I'm assuming that the FD test for presence of Raxxla is to get within X ls or Km of it's distance from primary star within system before it appears as a USS.
Currently 1.04 ly from Sol towards Alpha Hydri, but if it's in the opposite/any other direction I would be severely cheesed off! That would make it just about impossible to find!

@BlueWolve: Do you have something like Stellarium? Just had a thought but it would be a good idea to check the alignments of the planets within Sol for your hypothesis & see if Sol/Earth-Venus-Pluto line up for around the date of the first reported rumour of Raxxla.. Orbital period of Pluto is 248 years. So the alignment might ccurrently be pointing away from Raxxla? Actuallu Earth & Venus periods are too short to really matter, so just the Sol-Pluto alignment.
I don’t have anything like Stellaruim, but I have a few things to note in regards to the question.

First thing we know is;

The earliest documented reference to Raxxla dates to 2296 and originates from an entry in the personal journal of Art Tornqvist, a shipboard mechanic based out of Tau Ceti. The entry does not describe Raxxla or its possible whereabouts, but its existence is evidence that the Raxxla legend was already in the public consciousness by that time.

Also;

It is impossible for the planets to ever perfectly align (because of their different tilts). Although sometimes they will appear to be in the same rough area of sky. However, because this is nothing more than appearance dependent on perception, one has to be at a particular point for them to appear to align.

I will try and do a bit more digging with the tools I have available to see if we can get those specific planets to align in a particular way.

Still digging, but wanted to write this down.

Using this tool;

I have found an alignment on the 8th of the January 2018, but that tool doesn’t go past the year 3000 and it isn’t probably good enough for what we are looking for.

Something that grabbed my attention in regards to alignment, is the line of nodes.

Have a read through the following NASA blog if you like;

Or if TL;DR;

The Line of Nodes is the intersection between the orbital plane of Pluto (purple) and that of Earth (white). Because Pluto’s orbit is significantly inclined relative to the ecliptic plane, node crossings are rare, and because Pluto’s orbit is eccentric, they occur in 87- and 161-year intervals. Credit: Anne Verbiscer

Edit: July 2179 is the next one, then July 2266. The 2266 one is a great alignment, having Venus, Earth and Pluto all on the same side of Sol and also getting very close to the first documented mention of Raxxla.

Last edited:
I want to say many warm words to this Quest for it ability to bring me back to the game. I'm in Alpha Centauri now and look at Sol. Unfortunately I experienced some system failures with my PC. Need more investigation. Something with video driver. But I believe I'll find it. One day.
You believe you'll one day find Raxxla or a video driver?

Currently 1.25 ly from Sol looking for Nemesis & just got a massacre civilians contract offer, some strange programming here FD!
They just pop up randomly right? Nothing to note with the offering faction or anything? Seems like a weird place to get a mission. Even though it is likely completely random it would be nice if it were a covert initiation mission of some kind for TDW. However a massacre of helpless civilians doesn’t seem like something one would have to do to prove their integrity or skills.

Top Bottom