was meant by something when it wasn’t actually specifically said, is slightly different to it actually being said, and needs to be treated accordingly! 😀

Far too much bother on the forums from people going off things that were never actually said in the first place! 😉

But on the other point about the DB quote, if it’s the one that was along the lines of ‘I’m surprised that no one’s found what’s one of the biggest things in game’ that was from a stream from around the time of the 2.4 announcement and one of the 2.3.x updates. Might have been from an event. The DB bit was a pre-recorded bit IIRC.

In one of the other trailers from around the same time was the overhead shot of some SRVs approaching some sort of cave or structure and then a Thargoid appearing above them. It was speculated at the time that that was what DB was referring to. In retrospect it could also have been the crashed Thargoid scouts. There’s also the (slight) possibility that it was Jameson’s Cobra and the INRA bases - they were only found after they were featured in a content teaser trailer which was released between some 2.4.x updates. They may have only just been added in one of the preceeding 2.4 updates, but who knows, they might have just featured in the teaser as they’d been there for a while but not found. 🤷‍♂️

...Snip...

But on the other point about the DB quote, if it’s the one that was along the lines of ‘I’m surprised that no one’s found what’s one of the biggest things in game’ that was from a stream from around the time of the 2.4 announcement and one of the 2.3.x updates. Might have been from an event. The DB bit was a pre-recorded bit IIRC.

In one of the other trailers from around the same time was the overhead shot of some SRVs approaching some sort of cave or structure and then a Thargoid appearing above them. It was speculated at the time that that was what DB was referring to. In retrospect it could also have been the crashed Thargoid scouts. There’s also the (slight) possibility that it was Jameson’s Cobra and the INRA bases - they were only found after they were featured in a content teaser trailer which was released between some 2.4.x updates. They may have only just been added in one of the preceeding 2.4 updates, but who knows, they might have just featured in the teaser as they’d been there for a while but not found. 🤷‍♂️
@Jorki Rasalas some vids for reference:

The Return Announcement - the bit I was talking about with the SRVs, cave/structure/Thargoid is near then end. Also check 0:46 for an image of an old school Cobra MkIII and a Thargoid Scout in an planetary ring.

Potential streams for the DB bit:

Edit - disregard the ones in the spoiler - had a quick look myself after posting and these are just the ones where Ed did that bit of stuff that lead to the in-game message to all cmdrs about the return of the Thargoids.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrJQ3M91Qmg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AJ_sAH-f8c

Thought I'd post them to save you looking as these are the ones from the time I was talking about. Haven't been through them thoroughly looking for the DB quote though (and probably won't) so I can't guarantee the DB bit's actually in them though. Good luck, and let me/us know if you find it! :D

Edit 2 - It's probably not in the final video either. Haven't checked yet, but have tried searching more generally and have remembered why I gave up last time. Nothing coming up via forum searches despite it being discussed - would have been in the Canonn threads I reckon. 9 probably. Though thinking about it, it could have been a reference to the Zurara so maybe a FR thread, and that'd put the DB bit earlier than I was thinking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom