Brookfield Zoo

Well - I will be trying to build a recreate of a real zoo outside the Chicago area called Brookfield Zoo...but I will be using a future master plan version of the zoo that I will be working from as the inspiration for this zoo. I'm sure I may have to take some liberties in some areas, but will try to follow the master plan as close as I can. I really hope that this turns out to be a good thread and that you will enjoy it.

Great thing is the plan has a sky lift ride in it and what a great surprise the they included a gondola type ride in the game release - - make me so excited.

Anyway...here is a shot of what the plan looks like.
fh17zR.jpg

And here is a link to a thread I had that went into more detail on this zoo, the history and the design growth if you are interested.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/zoo-design.510768/

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Wowman, if your work in Planet Coaster is any indication of what you're going to create in Planet Zoo, then I am most definitely looking forward to your awesome creations!

Looking at the zoo plan makes me very excited to see your progress with Brookfield Zoo! :D👍

I grew up with this zoo also. I take my kids to this zoo once a year. I get in free since I'm retired military. Great zoo, but after visiting other zoo's around the country I found out how small it is. Milwaukee zoo is about as far a drive as Brookfield, so we go there once a year also. Costs half as much and is twice as big.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Ahhhhhhh, My Hometown Zoo. :)SO glad to someone will take on the task. By the way, I echo every word Joel said above. I can't wait to see what you have planned,

A beautiful project.
I will follow your work as in PlanCo. It should be superb. Good luck.
Now that I have seen what the final version of the game contains, I think about my park project and I start.

Well - I will be trying to build a recreate of a real zoo outside the Chicago area called Brookfield Zoo...but I will be using a future master plan version of the zoo that I will be working from as the inspiration for this zoo. I'm sure I may have to take some liberties in some areas, but will try to follow the master plan as close as I can. I really hope that this turns out to be a good thread and that you will enjoy it.

Great thing is the plan has a sky lift ride in it and what a great surprise the they included a gondola type ride in the game release - - make me so excited.

fh17zR.jpg

And here is a link to a thread I had that went into more detail on this zoo, the history and the design growth if you are interested.

I've been thinking of attempting the same thing with the zoo near where I live... Although after playing for the last 2 days... the entrance alone is going to take me 15 years LOL

fh17zR.jpg

OHHHH earlier when I commented I never saw this zoo map... It makes so much more sense now. I found my near hometown zoo. Thanks wowman!

I'm already running into spacing/layout issues, so I may have to change the end design a bit. I started to place the transport rides (Green for the train, Gold for the gondola), and also started some path placement and the first animal enclosure (tigers circled in red). As you can see its way too large and I need to size it better before any details start to get added. I have to say, still not please with all the management requirements even in sandbox (like power, staff buildings, etc.) that are needed as this will make spacing/sizing ever more difficult.

Looks like I may run out of room to the far right of my map to fit in the aquatic animal section of the par. Seeing as this is not even in game yet (and we have no clue if it ever will be)...I'm not too concerned. I may just add a faux front to this area that you can see from the paths, but can't really support anything real.

This could go down on record as being the slowest build I have ever done.
pDL5sH.jpg

IiLx6N.jpg

I decided to shift/move everything to the left a bit to give me the room I need on the far right...so productive updates will be a bit delayed. Didn't help that I keep getting crashes every time I try to delete the enclosure.

So this build continues at a super slow pace. here is a reminder of the master pan that I'm working on. The tiger exhibit will have a building at the bottom (that I'm taking some liberties with and adding in a lower level partial under water viewing area. At the top will also do the main cat building where all the keeper and tiger dens will be located. I also added some liberties with the temple and the raised hill in the center of the exhibit as I don't believe the zoo in real life would have these high cost features.
qrjpCu.jpg

Here is what its looking like from ground level. The green line is a way for the tigers to get to the higher level of the hill.
nL1Nzh.jpg

This is what will be the inside of the viewing building
lJ6hph.jpg

Tiger explosion. I really hate the management part of this game. Why can't I just have a couple animals that will really never change status in sandbox?
VkfwEL.jpg

Looks great so far! Nice work.

I'm trying my hands on Diergaarde Blijdorp, Rotterdam. But it already starts off with animals that aren't in the game (yet). So will be a tough job for me.

Good luck proceeding.

O, and there is an option in the "Game" part of the settings menu that disables death, aging, birth etc. Do you have that ticked off or is it not working?

Franchise doesn't has this, I understand why, but sandbox has it if I recall correctly.

I do have that on, but have to mess with the variations of it more i guess. I do like having cubs, but them I have 20 of them in with in playing the game for just a couple hours. I may have to just turn them all off.Picking the age of the animals you want would be a great option as I can never find babies on the market

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Bravo
Your palace of tigers seems superb. Would you have other views of this palace to offer us please ?
thats actually from the workshop - I will look it up and give credit where its due. And yes - I will have way more shots as the habitat takes shape

Here is another small update for this habitat. Playing this game is so different for me than PlanCo. I'm going way slower, but this allows me to share how my building progress works with you guys. I typically only share a few build shots and focus more on the completed projects. Here are a few more details added to the tiger hill. some rocks and plants added as well as a second and third way up the hill. One is another walkway, and I also added a climbing structure that can be used for getting up there.
jAJJNA.jpg

Yms8Rn.jpg

WLK42M.jpg

Top Bottom