PSA: Operation Montgomery Scott - Improving the Colonia Engineers!

Well after more than a month I finally arrived at destination and sold for 130M credits of exploration data at Robardin Rock ! Also made it to Elite in exploration for the second time since I play this game (new account on PC) o7

1564859726-2019-08-03-19-10-19-carcosa.png

In a Sidewinder!!!! You are a mad-man!

On my way back to Carcosa (about an hour or so away). Turns out in the mess of stored modules I have there's a whole bunch of unengineered APAs. Am I right in thinking there needs to be a bit of love shown to PA engineering at the moment?

Suppose if it updated very recently the third party sites wouldn't have this yet. Plenty of people would have been coming up from the bubble for this since g4 is still better than what's down there.

Now about the PA engineering...

I'm looking at it right now. SCB is level 5.

It's G5 on Mel Brandon's main page. However, if you further click on the blueprints for SCB, there is only G4 mod listed for SCB, not G5.

Could anyone in Colonia stop by Mel Brandon's base and see if he offers G5 mod of SCB? Bigmaec? Phisto Sobanii? Anyone? Thanks a bunch !

It's G5 on Mel Brandon's main page. However, if you further click on the blueprints for SCB, there is only G4 mod listed for SCB, not G5.

Could anyone in Colonia stop by Mel Brandon's base and see if he offers G5 mod of SCB? Bigmaec? Phisto Sobanii? Anyone? Thanks a bunch !
I can swing by later. I could do with pinning a blueprint. I would be very surprised if Ian Doncaster is wrong here, but you never know what could have snuck in following today's tick.

SCBs are G4. It also says this when you first go into the engineering workshop. The engineering update says enough rolls have been performed to allow a G5 module, but obviously the devs haven't implemented this yet- assuming they intend to.The bubble engineers do only go up to G3 after all (as expected, I am just echoing Ian Doncaster's previous posts on this).

View attachment 149376
SCBs are G4. It also says this when you first go into the engineering workshop. The engineering update says enough rolls have been performed to allow a G5 module, but obviously the devs haven't implemented this yet- assuming they intend to.The bubble engineers do only go up to G3 after all (as expected, I am just echoing Ian Doncaster's previous posts on this).
Hmm... I may have to go and roll a couple! I've only recently started to use SCB's and they are pretty good for a pilot with my combat skills 👍

Hmm... I may have to go and roll a couple! I've only recently started to use SCB's and they are pretty good for a pilot with my combat skills 👍
I've been using them on my FDL in the last few CZs and they've given me a pretty effective build. Not tried them engineered yet though (as evidenced by my G1 access to Mel Brandon up there. Need to work on that).

Since this thread's back, and it's been a while - a quick summary of recent engineering progress in Colonia:

G5 upgrades are now available in Power Distributor, Heat Sink and Frame Shift Drives
G4 upgrades are now available in Power Plant, Plasma Accelerator, FSD Interdictor, Point Defense

The following bubble engineers now offer no blueprints not available locally: Palin, Sedesi, Vatermann, Dekker, Qwent, Martuuk*, Dweller* and Jean

Only 9 blueprints remain below G3, and Surface Scanners are likely to reach G3 this week (which will complete duplication of Farseer's capability)

* Required for access to a Colonia engineer, though

Top Bottom