The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
hey, look at that....

662c8eb.jpg

You spreading FUD?

Speaking of FUD, it seems like totally legit organically grown community favourite Rexzilla's definitely-not-a-12-month-marketing-deal ended. After a year of all SC all the time because it's the bestest thingest everest, on Nov. 1, he suddenly moved to higher-paying marketing platform Facebook and now it's all CoD:MW all the time because it's the bestest thingest everest. :D

Speaking of FUD, it seems like totally legit organically grown community favourite Rexzilla's definitely-not-a-12-month-marketing-deal ended. After a year of all SC all the time because it's the bestest thingest everest, on Nov. 1, he suddenly moved to higher-paying marketing platform Facebook and now it's all CoD:MW all the time because it's the bestest thingest everest. :D

He was a COD fanboy before he started doing SC.

I'm sure he'll be missed :whistle:

I have not seen much improvement in FDev's Elite since we could land on moons.
Here you go:
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous:_Horizons
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous:_Beyond
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/April_Update
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/September_Update

Meanwhile, the October Monthly reports are out:

I'm well aware of the expansions they have released and im not very impressed by them. I was not making a comparison against SQ42 but merely stated I was not impressed by the work they put INTO their expansions and found them shallow and sloppy in design.

So it was definitely not a time-limited marketing deal and totally just a genuine case of loving SC forever.

Unbeliever!

He will be back streaming SC soon! He wouldn't abandon his Org and all his followers, and most certainly not his armada of JPGs!

ZDF will ride again!

I'm well aware of the expansions they have released and im not very impressed by them. I was not making a comparison against SQ42 but merely stated I was not impressed by the work they put INTO their expansions and found them shallow and sloppy in design.
Even the mining rework? I find that hard to believe, that was a very solid patch, covering a lot of work.

How is that different from all the people taking a look at Star Citizen and not being impressed with what they see? Personal perception is pretty much meaningless when it comes to evaluating a product apart from how much it means to "you" specifically. If we are talking about actual value we measure whats really there. Things that can be confirmed and evaluated.

I wont debate the "fun factor" of any given thing because its pretty much impossible to come to a consensus in that regard. We have people on this thread who are sceptical but continue to enjoy SC for what it offers right now. We have people who cannot see any value in it and of course we have people who act as if its the best thing since sliced bread. So individual perceptions cover the whole available spectrum and we cant really say "this guy is right, this guy is wrong, this guy is a hater and this guy is a shill"

When I engage in discussion about Star Citizen I used to be interested in all the hidden stuff. Things you dont see on the surface that nevertheless provide understanding about the products capabilities. Frankly, I try to see past the gloss and shine and examine the muscles and the bones to see how "healthy" things really are. I dont possess the required skills and knowledge in this particular example to come to a conclusive opinion myself but I m willing to listen to arguments and facts provided by others. And in this regard Star Citizen has a track record that makes it really hard to believe in it as a superior product once you look past the graphics and realize, thats pretty much it.

There are so many points, simple things really that are to this day inconclusive or not finished. CIG is unable to provide clear answers but continues to hide behind terms with twisted meaning or simply provides word salad that "covers" whats really going on. People continue to try to compare SC to ED or come up with justifications about SCs qualities because other games "do it too" or "dont do it either". How is that of any value in regards to SC? The thing about ED is that its out in the open. Its not hiding. It provides clear answers as to what it can and cannot do. It shows its outline borders, its limitations and from where I m standing the pricing is pretty "fair" to what it offers. Because ED is a released and finished product (ar at least is judged as a finished product) Star Citizen has to endure examples from ED or comparisons whenever ED surpasses it. The other way would work as well if SC could back up its claims but it simply cannot.

The gameworld is pityfully small at the moment.
Gameplay loops so far dont offer more depth, complexity or quantity.
The existence or capabilities of stuff like procgen, seamless transitioning, 64bit precision etc are to this day inconclusive and unproven.

Directing simple questions at CIG or the pro-community equals a test in patience and discpline because most of the time you are steamrolled with blatant exaggerations, non-answers and fluff, llistening to a torrent of meaningless filler words for 10 minutes and trying to remember what you asked in the first place and if that question was answered at all. Worse, as I am not as clueless in this topic as people might think they reply with vague statements or even try to bring up wrong claims as fact like recently when somebody tried to push the "64bit processing capabilities" down my throat which is inherently false and we know that for some time now, instead there is this mish-mash "64bit positioning grid on a 32bit engine" and its probably the reason for all kinds of problems. So refusing that argument didnt go well as you can imagine simply because Star Citizen obviusly is not a clearcut case or as transparent as people advertise it as. It rather resembles a gigantic grey area of things you can interprete however you want and that is pretty much counterproductive when it comes to evaluating a product. But thats mainly due to the fact because Star Citizen is not a product right now. And we really shouldnt treat it as one or try to drag games which managed to become one down to SCs level. At the very least its disrespectful regardless if you like ED or not. But so many people "hate" on it simply for the reason that its there and SC isnt....its quiet sad to watch.

I dont like Chris Roberts and I dont like CIG. As a consequence I am extremely distrustful of anything about Star Citizen. So my initial response is always biased. But that doesnt mean that I simply "hate" on it or demonize everything they do. Like most people on this thread I would have to (grudingly) accept facts about Star Citizen....even if they were positive gasp and I m willing to do that too thats why I continue to take looks into this mess.

I dont see the "fun" in what people currently do in Star Citizen. Some describe it in a manner that makes it hard to believe, others provide a more realistic picture and also state that "they" like it. These people are the reason why I continue to take a look at Star Citizen and try to determine its value as a video game for myself and others. Because lots of games have attempted to do impossible things in the past and have shown "great potential" but never delivered in the end. Those have the advantage that they are finished by now so they allow a final verdict. SC is an ongoing project, how much value it provides or is going to provide is yet to be determined if CIG every cares to advance the development.

Star Citizen continues to "hide" behind its unfinished state and being an Alpha. In my understanding that means that it cannot claim achievements that it didnt provide so far. But thats exactly what fans of the project try to do. Bashing and diminishing other games results in the process which is an extremely fragile attempt of distraction and deflection in my opinion. Especially on THIS forum of all places :)

But I guess people who want SC to be the next best thing get "hurt" by all the facts and truths and people who refuse to believe in a dream and stick to reality. So they try to "hurt back". Thats what I always think of whenever somebody takes a potshot at ED in order to justify some of SCs current states.

As I see it....Star Citizen right now is this mountain of "maybes" and surrounded by smoke that makes it hard to see clearly what it is. Its current value is completely based on the promises that CIG made in the past offering a gamestate that they seem to be unable to deliver at this very moment. Most people I care to listen to (aka not koolaid chugging cultists) admit that they "hold out and wait for things that SC will come up with" which basically means "what we have right now isnt really all that great but its a good start" The whole construct is very shaky and unstable. It hasnt achieved anything yet that would qualify it for standing on the same level as ED (in my eyes), it still has to prove itself. I ve said it many times but to be honest....its still the only thing I can say that speaks for Star Citizen.

Star Citizen has space legs.

Thats about it. Theres really nothing else there that would distinguish it from other games. And even with this unique quality (not really as unique anymore as it was in 2012) I still have to ask the question "do space legs make this a good game?" because obviously you need a little bit more to get a whole package And it seems that CIG realized that as well and struggles to come up with things to fill out that package. People like to call Star Citizen a "game" and describing what they do as "playing". We all here know that this is just an easy way to handle the discussion without first posting a disclaimer so we are all on the same page. Its just sad when you run into people who really think SC is a game already and can be "played". I never forgot that we are not even in beta yet so how can that be true? Its just one of the many things where fans of the project try to claim achievements and results that simply are not there.

I dont really care if CIG tries to create something that has never been done before. What I care about is if they can actually do it. Because the project right now isnt "it" and it looks like they are a loooong way off from "it". Meanwhile the project itself has become so boring for me to watch (because nothing really ever changes apart from details) that I instead watch the community, sitting in various echo chambers never speaking up, observing, sometimes poking and getting entertained by the complexity of human psyche and social interaction. Roadmaps provided by CIG are meaningless seeing how they shift from week to week or can be changed on a whim or even better, never mention the things that the team obviously was working on for some time. All this renders roadmaps pretty much useless when it comes to information or transparecy in the project. CIG statements are hard to understand first of all and again, are simply too unreliable in order to take as facts. Theres a lot of private people who claim to be experts in all things SC but their posts make them appear like fanatics. You really dont have to be a "fan" or supporter of Star Citizen in order to be an expert on this topic yet that seems to the qualifying factor in determining if somebodies contribution is accepted or if hes disregarded as a hater instead.

The government has people fighting drugs or investigating crime. Experts and I m pretty sure sniffing a white line regularly or killing/scamming people is not a requirement to be one.

When it comes to topics I am unsure about I tend to orientate towards the critical voices because these usually outline problems or shortcomings that the "fans" like to gloss over or "forget" to mention. These also are the places where you can receive the best possible answers because either you are provided with facts that are backed up by the product in question and refuse the criticism OR criticism persists because there are no answers able to refuse it. Some here manage to outline Star Citizens qualities that are actually available right now, not a pipe dream, not part of the "vision" but reality. And it only underlines how pityful small SC is as a game and how little it came along in development since 2012.

But please....continue to state how unimpressed you are with ED in particular. Even tho it holds no value in this discussion :)

Three days ago and ya got hours of SC game play.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/100103854757663/videos/2493429627570106/

But that must be a truck load of money to jump to facebook. I guess it makes a lot easier to stalk and dox people since everyone in chat is using their real names (most likely).
Huh, so when the previous 1yr marketing deal was due to end a new one was made: contract RexZilla to switch platforms from Twitch to Facebook, and market SC to mainstream COD players there?

Intriguing marketing decision by CIG and it just might work - plenty of new £££ to be found amongst the Facebook mainstream 🤔 💷

Huh, so when the previous 1yr marketing deal was due to end a new one was made: contract RexZilla to switch platforms from Twitch to Facebook, and market SC to mainstream COD players there?

Intriguing marketing decision by CIG and it just might work - plenty of new £££ to be found amongst the Facebook mainstream 🤔💷

Except the COD crowd want a fast paced immersive shooter don't they? Not a 30 minute journey to a destination with no enemies on a 50 player server where you land and LARP shooting at imaginary enemies.

Except the COD crowd want a fast paced immersive shooter don't they? Not a 30 minute journey to a destination with no enemies on a 50 player server where you land and LARP shooting at imaginary enemies.
You clearly don't understand milking-new-dreamers-for-cash developmemt

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom