Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

ARX is already burning the fingers of many Cmdrs.
Meh, I'm not spending any until they make us NOT have to buy whole packs of stuff.

If I want ONE of the suits in a package of SIX, then I'm not gonna pay for the other 5, same for ship kits.

So I'll just gather the stuff on the side by and not care about it until they either change that, or I end up going into the 5 digits, which will take until next year or so.

Meh, I'm not spending any until they make us NOT have to buy whole packs of stuff.

If I want ONE of the suits in a package of SIX, then I'm not gonna pay for the other 5, same for ship kits.

So I'll just gather the stuff on the side by and not care about it until they either change that, or I end up going into the 5 digits, which will take until next year or so.
You mean like exactly what they did for most of the cosmetics?

The people who complain about these changes are determined to be unhappy. Enjoy your misery, it's all your own.

You mean like exactly what they did for most of the cosmetics?

The people who complain about these changes are determined to be unhappy. Enjoy your misery, it's all your own.
If the misery is over something as trivial as cosmetics then the game must be excellent otherwise it'd be a case of spitting the dummy out over something trivially amiss with the game :D

Are you sure? 😱

What is the purpose of this line of enquiry RatKatcher? If you think it's trivial why not just personally ignore it? That there are bigger issues doesn't mean the removal of the ability to directly pay the exact amount isn't an issue at all, just that it isn't one that's high on your own priority list.

The workaround is to not buy ARX packs at all, which is a self-solving problem for FDev. If it adversely affects shop income they will be motivated to do something about it, if it doesn't (or they don't care) they won't.

I was not a habitual purchaser of cosmetics before, I am now a slightly happier customer because I can use the free ARX to get some cosmetics, so for me it's all good but I don't seek to diminish the legitimate feedback of others over the 'keep the change' thing.

What is the purpose of this line of enquiry RatKatcher? If you think it's trivial why not just personally ignore it? That there are bigger issues doesn't mean the removal of the ability to directly pay the exact amount isn't an issue at all, just that it isn't one that's high on your own priority list.

The workaround is to not buy ARX packs at all, which is a self-solving problem for FDev. If it adversely affects shop income they will be motivated to do something about it, if it doesn't (or they don't care) they won't.

I was not a habitual purchaser of cosmetics before, I am now a slightly happier customer because I can use the free ARX to get some cosmetics, so for me it's all good but I don't seek to diminish the legitimate feedback of others over the 'keep the change' thing.
It is called humour...
(Which I comprehend is often misinterpreted as the very term is entirely subjective)

I have already bought Arx and am happy to have done so, the amount I have grows with each 'outing' up to the weekly limit, enabling me to purchase cosmetics as and when I wish. Console players have, since the introduction of 'gaming currency' bought in packs designed to be only 2 of the 3 bears chairs, now we all have to. The rub, of course, is that purchasing cosmetics is a considered decision, no benefit in-game is being sold, just vanity items. We are being given a limited amount each week just by playing, the 'keep the change' comment is biased as a smaller package purchased could be augmented by free Arx 'earned' in-game, provided no sense of urgency is driving one to buy now...

I have already bought Arx and am happy

That's the sum total of your argument. All your 'humour' is doing is making this issue appear to be a bigger deal than it is, ironically while attempting to mock those that provide anything other than 100% positive feedback.

There are upsides & downsides to this change. There's no technical reason why 'cash' payments couldn't have continued to be accepted other than complexity of the GUI design, and if it is perceived by FDev that sales are suffering as a result of this change it is in their best interests to do something about it; I have described this several times (not in this thread) as a self-solving problem.

My highly speculative guess is that marketing felt revenue from cash sales was dropping, and it was time to go freemium. Why else the September Update ARX Massacre? :)

Top Bottom