Please make ship paints afgordable

I recently looked at painting my ships. The Arks required are thousands! So can there be another way to get my ship repainted? Perhaps based on rank or buy it with your in game credits?
I think it spoils the immersion of the game to have to buy things like paint jobs.

Brace yourself, CMDR. Some people here in forums DO NOT TOLERATE criticising monetisation in video games, and Elite Dangerous in particular.
"It is FREE you do not have to buy." There I wrote what will be posted for you.
leaves the thread

After all the changes that went into the last update to do with Arx and bringing the store in game, that's not something that's going to happen.

Maybe save up your earned Arx and buy a cheap one after a couple of weeks.

The regular recolors of the ships are 620 arx, some even cheaper. The bigger ones (pulse) are expensive.

Other than that, you have to remeber this is how fd have always made money from this game, you used to get exactly 0 paint. its great that we can even get paints for free now

Aren't paint jobs supposed to be cheaper now that cmdrs buy single instead of a pack? Haven't delved into ARX yet, as a 40 something, I tend to drunk impulse buy, paying in advance for ARX doesn't appeal to me.

...I think it spoils the immersion of the game to have to buy things like paint jobs.
Just going to the ED main menu, looking out a window in your computer room, having a cat jump on your keyboard spoils the immersion of the game.

Purchase the 100,000 ARX package for $59.99 USD and that equals 1666.66 ARX per $1.00 spent.
Purchase the 5,000 ARX package for $3.99 USD and that equals 1250 ARX per $1.00 spent.

Costs are reasonable unless you're crazy like me and purchase most items that the store offers. Bought any T-shirts yet? :)
...abd how come there is no Empire coffee mug?

Would be nice and i would buy a bunch if ED had color packs like warframe where you could use them on all ships not just specific ships.

Aren't paint jobs supposed to be cheaper now that cmdrs buy single instead of a pack? Haven't delved into ARX yet, as a 40 something, I tend to drunk impulse buy, paying in advance for ARX doesn't appeal to me.

Depends what you mean.

Individual paintjobs are probably more affordable... if you're the sort of person who paid £3 for the "Tactical" pack, just to get the white paintjob etc.
OTOH, if you end-up using every paintjob in a pack, it'll be a bit more expensive.

I bet FDev are shifting a lot more "Vibrant" paintjobs than they used to, though. :p

Depends what you mean.

Individual paintjobs are probably more affordable... if you're the sort of person who paid £3 for the "Tactical" pack, just to get the white paintjob etc.
OTOH, if you end-up using every paintjob in a pack, it'll be a bit more expensive.

I bet FDev are shifting a lot more "Vibrant" paintjobs than they used to, though. :p
I just realised that OTOH means on the other hand without googling it. For me that's probably the best thing that came out of this thread.

I recently looked at painting my ships. The Arks required are thousands! So can there be another way to get my ship repainted? Perhaps based on rank or buy it with your in game credits?
I think it spoils the immersion of the game to have to buy things like paint jobs.
So who is going to pay for the server costs and those who refuse to buy expansions?

whut? it would surely if not, if I want my bike painted i will, at least for the paint itself, have to pay, and if a professional makes it even more
shakin head ...

After all the changes that went into the last update to do with Arx and bringing the store in game, that's not something that's going to happen.

Maybe save up your earned Arx and buy a cheap one after a couple of weeks.
Good advice, thanks. I have been playing (after a four year break) for two weeks solid (wife thinks I've gone back to my childhood!) and have enough for a pair of spectacles to wear under my Remlok space helmet!🤭 Funny thing is, my regular spectacles look just like those in the game! 🤗
Right on Commander!

Lestat

Banned
You can buy Ark so it support Elite Dangerous and future updates.

You can buy Ark so it support Elite Dangerous and future updates.
Yes, a worthy cause! This time around the game is very good, compelling as before, although when I first played it was on a C64, black/white wire frames with energy bombs!🤗 Wife called it a sad addiction, but at least it's quiet out in space, no one can hear you scream!😜

Lestat

Banned
Yes, a worthy cause! This time around the game is very good, compelling as before, although when I first played it was on a C64, black/white wire frames with energy bombs!🤗 Wife called it a sad addiction, but at least it's quiet out in space, no one can hear you scream!😜
Yes the 1984 addiction. Don't forget if you ate that spicy Bean Barreto and you have scream from the other end and the smell. 😱

Top Bottom