free* HOTAS giveaway!

EDIT: offer closed. Fly safe everyone o7

When someone says they're quitting usually a reply will go up like "can i haz ur stuff?", and this time you can! :)

Read the rules, post your entry, win a free HOTAS.

It's a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4, minimal wear, condition as-is. Working as well as when bought (it's not exactly top-end), maybe 4 hours use: i honesty can't remember, but didn't feel the love after trying a few times, and it's been sat on the shelf for well over a year.

Entry rules:

Post a reply to the thread, with a screenshot / evidence of doing something social in-game or supportive of the game.

Prime examples would be entering a Buckyball Racing Club race, I'll accept entries already done for the IronBucky and Colonia Dash but others (A* Challenge etc) must be new entries; or if you're a Fuel Rat post up the case (or PM the MechaSqueak link), ditto getting rescued post your experience; hunting Thargoids together? then share that; or maybe you're chilling out with others on The Great Expedition, post a video. Non-game things could be like the guys writing the Fangs comic, or that Youtuber who streamed writing a shield-calculation program.
I'm not trying to be uptight about this, just weed out any bots or chancers that don't actually play the game, and share some fun and love for the game.
Seriously though try a Buckyball race, you might like it and learn some new skills!

Entries close 1st of December, which should be enough time for people to do something and Santa to deliver before crimbo.

Winner drawn randomly, i guess i'll need some disclaimer about moving to a second choice if i can't contact first choicer, or just the right to jiggle the rules etc as i've probably forgotten something.

FAQ:

Does PvP count as social?
It depends, i'd like to see something where you made a positive impact to the game or another commander. If it was PvP training sure maybe, but it's easier to check non-PvP activities.
Non-consensual PvP, ganking and griefing will not be accepted as entries.

Yeah but...?
I don't care about justifications. Thats the rule.

What about CQC?
I almost forgot about that, but no CQC entries, unless FDev patch it into the main game before the close date ;/ where it always should have been.

Why are you doing this?
It's unused, so i might as well donate it to someone who'll appreciate it, rather than it goes into landfill. Then i thought, why not try to encourage and support the game a little.

So you're quitting Elite Dangerous?
Mostly, but i'll probably dabble or rat sporadically. I just don't see myself playing much at all until the 2020 game - assuming its any good.

What about shipping?
I'll pay postage to £10 in the UK (which should cover most everywhere, unless you're on some little island).
Winner can chat about delivery options, but to be honest it's probably not worth entering if you're not in the UK, as it'd just be cheaper to buy one locally. Your choice if you want to stump up 150 quid to send it to the Falklands or something.

Can i collect?
Stalky much! But we can probably meet-up if you're in London, and you can have a pint instead of paid delivery.

Can i get a refund if i don't like it / arrives broken?
LoL... No. Condition as-is.

Do you mind if i sell it on?
I'd prefer you didn't, but it's not like i can stop you. The point is to support the game, not line someone's pockets. Sigh, Wheaton's Law and all that.

How much longer are you going to go on?
Just trying to cover the bases knowing the sort of pedantic rule-lawyers the average ED forum-player is ;p

Last edited:
You are asking too much on an entry level HOTAS dedicated to one specific console. Yes it will also work on a PC but no serious ED player with all the other advanced HOTAS options will fly with it.
Not quite sure about your post's meaning: I'm asking for a post with maybe a picture is all, not selling anything, and it was posted in the PS4 section only - but if you think I should cross-post to the main (PC -centric) Dangerous Discussion for any entry-level PC players, I can do that too?

Anyway seems a moot point with no interest. I think i'll give the thread until Saturday, and then just donate it to @Alec Turner for the next Buckyball race (if they want it).

Last edited:
Not quite sure about your post's meaning: I'm asking for a post with maybe a picture is all, not selling anything, and it was posted in the PS4 section only - but if you think I should cross-post to the main (PC -centric) Dangerous Discussion for any entry-level PC players, I can do that too?
Ignore me. Sometimes I don't know what I'm talking about. All the best to you and your generous offer.

Last edited:
A commander here on the forum, I won't mention their name, started over from scratch for reasons I won't elaborate on.

In an act of friendship, I delivered to them some high value cargo so they could have their favorite ship back and get a leg up in the game.

I don't need the HOTAS but you might pay it forward as an act of friendship.
Good idea bro, anything I can do to help said Cmdr, let me know! o7

Top Bottom