Planet Coaster: Console Edition, coming Summer 2020!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Yes! The trailer is really nice, great job whoever made it! It's in the same funny yet light style that we're used from the previous Planet Coaster trailers. :D

It was spearheaded by the amazing John Laws, who's one of the key figures regarding the style of the game <3 I think it's one of the best trailers we've done so far! Gives me all the feels!

It was spearheaded by the amazing John Laws, who's one of the key figures regarding the style of the game <3 I think it's one of the best trailers we've done so far! Gives me all the feels!
It is defenitely one of the best trailers you made. I love everything about it. And the PlanCo music is such an catchy tune (earworm?! :ROFLMAO:) .... Even my husband who's not playing planco and just hear it from me, is humming it all day long hahaha

WOW! I didn't see this coming.
Fantastic news.. I don't play on consoles but this is great. I've never seen a livestream when people aren't popping up asking if there's a console version, so this is just one example showing that people want this.
And it's always good welcoming new people to the Planfam.
And I love the trailer.

Keep up the fantastic work Team Frontier. :D(y)

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
So reading your original post in this thread is this going to have all the DLC included in the base?

It quite clearly says in the main post: Planet Coaster: Console Edition will include free content and features that have been added to the game since launch, so both Xbox and PlayStation players will be able to live out their wildest theme park dreams.

We've nothing to announce regarding DLCs on console right now.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Fantastic news.. I don't play on consoles but this is great. I've never seen a livestream when people aren't popping up asking if there's a console version, so this is just one example showing that people want this.
And I love the trailer.

Thanks lovely <3

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
And I love the trailer.

As someone who watches (almost) all livestreams in the past 3 years there was hardly any livestream chat in which the question "Planet Coaster for consoles" wasn't asked... I'm glad that I can give people a new answer on that question from now on. :)

There's much enthusiasm around here.

I just can't imagine how PC will work on a console.
PC still is more a creation-based software instead of a "game". It takes much time to place single items to the right position. How should this work with a gamepad?
There might be mid or higher limitations of how much is possible to realize after converting it to console hardware.
I can't imagine that there will be as many sales on console to make profit.

Frontier should use their resources for developing PC2, in which all the major problems/wishlists should be worked on.

But that's all my personal opinion.
Good luck with this one...

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
There's much enthusiasm around here.

I just can't imagine how PC will work on a console.
PC still is more a creation-based software instead of a "game". It takes much time to place single items to the right position. How should this work with a gamepad?
There might be mid or higher limitations of how much is possible to realize after converting it to console hardware.
I can't imagine that there will be as many sales on console to make profit.

Frontier should use their resources for developing PC2, in which all the major problems/wishlists should be worked on.

But that's all my personal opinion.
Good luck with this one...
But it's a whole new game audience? Also potentially, the resources have different skills to create a console version to any PC games.

Sorry, I'm exited on one side, but on the other side, you've lost in my personal opion your your complete credibility. Why have you always told us over all the years that there are NO PLANS for a Console Version? Very bad corporate policy. Is Planet Splash next on your list, because you always tell us, that you don't want release a waterpark game?

I mean, there's that, but also we were told no custom music, glass, and a few other things :p maybe weather is on the way, all we need now is Smooth Coasters, a proper asian theme (not just a pack themed to a few shops) and I'll consider getting the last 3 DLC's, what was it... magnificent rides, classic rides, and ghost busters?

So if I have the PC game and when the Planet coaster Console game comes out will I have to pay again in order to have the game on my console or will I be able to just download the game since I have it purchased already?

As far as I know, there's no steam available for ps4/xbox. If you'll really want to play it on your console you have to pay the full price.
I just can't imagine that anybody wants to do so (considering console version limits)...

Hayo coaster friends!

After three successful years on PC, we're excited to announce that Planet Coaster is coming to console in Summer 2020!

Planet Coaster: Console Edition will include free content and features that have been added to the game since launch, so both Xbox and PlayStation players will be able to live out their wildest theme park dreams.

Planet Coaster: Console Edition will have everything you've come to know and love from the game: physics-driven realism, piece-by-piece construction, and advanced simulation to offer control over every aspect of your parks. We're also adding a brand new tutorial to help new players get to grips with all that the game has to offer, so they can build and manage their coaster kingdoms.

For now, we'd like to welcome all new console players to the Planet Coaster community, and hope that they feel the amazing support from our beloved PC PlanCoFam who undoubtedly have lots of great tips, tricks, and memories to share!
Would I have to get PlayStation Plus to play the game

John Laws is my hero. Been counting down the days until his yearly appearance on the charity livestream, have had to with the 2018 Twitch archive to pass the time. Surely he can't surpass last year's effort as Bob Ross? Anyhow I digress...

If it's just the same exact game on console, I'll pass, too. I'd rather play it with a mouse. I'd rather have more content for PC1 or a PC2.
Pretty much the whole point of bringing Planco to console is so another generation of players can jump in. Some people are console gamers only, some are PC gamers. Yes I agree, it's a little pointless to buy the same game on two consoles (as I found out the hard way through Minecraft on Xbox several years back) but many will agree the best thing about this is welcoming more people into the community. :)

In my opinion , it's just a way to make more money , with new consumers , so , us ,the old and faithful players are left "on the side of the road" .!☹

Top Bottom